Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Joshua Leivo. I hope he can bounce back and play like in 2013/14. Valiev, Bibeau and Carrick are next.
Add Nilsson.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Going with Antoine Bibeau here because i feel like out of the names on the voting block, he has the highest potential for impact at the NHL level. He has the pure stuff to be a true #1 goalie in the NHL, he simply lacks the consistency and/or polish to be there yet. He may never even make the NHL, but the potential is there.

mikebel111*

Nikita Korostelev here

big time skill set

I have Finn in my top 15, likely #14, and I agree to an extent Cor, Finn is getting underrated here. oh well whatever, he has been a late bloomer so he seems always underrated, motivated kid that wants to improve

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Been voting for Leivo since 9. I dunno what has caused public opinion in him to drop so much but this kid is a lock to be a middle 6 NHL winger IMO. I see Brandon Saad lite in Leivo.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Seriously though... what do people see in Leivo?

For me, the draw is the combination of everything.

He's got the size, shot, physicality, decent speed and decent 200 foot game.

The problem is, he isn't elite in any of those areas to put him in the top 10.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Dominic Toniniato!! How has he not gotten some respect yet? Honestly he has shot up the rankings in my eyes. It's sad because I wanna see him in a leafs jersey but I know he is one that will slip away and get an opportunity at another organization because of the prospect depth we now have.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Lol, what do people see in Josh Leivo? Really? Um, how about that he's pretty good?

Have you guys actually watched him play? The only thing keeping him out of the NHL is consistency, which has always been his major flaw.

NHL size? Check
NHL speed? Check
NHL skating? Check
Good stick handler? Great actually
Good shot? Great actually
Physical? Yes, but not consistently
Goes to the corners? Check
Cycles? One of his strengths

Don't people realize that the whole Marlies team couldn't put the puck in the net before Nylander came? Then when he did it wasn't Leivo who got to play with him. Look at Spencer Abbott's production last year compared to the year prior and compared to after he was dealt to Rockford.

I'm not a big Leivo fan boy, but objectively he is a great prospect and still is. Consistency is extremely important so it's not like I'm brushing that under the rug. But if he played a full season with the Leafs and was allowed to go through the ups and downs I wouldn't be surprised if he potted 15 goals.

Sheesh. How some of you forget so quickly I'll never understand...

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Zach Hyman.

23 years old.

6'1" , 205 lbs.

54 points (22 goals) in 37 games playing for U. Michigan

Great IQ

Not a liability defensively.

Top 6 Potential

UNDERRATED.

Or riding the coat tails of the HF no.1 NHL prospect Dylan Larkin?

"As a freshman with Michigan, Larkin finished second in scoring with 47 points in 35 games, elevating the play of those around him, specifically former Florida Panthers prospect Zach Hyman, who saw his point total rise from 17 to 54 from his junior to senior season."

He would have to have made a very drastic improvement from his junior to senior year to even make top 6 on Marlies.

I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Timashov needs to be voted in very soon... Guy is straight up skilled and deserves to be top 15.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Been voting for Leivo since 9. I dunno what has caused public opinion in him to drop so much but this kid is a lock to be a middle 6 NHL winger IMO. I see Brandon Saad lite in Leivo.

Lets not compare Leivo to Saad. They are MILES apart.

I hope Leivo pans out, but I just don't see it right now. I hope I'm wrong.

Timashov needs to be voted in very soon... Guy is straight up skilled and deserves to be top 15.

He is very skilled but IMO Dzierkals should be picked first. I trust management. Shanny said they chose that pick to get him because others were talking about picking him.

It's very hard to separate Dzierkals, Timashov and Korostelev. Difficult to say why Timashov and Korostelev dropped, but Dzierkals proved in the MHL and U18 that he has a great skill set.

I'd have them all pretty close together.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Froese is not a prospect.

Why not? He is 24, born in 1991. Other prospects he's only a little older than other prospects that include Granberg who was born in 1992, Hyman in 1992, Carrick in 1992, Gibson in 1992, Bailey born in 1991.

Yes he's getting up there in age, but at this point I have more hope for someone like him than someone like Frattin to become a serviceable NHL player for a few seasons.

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
Hymen isn't very good from what little I've seen.

Sam Carrick isn't getting much love around here, but he's going to be a solid pro.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Lol, what do people see in Josh Leivo? Really? Um, how about that he's pretty good?

Have you guys actually watched him play? The only thing keeping him out of the NHL is consistency, which has always been his major flaw.

NHL size? Check
NHL speed? Check
NHL skating? Check
Good stick handler? Great actually
Good shot? Great actually
Physical? Yes, but not consistently
Goes to the corners? Check
Cycles? One of his strengths

Don't people realize that the whole Marlies team couldn't put the puck in the net before Nylander came? Then when he did it wasn't Leivo who got to play with him. Look at Spencer Abbott's production last year compared to the year prior and compared to after he was dealt to Rockford.

I'm not a big Leivo fan boy, but objectively he is a great prospect and still is. Consistency is extremely important so it's not like I'm brushing that under the rug. But if he played a full season with the Leafs and was allowed to go through the ups and downs I wouldn't be surprised if he potted 15 goals.

Sheesh. How some of you forget so quickly I'll never understand...

Amen. Basically echoed what I said.

I think he would have had another huge campaign if it wasn't for the injury.

He showed up in the playoffs in consecutive years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia