Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
From now on I feel it´s

Valiev
Bibeau
Soshnikov (wildcard who I´ve never watched play, but stats)
Leivo
Toninato
Finn
Hyman
Carrick
Granberg
CV
Joshua
2015 draftees (for now, with limited viewings)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Did he really provide a ranking of his personal top 10?? Somehow I missed that. :)

My sense of our goalies is that all three are decent prospects and that they're all kind of at a similar level.

Yes, Morrison in the Hockey News Future watch edition last April.

However the scouts polled by the issue had a different opinion of the Leafs prospects rankings.

Using a panel of NHL scouts, The Hockey News ranks the Maple Leafs prospects 29th out of 30 teams.

The Hockey News ranks Toronto's top 10 prospects as: (March 2014)

1. Frederik Gauthier
2. Matthew Finn
3. Andreas Johnson
4. Connor Brown
5. Petter Granberg
6. Andrew MacWilliam
7. Greg McKegg
8. Josh Leivo
9. Tyler Biggs
10. Stuart Percy

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/03/maple-leafs-prospects-low-in-rankings.html

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Yes, Morrison in the Hockey News Future watch edition last April.

However the scouts polled by the issue had a different opinion of the Leafs prospects rankings.

Using a panel of NHL scouts, The Hockey News ranks the Maple Leafs prospects 29th out of 30 teams.

The Hockey News ranks Toronto's top 10 prospects as: (March 2014)

1. Frederik Gauthier
2. Matthew Finn
3. Andreas Johnson
4. Connor Brown
5. Petter Granberg
6. Andrew MacWilliam
7. Greg McKegg
8. Josh Leivo
9. Tyler Biggs
10. Stuart Percy

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2014/03/maple-leafs-prospects-low-in-rankings.html

I don't give much credence to how the THN ranks prospects, even if they are surveying scouts. I think I'd need to understand their methodology, because the process sounds iffy to me. But anyway, that list is interesting but very outdated, as two drafts have passed since.

At the end of the day I don't really give much credence to anyone's ranking (most definitely including our collective ranking here on HF).

The only ranking I believe in is the "wait-and-see" ranking. Let's wait and see what these kids do with their careers. :laugh:

Right now I feel we've got a couple of blue chippers followed by a pretty big group of players who have legitimate NHL potential, so I'm pretty happy with that. It's rare (in the real world) to have such a good group. But even that doesn't guarantee the real results we need to see.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Just gonna keep voting Timashov until he gets picked. The guy had 90 points last year :popcorn:

Keep up the good work, soldier. :laugh:

Of course, if this were a poll about who got the most points last year, Timashov would have been a top choice for sure. :)

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I think this is the first poll the Finnster has hit double digits. At this rate he might be top 20

maketrades

May 30, 2014
Keep up the good work, soldier. :laugh:

Of course, if this were a poll about who got the most points last year, Timashov would have been a top choice for sure. :)

Oh did I forget to mention that he's supremely talented?

I mean we're comparing mediocre prospects here. Leivo or Valiev have just never done anything as impressive as Timashov to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad