Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft Prospect Discussion [continued]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
I would like a Strome/Provorov, Strome/Werenski, or a Strome/Rantanen combo

I would personally prefer a Hanifin/ Barzal combo :)

EDIT: You can't go wrong in the top 12 of this years draft. Players at 10/11/12 are gonna be good enough to be top 5 talents on most weak drafts.

Question is are teams willing to part with such picks

Last edited:

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Well a few things.

I don't think Strome is clearly an inferior prospect. Is he less skilled? Yes. Is skill the ONLY factor that decides how good a player is? Obviously no, otherwise Kessel would be a top 5-10 player in the league. Strome is a 6'2 highly skilled centre with very good vision. Those types of players can really control the pace of a game on both the offensive and defensive sides of the puck, and can be more important than superiorly skilled wingers in terms of helping to win championships.

We also might not be in a position to draft a Strome or better calibre centre anytime soon. We've been a bottom 10 team every single year since Sundin left except for one, and we've yet to land a top top centre prospect, so why assume we'll easily get one?

Especially when you factor in that all top 3 picks go to lottery next season. It takes a really really bad season to finish bottom 1-2 in the league, and now even if you do that, you could end up drafting outside of the top 3 picks.

Marner does everything better than Strome. Except for a few things (faceoffs and.....). He plays like a center even on the wing. If Marner is the BPA you take him without a second thought. Leafs will bottom out again next year. If we want to draft a big skilled center Logan Brown will be available. Big 6'5 center who actually has amazing top end speed. A good upcoming two-way game and skill that could very well rival Strome. He goes anywhere from 2-5 IMO. If Marner is the better player I'd rather go Marner and gun for Brown.

They're doing fine because they have a Selke calibre 1C

Something Marner could become ;)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Added 2 players since last ranking.

Top 21, as of May 26, 2015

1-Mcdavid
2-Eichel
3-Strome
4-Hanifan
5-Werenski
6-Marner
7-Kylington
8-Crouse
9-Connor
10-Zacha
11-Barzal
12-Provorov
13-Konecny
14-Merkley
15-Bittner
16-Beauvillier
17-Rantanen
18-Meier
19-Zboril
20-Harkins
21-Chabot

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If we walked out of this draft with:

Our pick, Mcdavid/Strome/Hanifan and w/Nashville pick, Beauvillier/Harkins/Zboril/Chabot

We will have very done well.

Realistically I would hope for Strome and one of Beauvillier or Harkins.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Marner is a winger:

This "he plays center" crap is just unsupportable.

He isn't a center.

I keep hearing the Knights are a 1 line team, that's why they can't play defense.

So this fantasy about having a center playing wing is just crap.

He'll get drafted based on what he has done as a winger. You don't have to introduce wishful thinking for him to be ranked where he is.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
What can some of QMJHL followers tell me about Filip Chlapik, 6'1", also just 17 years old, born on 3th June 1997?

He's in his 1st year in NA, he put up 75 points in 64 games.

When I compare him to Zacha, he is a little bit behind him in development, he was always 1 category lower than Zacha. But he put up much more points in QMJHL than Zacha, which might show that he adapted to NA rink better.

How's his defensive game?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-lottery-connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel/70459464/

"We've never been in a position like this," said Coleman. "Most fans that are rooting against the Sabres have done so behind closed doors, and in silence. With Thursday, the thought is that the 'tankers' at the (First Niagara) Center will be vocal — actively cheering against the Sabres. There's been discussion of 'Where can I get a Coyotes shirt?' and wearing bags over their heads. Some worry fights may occur in the stands with the tankers and non-tanker Sabres fans getting into it."

Here's a good one.

The Amherst Pizza and Ale House in Buffalo is having fun with the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes.

The establishment is selling a special vodka drink honoring McDavid for 4.97 (McDavid wears No. 97 for the Erie Otters) and one saluting Eichel for 4.09 (he wears No. 9).

Here's the catch: According to sales material, "if you order a McDavid drink, you have an 80% chance of getting an Eichel drink, instead."

Now here are a couple loser franchises having fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad