Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%

Dymtro Timashov
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Antoine Bibeau
Matt Finn
Martin Dzierkals
Dominic Toninato
Carter Verhaeghe
Scott Harrington
Nikita Korostelev
Rinat Valiev
Victor Loov
Petter Granberg
Nikita Soshnikov
Josh Leivo

Garret Sparks
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Casey Bailey
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Tony Cameranesi
Dakota Joshua
Sam Carrick
Ryan Rupert
Tom Nilsson
Cody Donaghey
Stephan Desrocher
Andrew Nielson
Jesper Lindgren
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10

Suggest who I should add next :D

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
its harrington ainec. I mean the order from 5-11 is all on opinion imo. They are close to eachother in terms of impact and potential. While some may have higher potential, they have a harder time reaching it and playing in the nhl, so i think it cancels it out. Id even put loov and valiev in the same tier, these are some really nice dmen prospects who can become 4-6 dmen for us. Also leivo should be here as well, he is underrated and is a really nice player, he should be on the leafs next year but we might not have space for him.

NotSince67*

Ummm, why so much love for Valiev? He's beein ranked by polling results about Loov and Harrington? He's never played a pro game, not exactly a standout prospect, and I'm comfortable saying most here haven't really watched him anyways....

Sorry, two pro games.

NotSince67*

IMO so far this list should have gone:

Nylander, Marner, Kapinen, Leipsic, Brown, Loov, Harrington, Gauthier, Carrick, Leivo, Percy

There is simply no Loov for being close to the NHL, lots of love for putting up big numbers in leagues hard to quantify success moving to NA pro (Valiev, Johnsson, Bracco, Dermott)

NotSince67*

its harrington ainec. I mean the order from 5-11 is all on opinion imo. They are close to eachother in terms of impact and potential. While some may have higher potential, they have a harder time reaching it and playing in the nhl, so i think it cancels it out. Id even put loov and valiev in the same tier, these are some really nice dmen prospects who can become 4-6 dmen for us. Also leivo should be here as well, he is underrated and is a really nice player, he should be on the leafs next year but we might not have space for him.

Loov and Harrington are close but I've seen plenty of one and not much of the other. But they're pretty much interchangable, IMO.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
It's probably Harrington, but I voted Bibeau because I think he's a good prospect and he should be in the mix about here. I feel he has shown a lot of promise so far and he could be an important part of the Marlies next year.

I'd add Nielsen next - I think he's the highest draft pick not yet in the poll.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Ummm, why so much love for Valiev? He's beein ranked by polling results about Loov and Harrington? He's never played a pro game, not exactly a standout prospect, and I'm comfortable saying most here haven't really watched him anyways....

Sorry, two pro games.

Yea Harrington and Loov are ahead of him for sure.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
It's probably Harrington, but I voted Bibeau because I think he's a good prospect and he should be in the mix about here. I feel he has shown a lot of promise so far and he could be an important part of the Marlies next year.

I'd add Nielsen next - I think he's the highest draft pick not yet in the poll.

We really need to add Lindgren. HUGE upside.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS

Nylander, Marner, Kapinen, Leipsic, Brown, Loov, Harrington, Gauthier, Carrick, Leivo, Percy

There is simply no Loov for being close to the NHL, lots of love for putting up big numbers in leagues hard to quantify success moving to NA pro (Valiev, Johnsson, Bracco, Dermott)

flip leivo and percy at the end and this would be my list as well. I find a lot of people go by where a guy was drafted rather than watching him play. From listening to a lot of Dubas interviews you can tell the leafs brass think quite highly of loov. They always mention him in a group of 6-8 key prospects for the future. Loov actually has a higher ceiling than percy imo.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The fact that basically everyone still left on the docket has me excited to vote, means we are in way better shape than normal.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Being close to the NHL doesn't give a prospect much value if they're just going to be a bottom pair/bottom line guy. We've shown that we can consistently fill bottom line and bottom pairing with free agents, so all the prospect offer is meager (<500k) cap savings for a couple of years.

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013
Crazy how Franson and Santorelli as UFA rentals returned our 8th, 9th and 10th best prospects lol

How did those 2 as UFA's in the end get us almost as much as Kessel? :laugh:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Our prospect pool has taken HUGE steps forwards in the past two years

I can't believe we have a prospect better than Nylander

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Crazy how Franson and Santorelli as UFA rentals returned our 8th, 9th and 10th best prospects lol

How did those 2 as UFA's in the end get us almost as much as Kessel? :laugh:

I would say, but I'll refrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad