GDT: 2015 NHL Draft Lottery 8 PM EST NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm sorry but I can't agree with that sentiment. Highly touted euros come to the chl every year and puyt up big numbers. Look at provorov this year. If anything zachas lack of production should be a major red flag even if it is his first year when you consider all the hype he had. He was as highly touted as Marner and Strome. Two guys a lot of people consider to be first overall picks had they been born a different year.

provorov been in NA since 2011 tho.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I wonder how Rantanen compares to someone like Barkov? I would love to grab Mikko and have him play here next year.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
TG is really beating the "trade the pick and/or trade a young d-man for a forward" drum. Wonder if he's hearing rumblings. Apparently he thinks only Severson and Santini should be untouchable. Didn't include Larsson for some odd reason.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
in what world is santini untouchable? especially over Larsson. the only reason is that Larsson would bring back more than others but you're just opening up a hole because we don't have an RHD that's as talented as him in the way he plays. Taking him out the equation would decrease the potential of our defense by quite a bit because Severson is the only other one with top potential.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
in what world is santini untouchable? especially over Larsson. the only reason is that Larsson would bring back more than others but you're just opening up a hole because we don't have an RHD that's as talented as him. Taking him out the equation would decrease the potential of our defense by quite a bit.

Yea, there's no way I'm trading Larsson unless it's for a massive overpayment

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yea, there's no way I'm trading Larsson unless it's for a massive overpayment

yea. Santini's intangibles sounds great(which TG alluded to as part of the reason) and all but talent level should be what mainly considered.

hopefully it's just TG's speculation because I don't think the Devils would be the winners in a trade involving Larsson.

TG is saying Larsson is our best trading chip, and I don't disagree.

He would be the one most wanted out of most on this team doesn't mean you trade him.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
TG is saying Larsson is our best trading chip, and I don't disagree.

He may be right but I just can't get behind trading him after we finally salvaged his career and got the cancer away from him. After the kind of hockey I saw Larsson play over the last few months, I'm not dealing him unless you can get an all star caliber forward on return

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
He may be right but I just can't get behind trading him after we finally salvaged his career and got the cancer away from him. After the kind of hockey I saw Larsson play over the last few months, I'm not dealing him unless you an all star caliber forward on return

Like Taylor Hall

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That's kind of the conundrum when it comes to trading one of the kids. Larsson and Severson are probably the ones we'd least like to move, but they'll also probably have the best return. The most "expendable" one is probably Gelinas, but where is his value right now? At best he probably returns a similarly aged forward with some question marks, unless you package him with something else.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
You have to give to get. Landing a top 6 forward thats young with a good contract (depending on the player of course) might be worth something like Larrson. I mean we have Greene Severson Merrill Gelly Santini Jacobs, Hrabarenka and Helgeson. Plus any UFA signee.

Im not saying i would be happy about moving him but for what we need him and Severson might be the ONLY guys that get us what we want/need. However i believe Lou is looking to move our 2nd's and Gelly or Merrill before he moves either of them. Build around Severson and Larrson on D is the right move.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I agree with you have to give to get. I'm just saying trading Larsson would create a big hole on the defense and I doubt the Devils would get the overpayment needed to overcome such a hole so I just don't think it's wise. Only Severson is good enough to be in a top 4 RD role on our defense.

I don't think Lou would explore trading Larsson as a first option so it's good, I think Merrill would be the best option to trade.

Last edited:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I would love to get a hold of Leon Draisaitl from Edmonton now that they continue to hoard talent. They need D and to be tougher. I wonder if something around Merrill and Matteau would be something they would consider?

Draft a RW with the 6th then we might have something going.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I wouldn't go that far. I'd be okay with trading one of them (preferably Gelinas), but not both of them.

Yea only way i trade both is if the Devils believe is Santini coming out and think he can have an impact but thats even a stretch. Only move 1 of them, which ever you can get the most from. Add a pick or another lower end prospect if needed.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
it really is BS they keep winning and wasting the talent they get with the clown show operation they run over there. McDavid will pretty much pay for that new arena himself with the merchandise he'll sell, im sure Katz is laughing himself to sleep tonight.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
These are my preferences on what Devils should do.

1. Draft Strome/Marner if either of them are available come pick 6.
2. Look to trade the pick for an established top 6 forward(s), preferably right wing, if Strome/Marner are both gone
3. If no suitable trade exists, draft Rantanen.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
What do you think about mika zibanejad from Ottawa. Would Merrill + 2 rd be enough? They need a guy to put with either karlsson or Ceci who are both right hand. But I doubt Murray will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad