GDT: 2015 NHL Draft Thread (STREAM, TV info and draft data in post #1: please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
The smaller picture under Provorov in the Orr uniform. It's labeled Provorov, but that's Marner, correct?

No, Marner was on team Cherry.

I really want Provorov, but I am not sure about trading up for him.

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
Provorov was No. 9 on team Orr and Marner was No. 93 on team Cherry.

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
I guess that is the type of careful reporting that gets you hired by TSN.

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
One scout says if Provorov is still available when the Flyers select at No. 7, that he "unequivocally" will be heading to Philadelphia. Of course, this is just the speculation of the season, because nothing in this draft is unequivocal after McDavid and Eichel. But it just adds to the intrigue of the process.

One source says Flyers amateur scout Mark Greig, the WHL expert who pushed for defenseman Travis Sanheim at No. 17 overall last June, has pleaded with Hextall to trade up to ensure the Flyers can snag Provorov. That might prove difficult, since the Flyers likely would need to package a roster player in addition to the No. 7 pick just to jump up a couple slots in this high-end draft.

That's because he has roots much closer to Philadelphia than Yaroslavl, Russia, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where he played the 2013-14 season, or even Brandon. Provorov spent his first two years on North American soil playing in Pittston, Pa., the town that splits Wilkes-Barre from Scranton.

"I think I'm ready this year," Provorov said of playing in the NHL. "I think I can adjust my game to the speed and the physical play. I'm going to work hard in the summer. If not, definitely by the age of 19."

Provorov's only disappointment from the scouting combine was not getting to meet Hextall - after seeing him on the wall so many times.

"He's a big Brandon alumni," Provorov said. "We'll see. Maybe I'll see him at the draft

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...o_covet_Russian_defenseman_Ivan_Provorov.html

Last edited by a moderator:

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
Had dream where Flyers drafted Barzal and Devils took Zacha. Provorov fell to the teens.

I had a dream a 400 pound beaver bit my leg and severed an artery. I think my dream is as unlikely as Provorov falling to the teens.:sarcasm:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Huh....no wonder we took Sanheim:

"Sanheim plays for another WHL team, in Calgary, but he is from small-town Elkhorn, Manitoba, and his mother's stepbrother is related to Hextall"

Nepotism again. :sarcasm:

Unreal. Will it never end with this organization????

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Be interesting to see who would play the right side with Provorov, Sanhiem, Morin, & Gostisbehere all are leftys.

I think I remember Morin playing the right side on the Ghost-Morin pairing last preseason. Only preseason, I know. I remember watching video's of Provorov and noticing he wasnt the best suited on his off side. Can Sanhiem play there?

Provorov-Sanheim
Gostisbehere-Morin
Hagg-xxx

If we do take Provorov, I am really hoping Hex starts to slowly bring the kids in. One at a time would be better than all at once.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Be interesting to see who would play the right side with Provorov, Sanhiem, Morin, & Gostisbehere all are leftys.

I think I remember Morin playing the right side on the Ghost-Morin pairing last preseason. Only preseason, I know. I remember watching video's of Provorov and noticing he wasnt the best suited on his off side. Can Sanhiem play there?

Provorov-Sanheim
Gostisbehere-Morin
Hagg-xxx

If we do take Provorov, I am really hoping Hex starts to slowly bring the kids in. One at a time would be better than all at once.

I'm pretty sure Ghost played the right side with Morin.

SchennSational1022*

I have a hard time believing we have Provorov ranked 3rd over Strome/Marner. Id be happy if we pi ked him though obviously, we need a forward so damn bad though.

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT

Provorov-Sanheim
Gostisbehere-Morin
Hagg-xxx

Totally agree but the impatient fan in me really wants to see these kids all playing together asap haha typical Flyers impatient attitude!

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I have a hard time believing we have Provorov ranked 3rd over Strome/Marner. Id be happy if we pi ked him though obviously, we need a forward so damn bad though.

I don't get why you think it's that hard to believe? Hexy has said numerous times he will pick BPA but if the forward and defender have the same potential he will lean forward in that case. If the player we pick at 7 is Provorov and they have him ranked higher than all and feel his potential is sky high, I believe it in a second. We need forwards but this team also needs defense regardless of the potential we have in the others. Defense also takes longer to come along than forwards. We could draft Provorov at 7 and then a forward at 29+61. Next year take another forward and we are sitting pretty with defense and forward prospects then.

Major thing is they have to make these picks hit.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I read we are supposed to grab Brock Boeser at 29.

As a WWE fan, I giggled at Brock because of Brock Lesnar.

Then I saw Boeser's face:

GettyImages-476080204.0.0.0.jpg

Boy I think he's similar looking (in the face) to the Beast Incarnate:

brocklesnarpreufc87.jpg

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

A couple of things:

One if you look at the drafts when Hextall followed Lombardi to LA, they took 4 defensemen in the first two rounds in back to back years after already trading for Jack Johnson: Hickey, Doughty, Teubert, and Voynov. That team needed forwards too but Lombardi and Hextall stacked the defense first and a good thing because a couple of them were busts.

Two, 3 of the Flyers "big 4" defense prospects were drafted before Hextall got here. He might not share the organizations view of these guys a future impact defensemen. He might not be as high on guys like Morin due to his pucks skills or Gostisbehere due his size and doesn't view them as top 3 defensemen. I am not saying that is case, but they weren't really his picks so one shouldn't assume he is in love with these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad