2015 NHL Draft Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I definitely feel like a really outstanding player is going to be available to us wherever we pick first. Let's just hope the Flyers know the top ten players very well and get the BPA

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I definitely feel like a really outstanding player is going to be available to us wherever we pick first. Let's just hope the Flyers know the top ten players very well and get the BPA

me too. really no matter what we do im gonna worry...alot of guys on here want marner if we pick him im going to freak out worrying hes too small and hes not going to be the second coming of giroux...

we pick crouse say and im going to worry hes gonna max out as a ''complimentary winger'' etc...

so im just going to have faith in our scouts...i guess. but this draft is such a big deal. i just hope and pray we can turn that corner and rebuild into a dominant team in the next few years.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
And history shows that the likely one to fall, right or wrong, would be Hanifin no?

I see it as something like this:
1. McDavid BUF
2. Eichel AZ
3. Strome EDM
4. Marner TOR
5.Crouse CAR
6.Hanifin CBJ
7. Barzal PHL

Maybe someone like Meier or Rantanen sneaks into the top 5 over Crouse.

if the Oilers are picking 3rd I really doubt they pass on Hanifin. They need defenseman. not forwards. Especially centers.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
if the Oilers are picking 3rd I really doubt they pass on Hanifin. They need defenseman. not forwards. Especially centers.

I think EDM is scared off taking a defensman that high and grabs a centre for safety instead. Outside of Draistaitl they are thin at centre insofar as prospects are concerned. They have many decent D. I'm not saying Hanifin shouldn't go 3rd i'm saying I don't think he does. In my mind he's the 3rd best in the draft but it's EDM so they are likely to do something different.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
haha. I hope they do. Because I really don't know how I feel about the Flyers picking Crouse at 6-8 or where ever they pick. Not that I don't trust the scouts when it comes to taking first round picks. I do. I just don't have a good feeling about him.

I really don't know enough about him to be angry or excited if we pick him, but I trust our scouts to make the right pick. That said, if we had a top 3 pick and took him I'd be furious.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I have a Craig Berube-like gut feeling (ie, probably way wrong) that the Oilers, picking 3rd, would take Provorov. Dynamic offensively gifted Dman from the WHL. My second guess would be Marner if they were thinking like pinedak posted.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I have a Craig Berube-like gut feeling (ie, probably way wrong) that the Oilers, picking 3rd, would take Provorov. Dynamic offensively gifted Dman from the WHL. My second guess would be Marner if they were thinking like pinedak posted.

That would be a very Oiler thing to do - but I think even the Oilers will pick Hanifin if they go D. I'd guess Marner or Strome if they go forward.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Updated 3-19.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/mock-draft/

I said in the "fix the Flyers" thread they may go something like Zacha and Greenway, but this has us taking Barzal and Greenway. Still, whatever. Go BPA. Would be happy with Barzal and Greenway if those were "the guys."

I can't say no to either choice, but I'd lean towards Werenski or Rantanen over Barzal, and Roy over Greenway. I'd probably go opposite of forward/defense with the 2nd pick (Rantanen - Roy or Werenski - Greenway).

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I know Meier doesn't have all the tools that some guys going ahead of him do but I like the fact that his best attribute is his shot. Flyers need a sniper. I have been a fan of taking Rantanen and he is probably better all around player but he seems like more of a playmaker.

I would be happy getting Meier and Greenway. Two big wingers. One a sniper and the other a banger.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I know Meier doesn't have all the tools that some guys going ahead of him do but I like the fact that his best attribute is his shot. Flyers need a sniper. I have been a fan of taking Rantanen and he is probably better all around player but he seems like more of a playmaker.

I would be happy getting Meier and Greenway. Two big wingers. One a sniper and the other a banger.

dead straight. we need someone who can put the puck in the net. regularly. consistently. we have to get someone who can actually ****ing finish. also happen to love meier. great shot and hits like a bus too. would be so happy if we went that route.... and hes a riser, which i think will help his cause.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I'd be pretty disappointed if it shook out that way. Meier & Greenway do nothing for me.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I'd be pretty disappointed if it shook out that way. Meier & Greenway do nothing for me.

Meier has grown on me. I hate not drafting BPA but this org seems to have plenty of "solid two way players". They lack someone that can finish consistently.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

Crouse gives us both. Hoping for Crouse and Colin White.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Meier does have "being a riser" "shooter" and "being from the Q" on his resume. Not saying the Flyers only draft from the Q. They seem to trust the scouting there, however. They have drafted from other places in the CHL though recently, so, grain of salt it.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Take BPA, looking for speed and skill. I love the "heart and soul" and two way forwards as much as anyone, but this team lacks top end skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad