GDT: 2015 NHL Draft Thread (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think Hanafin slips to 5 and they pick him. It all depends on who Arizona takes at 3. I don't think they move the pick and they take Strome instead of Hanafin.

i could see this happening.

1. mcdavid
2. EIchel
3. strome
4. prov/hanifin
5.prov/hanifin
6. marner.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think Hanafin slips to 5 and they pick him. It all depends on who Arizona takes at 3. I don't think they move the pick and they take Strome instead of Hanafin.

Agreed about Arizona. They are that fantasy GM that dangles their valuables but never ever makes a trade.

I have always wanted provorov and still want him now. If he gets taken earlier we will have a high end fwd available. We should stay at 7. At most trade up but retain the 7th but even this would be unwise.

That said Grieg is oushing to move up to get provorov locked...

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Oh so much rumors about picks being available. I'm going to guess here that not one top ten pick is traded for a player. We have this every year and every year the picks aren't moved. Now the later firsts I think have some chances but not anyone in the top 10.

Maybe the Flyers really do move up though? If they covet Provorov I wouldn't mind moving to 3-5 to ensure we get him. I am just not thrilled with the possibility of moving up with the cost.

Boedker

for
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
Chicago's 2nd rounder(2016)

Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
i could see this happening.

1. mcdavid
2. EIchel
3. strome
4. prov/hanifin
5.prov/hanifin
6. marner.

I am starting to think both Hanifin/Provorov are gone top 5 with or without Arizona trading their pick. I also think Strome would fall to the Devils in that case.

SchennSational1022*

I think Provorov will last to us, if he doesn't, one of Strome/Marner/Hanifin will. We're really in a win-win position guys.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If Provorov is indeed their guy, they better hope the top seven go exactly as Button projected last night.

If Hanifin isn't available to Carolina at #5, I don't see Provorov lasting until #7.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Provorov will last to us, if he doesn't, one of Strome/Marner/Hanifin will. We're really in a win-win position guys.

One of Hanifin or Provorov, perhaps. I still can't see either Strome or Marner falling out of the top 6.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Philly media also reported that Hextall was pursuing Babcock hard, which turned out to be nothing but baseless speculation.

Forgive my skepticism that there is anything other than similar speculation in support of the Provorov story.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

This is how I feel as well. I'd love Provorov. If he goes before us, fine...someone is falling to us. Fingers crossed for Marner or Hanifin.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
FRANK SERAVALLI, Daily News Staff Writer.

It isn't a smoke screen, it's just Frank seeing all the reasons of Provorov being the best possible fit and making conjecture.

He usually isn't good at making believable conjecture, but this time, he is. Since coming onboard to TSN, he seems much more professional and stands apart from our other beat writers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
FRANK SERAVALLI, Daily News Staff Writer.

It isn't a smoke screen, it's just Frank seeing all the reasons of Provorov being the best possible fit and making conjecture.

He usually isn't good at making believable conjecture, but this time, he is. Since coming onboard to TSN, he seems much more professional and stands apart from our other beat writers.

Just like his recent speculation on Babcock. Frank doesn't have a clue which rightfully so keeps people skeptical of the information he puts out.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia

I don't think were guaranteed any of those guys... The Devils will screw us.

McDavid
Eichel
Strome
Marner
Hanifin
Provorov

Could play out with those players all getting selected before us in any order.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I don't think were guaranteed any of those guys... The Devils will screw us.

McDavid
Eichel
Strome
Marner
Hanifin
Provorov

Could play out with those players all getting selected before us in any order.

Woot and I get my boy Barzal! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad