2015 NHL Draft Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
The thing that bothers me with Zacha is that he seems to cheat a lot in the defensive zone - for a supposed center. If that is because he is too eager to get on the attack or if it is something that the Sarnia coach has told him to do in case of a break away, I don't know. All I know is that it looks like at times he is chasing the play - after having taken a stride in the direction of the O-zone in hopes of a break away.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Here's a great analysis of Zacha, and why he's falling down the rankings. I still think he's top-15 talent (I have him at 11 on my current list), but if you can't see him live, this is going to be the closest to an "eye-test" you'll get:

NKI's Zacha Breakdown

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Here's a great analysis of Zacha, and why he's falling down the rankings. I still think he's top-15 talent (I have him at 11 on my current list), but if you can't see him live, this is going to be the closest to an "eye-test" you'll get:

NKI's Zacha Breakdown

That whole thread is amazing! I just spent an hour reading it and I can highly recommend it to everyone.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
If we are 10 instead of 7-9, i think Timo Meier enters the conversation. He's a strong winger who can finish. Over 40 goals on a crap team. My friends who regularly attend Moosehead games say he is the real deal and not just a product of Ehlers.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Hanifin

Is it really so crazy to think he falls out of the top 5? I don't think he will fall to 10-15 or anything like that but I don't think 7-8 is out of the question. I think he's a steal there but D-man carry a lot of risk and it may be hard to justify over guys like Marner, Strome, Crouse and Co. who are much safer pick by position.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Despite what some say, the top 5 is not a lock now. Its not hard to envision one of Marner, Strome, or Hanifin slipping past 5.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Despite what some say, the top 5 is not a lock now. Its not hard to envision one of Marner, Strome, or Hanifin slipping past 5.

And history shows that the likely one to fall, right or wrong, would be Hanifin no?

I see it as something like this:
1. McDavid BUF
2. Eichel AZ
3. Strome EDM
4. Marner TOR
5.Crouse CAR
6.Hanifin CBJ
7. Barzal PHL

Maybe someone like Meier or Rantanen sneaks into the top 5 over Crouse.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And history shows that the likely one to fall, right or wrong, would be Hanifin no?

1. McDavid BUF
2. Eichel AZ
3. Strome EDM
4. Marner TOR
5.Crouse CAR
6.Hanifin CBJ
7. Barzal PHL

Yeah I could see Hanifin falling a little. If anyone cracks the "top 5" I think its one of the defensemen or Crouse.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

1. McDavid BUF
2. Eichel AZ
3. Strome EDM
4. Marner TOR
5.Crouse CAR
6.Hanifin CBJ
7. Barzal PHL

Don't sleep on Werenski and Provorov. I have a feeling those two get snatched up real fast. I think they will easily go higher than Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. They might even go higher than Marner and/or Crouse.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Don't sleep on Werenski and Provorov. I have a feeling those two get snatched up real fast. I think they will easily go higher than Rantanen, Barzal, and Meier. They might even go higher than Marner and/or Crouse.

I had this thought initially. I figure philly might reach on either of them at 7. Not so sure if you can pass up Marner in that spot though. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4.Hanifin, 5.Provorov, 6.Werenski though. I just would be surprised if he fell into the 6-8 range either. Teams have all kinds of boards and a diferent view of there needs than fans or even scouting services do.

Last edited:

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ

NKI's Zacha Breakdown

That guy's write up's are awesome. Is this the first year he's done this or does he have 2014 and 2013?

Edit he did do 2014...has Sanheim at 17

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
No Crouse please. Draft skill.

yeah, i'll be pretty disappointed if they take him. everything i hear about him is that he projects to be more of a complimentary winger who still has a way to go offensively. that's not to say he will be a bad player, but i'd prefer a guy with more upside. we have more than enough passengers on this team.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Who would be the off the chart pick we tend to make? I come here to learn about prospects but the flyers always seems to pick a "sleeper pick", at least in the later rounds. One would think that's different where we pick first. We would likey have a more traditional guy we wanted or someone would drop and it would be a nice pick. But who is the recent fast riser that people could see us taking with the first pick?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we pick 7th, I take one of Strome, Marner, Hanifin, Werenski, Provorov...whoever passes to us.

Then I target a F with the Tampa pick....unless Roy is there. Would really like to add a RHD.

This really has to be a draft that we cannot mess up. Man I wish we had 5 1st rounders this year...lol.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
If we pick 7th, I take one of Strome, Marner, Hanifin, Werenski, Provorov...whoever passes to us.

Then I target a F with the Tampa pick....unless Roy is there. Would really like to add a RHD.

This really has to be a draft that we cannot mess up. Man I wish we had 5 1st rounders this year...lol.

Agree on all of this. 5 1st round and 5 second round picks. Get it done Hextall!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm pretty happy with getting the extra first for Coburn before he got hurt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad