GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft - Part II

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Or never mind... how about Korostelev. :D

Wasn't high on him, but can't complain in the 7th.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Not sure how many people recognize this but the NHL is trending toward fast, skilled, smaller players. Gaudreau, Johnson, Ennis, Gallagher, Krug had good years. Last year Conacher and St. Louis. Leafs are drafting for skill smarts character, size can be traded for in the bottom 6.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
6'1 RW. I'm really surprised we didn't draft a center today. Marner and Nylander as the future?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Gotta say, though his body of work is still very small, Dubas the deal maker is off to a fine start. Hunter the draft guy will take much longer to conclude but I have confidence he knows what he is doing.

Though the current management structure is unusual it seems like it could work, at least for awhile.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
With a 7th, Why not.

Wasn't keen on him in the top 90, But hey hopefully he comes through.

Nice draft boys. We went with skill this year no doubt.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If you believe the scouts and the players they are comparing the players Shanny and team drafted, we drafted Kane at #4, Stralman at # 34, Johnson at #61, Karlson at #95.

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
We could have moved a few of the core pieces, but obviously the return wasn't what the Leafs want. Hopefully patience pays off. Moving back and getting additional picks was a nice move. I've been pleased with trades the orchestrated by Dubas so far. Looking forward to seeing if we can make a few more moves in the next couple of weeks.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Successful draft. I can't recall the last time the Leafs have had so many picks. Next year is likely going to be even more with potential Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak, etc trades.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I guess they don't feel there's an urgency. I think they actually like all three guys we have in the minors, and our NHLers are young.

i guess so. I am pretty sure we haven't drafted a goalie last year, so It's sort of like... why not?

we sure drafted smart, skilled people.

on to UFA day!

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
I guess they don't feel there's an urgency. I think they actually like all three guys we have in the minors, and our NHLers are young.

I would love to see them to invite one of the undrafted kids to camp - Jake Morrissey maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad