Speculation: 2015 NHL Deadline Rumor Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Other is maxed out.

Kane is available. With how close a deal was in the summer for him here it wouldn't surprise me if we are heavily involved again. He is the perfect type of player for the top line with Giroux and Voracek.

I am all for it then.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Go get him Hexy.

Any ideas on who we could move for him? I wouldn't hesitate to move Morin but that's just me.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Imagine how HF would react to a MacDonald for Kane trade.

Well, I'd do something like that. It would never happen though.

I'm in the boat that thinks our media would do their best to run Kane out of town, and that our fans would eventually give up on him as well. Just look at how Carter is perceived. People still think he was lazy, and poor defensively until he got traded to LA and "woke up."

I wouldn't want to give up on Schenn or any of our young players/prospects to acquire him. If he can't handle Winnipeg, I doubt he could handle it here.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Coburn and Read for Kane would be what I'd offer. They need defense and a middle six winger (so I've read).

Kane -- Giroux -- Voracek
Schenn -- Couturier -- Simmonds

Thumbs up from this guy.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Go get him Hexy.

Any ideas on who we could move for him? I wouldn't hesitate to move Morin but that's just me.

Whattttt?????

How would you move Morin for him? Do you not like his potential?

I for one, am not one that compares him to Coburn, I think there is more offense to his pro game.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Whattttt?????

How would you move Morin for him? Do you not like his potential?

I for one, am not one that compares him to Coburn, I think there is more offense to his pro game.
Yeah not really sold on him but I could be completely wrong. Also I'm assuming Winnipeg would laugh at Coburn + Read offer.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Obviously everyone knows we need defense but that is extremely hard to come by and nobody is moving top young talent. We have to wait around for our prospects to continue to develop for us to have a legit chance at a #1.

What we do need though is more speed and talent in the top 9. One more top 9 forward would also help move Umberger to the 4th line to create a balanced top 9.

What if it was a straight Coburn(struggling+injured) for Kane(struggling+injury issues) Both teams would be sort of selling low but get a reasonable player in return. We need to clear space to in any trade for him.

Kane-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couts-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read

That top 9 is way better than what we ice now.

I will say this, I think when kane is traded the Jet fans will not be happy about the return. They have asked for the moon before and still now. I don't think a GM is making that sort of move for a player like him.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Obviously everyone knows we need defense but that is extremely hard to come by and nobody is moving top young talent. We have to wait around for our prospects to continue to develop for us to have a legit chance at a #1.

What we do need though is more speed and talent in the top 9. One more top 9 forward would also help move Umberger to the 4th line to create a balanced top 9.

What if it was a straight Coburn(struggling+injured) for Kane(struggling+injury issues) Both teams would be sort of selling low but get a reasonable player in return. We need to clear space to in any trade for him.

Kane-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couts-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read

That top 9 is way better than what we ice now.

I will say this, I think when kane is traded the Jet fans will not be happy about the return. They have asked for the moon before and still now. I don't think a GM is making that sort of move for a player like him.

He may not work with Giroux and Voracek at all. Having 3 star players on a top line is really becoming a thing of the past - possibly because of salary cap restraints, but also generally because (I think) it's hard for 3 players that need the puck to be good to find chemistry together. You see it more and more, where teams put together a good duo, and then have either a revolving door of players, or just somebody that compliments them well.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
I am all for it then.

Interesting article dispelling a trade: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...kane-too-valuable-for-jets-to-give-up-on.html

IMO, Jets dont have an immediate need for defencemen or centers so it appears likely they would need a winger to replace Kane. It seems like they are deficient in RW position.

I would do it for Read + Cousins(who is on a hot streak now) + 2nd round draft pick... not sure if the Jets would bite on that offer, but that's what I'd put on the table if I were GM.
That deal would put us close to the cap.

I'm assuming we are also going to try to move out a defenceman or two for picks by trade deadline since we arent making the playoffs, and with Morin and Ghost penciled into the lineup for next season.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not opposed to looking at Kane in the offseason if we can clear out some cap space. Right now it doesn't make sense, especially since he's playing thru an injury.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I'm not opposed to looking at Kane in the offseason if we can clear out some cap space. Right now it doesn't make sense, especially since he's playing thru an injury.

trade for him when the price is low

let him get surgery

get a high draft pick

draft an awesome NHL-ready player

kane is healthy next year

we dominate

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Interesting article dispelling a trade: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...kane-too-valuable-for-jets-to-give-up-on.html

Jets dont have an immediate need for defencemen or centers so it appears likely they would need a winger to replace Kane. It seems like they are deficient in RW position.
I would do it for Read + Cousins(who is on a hot streak now) + 2nd round draft pick... not sure if the Jets would bite on that offer, but that's what I'd put on the table if I were GM.

That article was from a year ago...

Like everything in the NHL, players availability is fluid. He certainly is available according to many sources now throughout the NHL.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Jets fans are resembling Flyer fans when the news broke Richards and Carter could be available. We were in denial.... hard.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
That article was from a year ago...

Like everything in the NHL, players availability is fluid. He certainly is available according to many sources now throughout the NHL.

I hear you. I posted that link to demonstrate that this drama has been playing out for a while, and yet he's still there.

What did you think about my offer?
I was hoping we would have snagged Perron when he was available. I would have given up a first rounder for him too.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I am absolutely okay with a kane trade involved Coburn and even possibly another peice. We speculate Coburn for a late first. Now if we could get Coburn for a NHL ready player at only 23...I think that is a better value than a late 1st.

Now, i would also add if need be, a prospect (not one we have high hopes on, ie morin, sanheim, ghost, hagg) or even Read because Kane can do a lot Read can and is younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad