GDT: 2015 Draft Lottery – Apr 18, 8PM ET – TV: NBC, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I'm happy about Eichel, but I can't help but feel a little devastated right now. I had a good feeling about it, then I got super excited when Toronto was passed so it was down to the final 3. Then seeing McDavid's reaction after the announcement, the kid did not want to go to Edmonton. Bad for him, bad for us, bad for the league, just bad all around. The NHL really has no one to blame but themselves for this. I really hope he pulls a Lindros and tells the Oilers that he doesn't want to play for them, but the kid has too much integrity to do that. 4 times in 6 years, such bull.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I'm happy about Eichel, but I can't help but feel a little devastated right now. I had a good feeling about it, then I got super excited when Toronto was passed so it was down to the final 3. Then seeing McDavid's reaction after the announcement, the kid did not want to go to Edmonton. Bad for him, bad for us, bad for the league, just bad all around. The NHL really has no one to blame but themselves for this. I really hope he pulls a Lindros and tells the Oilers that he doesn't want to play for them, but the kid has too much integrity to do that. 4 times in 6 years, such bull.

Yeah I'm a Leafs fan coming in peace. I would've wanted anybody but the Oilers to win (you guys were my second pick not to win it :sarcasm:) but I would've rather had the kid be at least somewhat close to Toronto so I could see him.

But, Oilers be Oiling.

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
How much you want to bet the new lottery system will reward Edmonton next year also? For argument's sake, they finish around 10th or 12th worst. Then, because of the new 3 ball system, they don't win the lottery but somehow end up picking second or third...

After tonight, I'm almost expecting that to happen.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Wow. 5-14-6-1 means Toronto had a 36.4% chance to win after 3 balls. Buffalo 27.3% and Edmonton 18.2%. Arizona was outright eliminated at that point.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Wow. 5-14-6-1 means Toronto had a 36.4% chance to win after 3 balls. Buffalo 27.3% and Edmonton 18.2%. Arizona was outright eliminated at that point.

Toronto had a 4 out of 11 shot
Buffalo had a 3 out of 11
Edmonton 2 out of 11

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
Mcdavid and Arizona fans are the only ones who should be sad tonight. Connor looked crushed knowing he was going to the Oilers and this might have been the death nail for AZ.

Everyone else can be mad, but the results are not going to effect their team or their life.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Only Mcdavid and Arizona fans are the only ones who should be sad tonight. Connor looked crushed knowing he was going to the Oilers and this might have been the death nail for AZ.

Everyone else can be mad, but the results are not going to effect their team or their life.
You can add the League office personnel to your list. How the hell are they going to market the next Hockey great superstar to the USA when he'll be playing in Edmonton? :shakehead

ruff22

May 5, 2007
Tucson, AZ
He actually makes more sense with our current prospect pool.

I was going to question before tonight's lottery: if you had a choice between winning it this year or winning it next year (even just getting top three), which would you choose?

Certainly a good argument can be made for next year, since we had Eichel wrapped up going in this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad