OT: 2015 Hockey East Playoffs

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
One and done. Semis on Friday. Championship on Saturday.

Semis are a great take. Two games in one night. Cheap $. I'll be at the Garden wearing UVM sweater.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One and done. Semis on Friday. Championship on Saturday.

Semis are a great take. Two games in one night. Cheap $. I'll be at the Garden wearing UVM sweater.

yeah Hockey east semifinal night is absolutely one of the best sports nights on the calenday every year, especially factoring the cost.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
yeah Hockey east semifinal night is absolutely one of the best sports nights on the calenday every year, especially factoring the cost.

Should be a fantastic atmosphere on Friday as the Vermont, UNH, Lowell and BU fans all travel well.

IF BU doesn't win at the Garden it will put BC or Providence in serious jeopardy of not making the NCAA's.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Looks like NBC sports will be covering the two semi-final games and the championship, so I thankfully won't have to shell out for Hockey East's streaming service

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Just checked Stub Hub for FROZEN FOUR Championship tix. Whoa man big $$$$ just for BALC seats!!!! Guess I will just enjoy the East games and save my dough for Bs playoffs.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Should be a fantastic atmosphere on Friday as the Vermont, UNH, Lowell and BU fans all travel well.

IF BU doesn't win at the Garden it will put BC or Providence in serious jeopardy of not making the NCAA's.

More so Providence. BC is most likely in barring other conference tourney upsets:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-predictor/

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwp-results/

One thing to like about college hockey is there is no selection committee to determine who makes the tourney. it's all math.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One thing to like about college hockey is there is no selection committee to determine who makes the tourney. it's all math.

The 'selection' committee however decides the regional match ups. North Dakota is a lock to play at home. IF UNH or Providence get in they would play in Manchester or Providence. BU could go to either east regional site. If Lowell gets in they would most likely go to Manchester.

BC most likely will be punished and sent to either North Dakota or South Bend. Providence won't be punished as they are hosting the regional at The Dunk.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
One correction. Brown is the host in providence, not pc. So while they would like to put pc at the dunk it's not guaranteed like north dakota playing in fargo or unh in manchester.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So if providence misses and BU wins hockey east, committee will definitely try to keep BC east but too many games left to figure that out right now.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One correction. Brown is the host in providence, not pc. So while they would like to put pc at the dunk it's not guaranteed like north dakota playing in fargo or unh in manchester.

My mistake, I thought Brown and Providence were co-hosts.

Looking at the official Frozen Four website and have to snicker that the pic they have for TD Garden is actually the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia :shakehead

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/icehockey-men/d1

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
I've decided that if UVM beats LOWELL on Friday night I'm gonna grab tix for the Championship game on Saturday. Anyone have a bead on tix or hace extras for that game?? Looking for 2 possibly 3 seats anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad