OT: 2015 Hockey East Playoffs

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Eichel is so damn good. Just made it 3-1 BU in the 3rd, 4 minutes left right now

My group was so looking forward to seeing Eichel live in action on a big stage last night. But, we all left the game thinking ""there was no wow factor in this kids game!"

Yes the stat sheet says 2 goals. But, both were garbage goals. He had a handful of turnovers leading to fast breaks. And, at times, LOOKED to be less than aggressive.

I'm not hating on the kid. He will surely be a good pro and is going to win the Hobey Baker most likely. Just that, in a vacuum, he did not look like a man amongst boys or to be all that special last night.
Tonight he probably will notch the game winner and a few assists and look like like Super Man :)

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
My group was so looking forward to seeing Eichel live in action on a big stage last night. But, we all left the game thinking ""there was no wow factor in this kids game!"

Yes the stat sheet says 2 goals. But, both were garbage goals. He had a handful of turnovers leading to fast breaks. And, at times, LOOKED to be less than aggressive.

I'm not hating on the kid. He will surely be a good pro and is going to win the Hobey Baker most likely. Just that, in a vacuum, he did not look like a man amongst boys or to be all that special last night.
Tonight he probably will notch the game winner and a few assists and look like like Super Man :)

I've seen a couple bu games on tv and thought the same thing. However you look up and he has a goal and 2 assists. That's why he's compared to getzlaf I think. I've watched ducks games and felt the same way about getzlaf. "He's not THAT good." Oh wait he assisted on 3 goals.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA

Don't forget that in the NCAA's, Eichel is more of a boy amongst men. He is only 18 playing in a league of mostly 20+ yr olds.

I think the World Juniors was a lot more applicable for him to be judged against his peers, and he looked a lot more dominant there than McDavid was.

Still hope he loses, but for an 18 year old in the NCAA's, I think he looks about as good as anyone ever has.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

I get where you are coming from, but the NCAA is already men vs. men. So Eichel really isn't much of a "boy", in this instance.

As a BU student though, I'm biased :nod:

OutspokenMinority*

if you felt the same way after last night, i'm not sure what you were expecting. in fact, that one rush he made the other night was already head and shoulders above most.

explosive speed, brilliant hands, great vision, understands the game already. the gold standard for college hockey is really Kariya, and Eichel might actually be better.

the fact that both of his goals didn't go exactly where he intended really means nothing.

now all of that said, i wouldn't want to be the team to draft him #1. i saw some real lazy/diva stuff that i didn't expect. as a freshman who has most likely dominated every level he's ever played at, who gets to the highest level of college hockey and dominates, it's probably inevitable. unless you're patrice bergeron, the head begins to swell. Eichel floats like the cherry pickers back in the day. Stick up in the air, saving energy to be able to take ridiculously long shifts, etc.

i expect him to be very Seguin-esque on a whole lot of bad teams. i do not expect Eichel to be a centerpiece of a Stanley Cup contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00