Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Capture_d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran_2015-03-29_%C3%A0_20.37_.35_1.png

cp_nhl_draft_lottery_chances.png

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
T-minus 36 hours until us fans have the answer to which prospect center the Buffalo Sabres will draft in June's draft – Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel. Sometime today, a chart with the assigned four-digit combinations will be published on NHL.com ahead of Saturday's draw. Again, the Sabres' 30th-place finish ensured the best chance – 200 combinations or 20% odds – at winning the lottery and the envious position of drafting McDavid first overall. However, the odds suggest that they're more likely to draft Eichel second overall if any other team wins the lottery – 800 combinations or 80% odds.

GM Tim Murray will be the team's on-air representative in Toronto at the unveiling, while President Ted Black will be the sequestered rep at the draw. Three 2015 eligibles – Connor McDavid, Noah Hanifin, and Dylan Strome – will also be in Toronto. Jack Eichel had a prior family commitment and will not be in attendance.

With all that laid out... one last time, what's your gut say, will we catch some luck?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Last edited:

Bps21*

Arizona wins the lottery as many predicted before the season began.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I wanted a boy for our first child so no boy thoughts were even permitted. Got the room prep'd for a girl, spent the months conjuring up the perfect name for her, convinced myself it would be a girl. And presto - it came out a boy. The downside was that I had to redo the room and we didn't know what to name it, but got the boy.

So, I really want Eichel. Badly. Who the heck is the other guy anyway? :D

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I wanted a boy for our first child so no boy thoughts were even permitted. Got the room prep'd for a girl, spent the months conjuring up the perfect name for her, convinced myself it would be a girl. And presto - it came out a boy. The downside was that I had to redo the room and we didn't know what to name it, but got the boy.

So, I really want Eichel. Badly. Who the heck is the other guy anyway? :D

So you've already got an Eichel jersey and autographed portraits right? That's how this works.

SeanDog

Feb 1, 2010
I don't even know how I'll feel if we win the lottery. I've been hyping up Eichel in my mind the past month and I'll almost feel bad if he goes to Arizona.. I think I'll get over it though.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Meh. We are guaranteed one of McEichel. Considering it's Buffalo, I'm going into this fully expecting to get the 2nd pick. Wouldn't mind if C-bus or Arizona won. Just not Edmonton, the Leafs, Canes, or Boston. They can all toil in misery.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I sub Toronto for Edmonton and agree.

The thought of mcdavid vs eichel for the next 15 years is very tempting

I dont mind Edmonton winning(or a western team) because I would not feel so jealous if McDavid burried there.

If Toronto wins I will have to hear about it for the next 20 years(coming from Niagara Falls, ON and I hate leaf fans).

Carolina could use the help with the fan base but **** them, they beat us out. Florida could also use the help and would be ok to see hockey succeed there.

Last edited:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I sub Toronto for Edmonton and agree.

The thought of mcdavid vs eichel for the next 15 years is very tempting

:facepalm: I can't believe some people still hold this view. **** the leafs. That organization is a complete embarrassment, theres no way they should be gifted perhaps the most highly touted prospect ever. The worst part is, a ton of leafs fans expect to win the lottery, as if its a forgone conclusion. And if they do, they will never shut up about it. I don't see how McDavid torturing us for 20 years and potentially beating us out of playoff series is tempting. If he's not on our team get him the hell out of our division.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I dont mind Edmonton winning(or a western team) because I would not feel so jealous of McDavid burried there.

If Toronto wins I will have to hear about it for the next 20 years(coming from Niagara Falls, ON and I hate leaf fans).

Carolina could use the help with the fan base but **** them, they beat us out. Florida could also use the help and would be ok to see hockey succeed there.

Agreed. No fans are more annoying than leafs fans. I still always get the argument "yeah sabres such they've never won a cup" Even when I counter with "the leafs last cup was before the sabres existed, when there were 6 teams in the league. They basically won a division" but still they say "doesn't matter we've won cups." And every hot start to the season, like this year, has them planning the parade in October. I cant imagine them getting gifted McDavid, and having them beat us for 20 years. In addition to that, the way McDavid carries himself and his character, he's just a guy you want to cheer for, a guy who you want to be successful. I really don't want to have to hate him because he wears the blue and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad