GDT: 2015 NHL Draft Thread (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
A stream has been posted elsewhere in this thread: http://blabseal.com/frodo/
-----------------------------

PLEASE READ:
In order to avoid duplication of threads for the Flyers' picks, GKJ will start each thread on Saturday. For Flyers' picks made Friday, GKJ or I will begin threads.

This has been done in the past in order to avoid multiple threads with the same topic. We also have this ongoing thread for any and all draft talk.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT INFORMATION

• Where: BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla.
  • When: The first round will be Friday, June 26. Rounds 2 through 7 will be Saturday, June 27.
  • TV info for Friday: NBCSN in the USA. Sportsnet and TVA in Canada. Start time is 7:00 p.m. ET.
  • TV info for Saturday: NHL Network provides live coverage to viewers throughout North America. Also, TVA Sports in Canada has coverage. Start time is 10:00 a.m. ET.

Links to prospects and other information:

b7HG0Ju.jpg

Forwards:
RAIMLld.jpg

Defensemen:
OQVylJY.png

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS' 2015 ENTRY DRAFT PICKS​

Round | Pick No. | Original Owner | Trade(s)
1|7| Philadelphia |None
1|29 | Tampa Bay | Braydon Coburn
2| 61 | Chicago | Kimmo Timomen
3| 70 | San Jose | Tye McGinn
3| 90| Tampa Bay | Braydon Coburn
4|98| Philadelphia |None
4|99| Columbus | Scott Hartnell
5|128| Philadelphia | None
6|158| Philadelphia | None
7|188| Philadelphia | None

• The Flyers traded their second round pick to the NYI (Andrew MacDonald).
  • The Flyers traded their third round pick to Columbus (Steve Mason).

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS' 2016 ENTRY DRAFT PICKS​
Round | Pick No. | Original Owner | Trade(s)
1|-- | Philadelphia | None
2| -- | Chicago | Kimmo Timonen
2| -- | Philadelphia | None
3| -- | Philadelphia |None
4|--| Philadelphia |None
5|--| Philadelphia | None
6|--| Philadelphia | None
7|--| Philadelphia | None

Last edited:

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Michael Grosso or Rumor Break is a hack. Don't trust his tweet that we are in talks with ARZ for the 3rd pick.

Hexy already said he sees no difference between picks 3-7 anyways.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Michael Grosso or Rumor Break is a hack. Don't trust his tweet that we are in talks with ARZ for the 3rd pick.

Hexy already said he sees no difference between picks 3-7 anyways.

Hope so, I don't want to give what it would take to get to #3

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Would love to get Hanifin but I dont think the difference between him and whoever is available at 7 is big enough to move any worthwhile assets for.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In reply to the question before about Foley and Lindgren not being in McKenzies top 100:

No clue in hell... both have serious upside.

Foley has NHL skating and an NHL shot already, along with relentless fore-checking, gritty play and a great attitude. Questions on his IQ are abound, but he could be a 25 goal guy with his skillset.

Lindgren has crazy offensive upside for a D prospect, the game looks so easy for him with the puck on his stick. Great skater, awesome passer, good stickhandler. He makes others, even grown men in the SHL in his limited appearances, look to be playing a different game as he is a step ahead of them a heck of a lot. Works hard too. He could be a 50 point D man. He also has a lot of growing to do, he already grew 2 inches (6ft now) in the last year but is still only 160lbs.

I think both are gone by the time the 3rd round rolls around.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Would love to get Hanifin but I dont think the difference between him and whoever is available at 7 is big enough to move any worthwhile assets for.

A good number of people actually prefer Provorov to Hanifin. Craig Button does and has Ivan as his #1 and Noah as his #2, and I'd have to say I do too. Given that he's deemed NHL ready, the signing of Medvedev makes sense to be a mentor for Ivan and to solidify our blue line for the next decade with Sanheim, Morin, Ghost, Alt/Hagg. We're going to draft him.

Or I could be completely wrong. :D

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So to recap Arizona has two firm offers on the table with no pick swap involved & one with a pick swap inside the top 10 (speculated to be Columbus).

I wonder if Hextall's dangling Simmonds out there again (not saying that because of that tweet but because of what happened last year).

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
So to recap Arizona has two firm offers on the table with no pick swap involved & one with a pick swap inside the top 10 (speculated to be Columbus).

I wonder if Hextall's dangling Simmonds out there again (not saying that because of that tweet but because of what happened last year).

We're on the same page today. I was just about to speculate whether Simmonds is being dangled again.

I wonder what we'd have to add to get the 3rd overall. The value of those picks are extremely hard to gauge when talking player for picks.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meltzer wrote that Simmonds wasn't made available last year.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...valier-Sarah-Therien-Alumni-and-More/45/69356

The Florida deal was discussed at the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia. Supposedly, salary cap relief on Lecavalier was one piece of a multi-component blockbuster trade that would also have netted the Flyers the first overall pick of the 2014 Draft and the chance to draft already NHL-ready defenseman Aaron Ekblad. Ultimately, the Panthers decided to stand pat.

At one point last offseason, it was rumored there was a potential deal with Ottawa but Lecavalier himself was not interested. This scenario was subsequently denied. The Nashville and Florida were not denied after the fact but no specifics were offered as to what would have to go the other way. The only thing said of the Florida scenario was that Wayne Simmonds would not have been involved despite media conjecture to the contrary.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Get number 3 without giving up 7. Draft Hanifen and Provorov.

Sanheim-Provorov
Hanifin-Morin
Ghost-Hägg

Defense wins championships, right?

MadFerIt95*

No ****. I just looked at the clock and made the comment. Wasn't thinking about time zones. It's all good. We are now by it. Lol.

Time zones are a serious matter and I expect next time you pay more close attention.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
“Goalies are risky. Period. You pick a goalie, you might hit a home-run like [New] Jersey with Brodeur or you might go with the five strikeouts. That’s why I think it’s moved back [to later rounds]. Now as soon as someone hits on one, then all of a sudden they start going in the first [round]. If you look, there’s a trend. I don’t look at it like that. If we want a goalie at a certain place and we like them enough we’ll take a shot at them.”

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=771523

Looks like Hextall is unlikely to take a goalie high just for the sake of it which is very encouraging. Also interesting is that they study drafting trends.

Another article with more quotes:

"Look at the history of goalies," said Hextall, noting that Nashville's Pekka Rinne (eighth round, 2004) and the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist (seventh round, 2000) were late-round selections. "You can pick good goalies in any round. But I think once you draft a goalie, he's probably a good four years away.

"We need to get some goalies in our system, and it's a focus of ours. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting two this year."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...get_goalies_in_draft.html#CvwzjSxsZpvmBmIH.99

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad