GDT: 2015 Draft Lottery – Apr 18, 8PM ET – TV: NBC, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bps21*

You can add the League office personnel to your list. How the hell are they going to market the next Hockey great superstar to the USA when he'll be playing in Edmonton? :shakehead

They deserve it. Their lottery is stupid and something stupid happened. I find it hilarious and easily the second best result to us winning

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Using vcv's simulator, fourth ball odds (5-14-6-#) were: BUF 27.3%, EDM 18.2%, TOR 36.4%, CAR 9.1%, CBJ 9.1%

Better not let Connor see that, probably his two favorite choices had the best odds going into the last ball, makes it even worse for him.

He'll end up fine but sure he's not too happy right now.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Truth be told Edmonton is going to be good. I was never high on RNH but man did he make me a believer this season.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
I like to think that this was GMTM's reaction after the lottery

bLxrToqfjThYs.gif

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Funny part is.... It's said NHL Draft Lottery was changed because of Edmonton ...

And they wind up winning again.. lol

Tuth is...the whole lottery process is dumb. Should be no lottery. You wind up with luck determining ****** results.

They need to end the lottery.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Funny part is.... It's said NHL Draft Lottery was changed because of Edmonton ...

Tuth is...the whole lottery process is dumb. Should be no lottery. You wind up with luck determining ****** results.

CC6qYIjUEAAZzoG.jpg

:facepalm:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
You can add the League office personnel to your list. How the hell are they going to market the next Hockey great superstar to the USA when he'll be playing in Edmonton? :shakehead

Also NBC, for the same reason.

Or add a rule that says a team can only pick first overall X times over a Y year span.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

The old system they had was completely fine. 50%. Team can move up 5 spots. Hell even take that down to 30% and it's perfect. If you finish last you have your 30% + the % of the teams that can't slide up far enough to get #1.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The old system they had was completely fine. 50%. Team can move up 5 spots. Hell even take that down to 30% and it's perfect. If you finish last you have your 30% + the % of the teams that can't slide up far enough to get #1.

Agree.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Could easily have an impact on their next TV rights deal as I'm sure you're alluding to.

Wouldn't it be great if the NHL gave up on selling the game to everyone who doesn't want to buy it altogether?

They could then return it to the glory it used to be, for those who actually like hockey.

I personally think it's great that McDavid will be playing in front of real hockey fans who know what icing is.

The poor kid could have ended up in, God forbid, freaking Phoenix, AZ for Christ's sake.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Wouldn't it be great if the NHL gave up on selling the game to everyone who doesn't want to buy it altogether?

They could then return it to the glory it used to be, for those who actually like hockey.

I personally think it's great that McDavid will be playing in front of real hockey fans who know what icing is.

The poor kid could have ended up in, God forbid, freaking Phoenix, AZ for Christ's sake.

The whole idea is to grow the game's audience and imprint in non traditional markets, not give it a boost where none is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad