GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft - Part II

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Stephen Desrocher
North American Skater - Oshawa, OHL
Final Rank: 145 Midterm Rank: 181
Position: Defenseman Shoots: Left
Height: 6' 4" Weight: 198
Born: January 26, 1996 Hometown: Toronto, Ont.
Born in: Toronto, ON, CAN
Drafted: 2015: TOR (6th Round / 155th Overall)

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
New smurfs. What a **** new mantra

LMAO - people are acting like we have to dress every one of these picks in 3 years as our team! :shakehead

The Leafs are doing what Tampa did - find an area that teams are leaving exposed, and use it to gain valuable assets. Teams didn't want Russians - Tampa took them, and now their stacked.

Teams don't want small players - but in a year where Tyler and Johnny G tore it up, the Leafs are recognizing there IS a place for these kids in the future of the game.

The Leafs are adding ASSETS. We've managed to grab a half-dozen kids in late rounds with potential FIRST ROUND TALENT. When some of the 'old school' teams start realizing that these kids can play, and when other teams start looking for their own Johnny G's - we will have a VALUABLE stockpile to work with! :handclap:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
giphy.gif

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Nice. Desrocher was definitely intriguing to me. Hunter is channeling my thoughts pretty well, though he should have grabbed Aho, but anyway. :)

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
If a team just downloaded a central scouting list and picked from top to bottom; the uninformed sheep on this website would believe that they were the best drafting team in history.

Look back at old lists and see how far off the order of picks ended up acting as a reflection of how those players developed. Anything outside the top 5-10 is not easily predictable.

Give the new management and scouting direction a chance. I guarantee they are better at this than any of us.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I'm happy with Desrocher. Watched him play a few times this season and he was an important part for the Oshawa Generals. One quality I remember of him is his big shot although it seems to me that his aim needs work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad