Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
he isn't very good either.

I was ok with the AMac signing at first (and the trade), but he really has not lived up to either. I think he's going to be very difficult to trade, which isn't the worst thing in the world, because I do think he can play better than he has this season. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I also don't think it is the worst thing if he sticks around.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Don't think a team would do that. I think you could get a team to take one with a late 1st added but you aren't getting a 2nd back. A 4th 5th? Future Considerations? Nothing of any kind of value. Thats a huge albatross.

a cap floor or rebuilding team looking to stock pile picks. MAYBE but i was using hypothetical numbers i agree with you it wouldnt be a 2nd. But again teams kicked the tires on Vinny this summer and though his contract is bad, AMac is a d which are always valued so you truly never know who would come out of the wood work if we offered a late first and a cap dump.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I really fail to see how the cap issues generated by these players is a big issue.

There is NOBODY available that we can sign that will truly fill our gaps (#1d, #1 lw) that will hit the market.

Money/cap is useless if you can't spend it. Only Ed should care, as he signs the checks.

It sucks that Lecav has been not worth 4.5, but who else could we have chased to fill that role? the year after, Stastny and BRichards (CHI is better fit though) maybe? There are no defenseman available for help.

It doesnt have to be a UFA. If we were a playoff team, we could not get a rental player. Next year with a new coach we could be a playoff team and again we could not get a rental to help us if we have the same cap situation.

If we were a playoff team damn right we should have been in on Perron. It didnt make sense this year due to our situation but if it was reversed we couldnt even make a phone call

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Calling my blockbuster trade at the deadline right now!!!

Andrew MacDonald+ B.Schenn+Hagg

For

Ryan O'Reilly +2nd rounder.

Prongo dances in the streets.

Edit: don't ask why the teams do it! They just do. Good for both sides

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
Calling my blockbuster trade at the deadline right now!!!

Andrew MacDonald+ B.Schenn+Hagg

For

Ryan O'Reilly +2nd rounder.

Prongo dances in the streets.

Edit: don't ask why the teams do it! They just do. Good for both sides

If this happens or anything nearly as close. I will buy you a beer :nod:

(RULES) :
1. Has to include Macdaddy.

canada14

Feb 13, 2015
I don't want to see Kimmo leave, but if we're going to move Kimmo to a contender, Anaheim and Tampa are looking for dmen. Hopefully we could package him with Macdonald to dump salary or package him with Coburn and get value back

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
And the Flyers think Craig Berube is a good coach.
IDK about that. If the Flyers were so sure about Berube, he'd have been extended by now. The fact that that hasn't happened means that he's probably in a different position next season. He'll probably be kept in the organization but not behind the bench. The season is lost any way. Hextall has virtually admitted that. Why fire the guy if you don't have his replacement lined up at the moment?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dreger says on NBCSN

Bruins might change their whole front office if they fail to miss the playoffs. Man that would be completely stupid. Two of the better hockey minds in the NHL behind the bench and in the front office

On the Flyers:

Have assets we can move. Cap issues. Perfect world a team could take Vinny, seems like a stretch. If the Flyers are not a playoff team, we could talk to teams about Kimmo.

Didn't say much about us really. Now talking about the leafs. Leafs are "ripping the roster apart" and no untouchables. Reilly the closest but nobody is safe.

SchennSational1022*

Dreger says on NBCSN

Bruins might change their whole front office if they fail to miss the playoffs. Man that would be completely stupid. Two of the better hockey minds in the NHL behind the bench and in the front office

On the Flyers:

Have assets we can move. Cap issues. Perfect world a team could take Vinny, seems like a stretch. If the Flyers are not a playoff team, we could talk to teams about Kimmo.

Didn't say much about us really. Now talking about the leafs. Leafs are "ripping the roster apart" and no untouchables. Reilly the closest but nobody is safe.

Not really. There roster is kind of old, have no good prospects really besides Pastrnak, and the Seguin trade alone is a fireable offense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad