GDT: 2015 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That's not true and you know it. Only 8 teams even have the option of being in on him. Most of them literally cannot fit him under the cap. Take away the no trade clause and its a 15 team bidding war.

Just because he has a NMC doesn't mean those are the only teams he would be willing to accept a trade to.

If there was another team that was interested in Kessel that wasn't on his list Toronto would ask Kessel to waive his NMC to go to that team.

They haven't had to ask Kessel that question because nobody else is interested in him.

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
Why is there any reluctance at all to include Pouliot in a potential Kessel deal?

Because we do not need or want Kessel. Too many years. More importantly too much $$$. We can't have that much money tied up in Geno, Crosby, and Kessel. It will end badly. Time to build our own talent.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There's only 8 teams that can go after Kessel: Us, NYR, BOS, CHI, MTL, PHI, MIN and LA. Which of those teams can logistically fit Kessel? Maybe Boston (now) but they're in rebuild mode now.

Technically they can strike a deal with say Florida, then ask Kessel to waive his NTC.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just because he has a NMC doesn't mean those are the only teams he would be willing to accept a trade to.

If there was another team that was interested in Kessel that wasn't on his list Toronto would ask Kessel to waive his NMC to go to that team.

They haven't had to ask Kessel that question because nobody else is interested in him.

Why do you think Kessel would do this team any favors at this point? And how do you know that hasn't happened?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Why is there any reluctance at all to include Pouliot in a potential Kessel deal?

If we are the only team that's trying to acquire him and the Leafs feel like they have to move him, why should we be rushing to part with Pouliot?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's only 8 teams that can go after Kessel: Us, NYR, BOS, CHI, MTL, PHI, MIN and LA. Which of those teams can logistically fit Kessel? Maybe Boston (now) but they're in rebuild mode now.

And the fact they traded him, and then traded assets received for him.:laugh:

Most unlikely destination. Though, in one hand, with his contract length he could be around for this rebuild. I doubt he wants to wait on the other hand.

penguins2946*

If be eternally disappointed in this franchise if they move Maatta. Like seriously. I'd be pissed if they moved DP but I'd get over it, I would lose all faith I still have in this organization if Maatta gets moved. It's a mind boggling dumb move that makes absolutely no sense based on our team needs.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois

For the love of God do not deal with the Leafs! They have the upperhand and I dont want Kessel at all! GMJR needs to focus on Oshie

How do they have the upperhand? i feel like for trading a player of Kessel's ability they couldn't be in a worse position. He wants out, has as NTC(Limited), Has a big bonus coming up and only one team seems to be in on him right now.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
If we are the only team that's trying to acquire him and the Leafs feel like they have to move him, why should we be rushing to part with Pouliot?

Because it's gonna take a prospect of that caliber to execute the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad