GDT: 2015 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
"Say's the guy, who talks about another guy 'with no Stanley Cups."

Jesus Christ. I avoid this place for a couple months, only to come back and see the Bobby Orr-ification of Simon Despres continues...

Hilarious. Just because Despres is going to be great suddenly we're accused of Bobby Orr-izing him.

He's a Brent Seabrook. Not as big of a shot, better mobility on the pinch, same physical component. A stud.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The hawks also have a ton of young guns to fill the rest of the roster. We have 3-4, less if we move them for kessel. Whats your point?

We can fill spots with Bennett, Maatta, Dumoulin, Harrington, (Not as young but still will be cheap) Plotnikov, Sundqvist, Wilson, Rust. That's assuming we trade Pouliot and keep Kapanen in the AHL.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I would want to go to the best team I can go to.

The organization doesn't want him.

He gets crushed in the media almost every day during the season.

It has to be an awful situation for him.

I have a hard time believing his NMC is going to be a problem, i'm sure he would love to go anywhere else.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I have a hard time believing his NMC is going to be a problem, i'm sure he would love to go anywhere else.

If it comes down to it, sure. But he doesn't have to be in a rush when he knows Pittsburgh is actively trying to acquire him.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
An $8M cap hit seems like a lot but when Toews in Kane are making $10.5M each, you're going to see a 26 y/o Stamkos, 27 y/o Tavares, 28 y/o Kopitar and 27 y/o Benn all making $12M+.

Indeed. And you're going to see Ryan O'Reilly making 7.5M. You're going to see guys like Frolik and Beleskey pushing 5M. Phil Kessel is an 8 million dollar player.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

He actually seems to really love the city and Bozak is his best friend. So I doubt he would be too broken up about staying.

Maybe Bozak does get moved and Kessel is so desperate to get out he accepts a trade to a crap team. However, I don't see the situation like that.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 2m2 minutes ago
Hearing trade of Khudobin to Ducks involves Wisniewski coming back to the Hurricanes. #TSN

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
He actually seems to really love the city and Bozak is his best friend. So I doubt he would be too broken up about staying.

Maybe Bozak does get moved and Kessel is so desperate to get out he accepts a trade to a crap team. However, I don't see the situation like that.

Hes always said he loved it there, but its different now.

They are rebuilding now, they wouldn't be competitive for a while, the organization doesn't want him.

The media hates him, he hates the media.

If he stays he will get asked about being traded every day.

It would be a terrible situation for the team and himself.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hes always said he loved it there, but its different now.

They are rebuilding now, they wouldn't be competitive for a while, the organization doesn't want him.

The media hates him, he hates the media.

If he stays he will get asked about being traded every day.

It would be a terrible situation for the team and himself.

that doesn't mean he's worried about being traded today vs a week from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad