GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft (At Least we're not Boston) - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Barkov and Ekblad made me interested in opening night. While they maybe lottery picks, I think Tallon and Co. missed on some top-flight talent, and an opportunity to make a few headlines.

Tallon isn't here to make headlines. He's trying to build a contender.

There wasn't a McDavid or Eichel available at 11.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
Barkov and Ekblad made me interested in opening night. While they maybe lottery picks, I think Tallon and Co. missed on some top-flight talent, and an opportunity to make a few headlines.

Crazy. Lawson Crouse was a guy that many had as a top 5 pick a couple months ago, he was a premier guy in this draft; that's the way the media will read it and we will get headlines.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tallon isn't here to make headlines. He's trying to build a contender.

There wasn't a McDavid or Eichel available at 11.

LOL. Exactly, what is with all this "headlines" an "excitement" crap. Screw that. Tallon is trying to build the best team possible. Thats his job. Not to make headlines.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Crazy. Lawson Crouse was a guy that many had as a top 5 pick a couple months ago, he was a premier guy in this draft; that's the way the media will read it and we will get headlines.

On this board, anyone over 6'2" is a slow, stupid, skilless buffoon.

Anyone under 6'0" is the next Crosby.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Bumed about not getting Mikko. Crouse is a player, you guys are crazy saying he will be a 3rd liner. He will get fed tape to tape passes from Barkov and easily put them through, he hits and fights he'll be an instant fan favorite.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
If there is one thing we can agree on Viola and Co put on a great show for the draft. Proud of my fellow Panther fans for showing out loud and proud. Booing Boston, Montreal and Toronto, brought a tear to my eye.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I'm freaking so annoyed with the Avs. They legit always draft the people we want a pick ahead of us. Landeskog, MacKinnon, and now Rantanen.

From Tallon's post 1st round interview you can tell Rantanen was the one they really wanted. He even said that they were thinking about giving up an asset to move up to get him, but that they were content with Crouse.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Won't lie. Hated this pick at first. Was angry and pissed off at Colorado. But now. After reading more about him and seeing his vids. This dude will be a steal and will work out really well for us.

I'm still not sold on Barkov. I think Crouse is wayyy better than Barky.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Can we just appreciate one last time how bad Boston did today? Those trades and then drafting players that may have been available second round :laugh:

Also Bettman is awesome, and if anyone listened to Sportsnet Tallon said they know they have to win to sell tick- and then he stopped and said to sell the market to fans :laugh:

Appreciate Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad