Pre-Game Talk: 2015 NHL Entry Draft - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
If Boeser isn't there I'm on the Jack Roslovic train. I think a lot of the CHL guys are overrated this year.

I don't think we'll get a star defenseman at 23 so I want to keep drafting fast powerful forwards who have skill.

Regarding Pilon he's become underrated now...remember when he was considered a top 10 pick? I still think he deserves to be a late first, he does everything pretty well and is a good skater despite his name.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Roslovic. I know very little about him so I decided to do some research. Another Ohio product, along with Cole Cassels. He's got a CJ scouting report, so that's convenient.

He appears to be the finisher on a line with Auston Matthews and Matthew Tkachuk. Matthews is a great playmaker, as I assume we all know.

Here he is being interviewed by an Eddie Lack soundalike:

-------------

RW finisher. Most effective put alongside a playmaking C. Deadly in close - he reminds me of Nick Bonino in this regard. Relatively confident person on and off the ice.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I agree that most of the CHL guys are overrated , pretty average or boom/bust in the 20-30 range. I think all the players from like 18-40 are all pretty much similar.

Pls Benning get another first/second round pick.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Most likely not a 1st rounder but have really liked Dermott this season. Was mentioned once or twice before, I believe.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Most likely not a 1st rounder but have really liked Dermott this season. Was mentioned once or twice before, I believe.

I agree. He has stood out during the Erie run in my opinion. Plays well on both sides of the ice, good vision, appears really poised for a young guy. I would like to get a high 2nd or late 1st and grab him if possible.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I agree. He has stood out during the Erie run in my opinion. Plays well on both sides of the ice, good vision, appears really poised for a young guy. I would like to get a high 2nd or late 1st and grab him if possible.

If we're interested in a smallish offensive defenseman both Vince Dunn and Mitch Vande Sompel are superior talents IMO. Dermott was good last year too but hasn't improved as much as the other 2 this year.

LaLaLuongo

Sep 23, 2009
Big powerforward, who is a great pk guy, and has a good shot. However his skating needs work(especially his first few strides), and won't provide much offence. I could see him becoming like a Brian Boyle if everything works out for him, and he'd be an excellent 4/5th rounder imo. Hope this helped.

It definitely did! Thank you so much, his skating was the one big question mark I had on him. Thanks again!

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I heard that if both Calgary and Minny advance, Canucks will pick 21st, one of them advance Canucks will pick 22nd.
Is it true?

Unfortunately there is almost no chance of Calgary beating Anaheim :(.. I could see Minny putting up a fight though

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't get why we should be 23rd since we were eliminated earlier.

Anyways NHL.com has Merkley ranked as 23rd would be nice to pick him up.

Cause that isn't how it works. Isn't based on when you are eliminated, it's based on reg season points. Only change comes from the fact that the final four teams are given the last 4 picks in the draft (27-30). Anything before conference finals doesn't matter. So even though Calgary (likely) goes out in the second and us in the first, they will still pick 15th and we'll get somewhere from 21st-23rd.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Cause that isn't how it works. Isn't based on when you are eliminated, it's based on reg season points. Only change comes from the fact that the final four teams are given the last 4 picks in the draft (27-30). Anything before conference finals doesn't matter. So even though Calgary (likely) goes out in the second and us in the first, they will still pick 15th and we'll get somewhere from 21st-23rd.

I hate this. Just like when the Sharks picked before us two years ago. You should never be picking after the team that eliminated you.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

I think he gets how it works, he just disagrees with it and i dont blame him. Its why flames fans are gloating they are stoked to beat us and happy to go out in the 2nd round and keep a strong draft position much better than our own despite eliminating us.

I dont exactly know how that seems fair. If you reward poor regular season teams, why not reward poor playoff teams that go out in the first round. And playoffs are supposedly where it counts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad