OT: 2015 NFL Football Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Bears had 9 possessions yesterday and punted 9 times. They had 5 3 and outs....LULZ.

I'm rooting so hard for Arizona to win it all

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why ON EARTH did the Steelers not cut Scobee after his foibles the first two weeks of the season?!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Why ON EARTH did the Steelers not cut Scobee after his foibles the first two weeks of the season?!

Nantz and Simms mentioned that they brought in two other kickers to challenge Scobee but the both got hurt. Plus they gave up a draft pick for him.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Loss wasn't all on Scobee. Steelers were coddling Vick too much and never gave him the chance to make big plays down field (he has the arm to do it). Wayyy too conservative.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
thursday night football blows and is going to turn way too many good divisional games into idiotball this year

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Nantz and Simms mentioned that they brought in two other kickers to challenge Scobee but the both got hurt. Plus they gave up a draft pick for him.

That play call on 4th and 2 was mind boggling.

Tomlin blew that game just as badly as Scobee did.

As a long time Steeler fan watching every game, Scobee is the worst kicker this team has ever had. Half the reason they are going for 2 after every TD is because they have no confidence in him kicking the PATs and he has already missed one. It's not an exaggeration to say just about every field goal he has made this season has either hit the upright or just missed it.

They should've tried another field goal attempt the last time because they were only going to lose if they didn't convert but as an NFL kicker you have to make AT LEAST of those 40 yard field goals. I blame the loss on Scobee.

As for Vick, I don't want him getting the keys to the offense because he's going to turn the ball over like crazy and any Jets fan will probably tell you this. Just let him manage the game and let the weapons he has make plays. The defense has been playing way above most people's expectations, our front seven is going to be creating havoc for a long time with all the young DL and Linebackers. IF they can steal 1 or 2 wins until Roethlisberger comes back , they will be in good shape.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
As a long time Steeler fan watching every game, Scobee is the worst kicker this team has ever had. Half the reason they are going for 2 after every TD is because they have no confidence in him kicking the PATs and he has already missed one. It's not an exaggeration to say just about every field goal he has made this season has either hit the upright or just missed it.

They should've tried another field goal attempt the last time because they were only going to lose if they didn't convert but as an NFL kicker you have to make AT LEAST of those 40 yard field goals. I blame the loss on Scobee.

As for Vick, I don't want him getting the keys to the offense because he's going to turn the ball over like crazy and any Jets fan will probably tell you this. Just let him manage the game and let the weapons he has make plays. The defense has been playing way above most people's expectations, our front seven is going to be creating havoc for a long time with all the young DL and Linebackers. IF they can steal 1 or 2 wins until Roethlisberger comes back , they will be in good shape.

The defense, which is a sieve at crunch time, doesn't get an ounce of blame?

What drives me crazy is that if the kicker makes a kick, he's just doing his job, but if he misses, he's just an idiot kicker. I just want to hear one kicker come out and say, "You know, the team and fans will blame me for a loss, but the defense couldn't stop a college team."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What drives me crazy is that if the kicker makes a kick, he's just doing his job, but if he misses, he's just an idiot kicker. I just want to hear one kicker come out and say, "You know, the team and fans will blame me for a loss, but the defense couldn't stop a college team."

lol they can't do that cause 99.9% of kickers are expendable. It's even bad form when a QB does it (criticize the defense after throwing a bad INT).

The closest I ever remember to a kicker getting mouthy was when Vanderjagt ripped Peyton and Dungy for not being emotional enough to win in the playoffs then Peyton had a memorable retort at the Pro Bowl calling him a idiot kicker.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This Eagles team CONTINUES to be a complete embarrassment.

They've played 2 quarters of good football this season out of 14 quarters, should be 0-3 rather than 1-2 (Jets "out stupid'ed them"), and looked worse than incompetent in that 1st half.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Come on now Giants, don't blow ANOTHER double-digit fourth-quarter lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad