2015 Draft - 1st pick: Connor McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anyone notice the Oilers website under the "Draft Day 1 Content List" has a promo photo of McDavid in the Oilers white uniform? Looks awesome. Guess they had him take some photos in the regular jersey too?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Also another funny bit from the draft, when McDavid was putting on his jersey he kinda had to turn and look straight at Mac T, it looked like Mac T got weak in the knees :laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Congrats Oilers, winners of the draft, from a fan of the team that clearly lost yesterday.

Quick, without looking - did anyone else notice anything interesting about McDavid's jersey?

Not really a shocker, but....(highlight to reveal)
...it already had the 97 on it, instead of the generic 15. I guess Chia knew he wasn't trading the pick....

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Anyone notice the Oilers website under the "Draft Day 1 Content List" has a promo photo of McDavid in the Oilers white uniform? Looks awesome. Guess they had him take some photos in the regular jersey too?

Yup. They're all on Getty Images now

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Congrats Oilers, winners of the draft, from a fan of the team that clearly lost yesterday.

Quick, without looking - did anyone else notice anything interesting about McDavid's jersey?

Not really a shocker, but....(highlight to reveal)
...it already had the 97 on it, instead of the generic 15. I guess Chia knew he wasn't trading the pick....

What that it was our new 3rd jersey that everyone knew was getting unveiled at the draft?

Edit: oh there's the answer :laugh:

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Fair point. I understand the interest in the trade.

Haha perhaps I spoke too soon. The hate over the Marincin trade is very real.

Hopefully if we actually start winning this place cheers up a bit.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
What that it was our new 3rd jersey that everyone knew was getting unveiled at the draft?

Nope, it was the number on the jersey - side and back. Normally, each team has a bunch of blank "15" jerseys, and from what I've read I think they premake a bunch of nameplates for the first rounders and Velcro on the applicable one when the selection gets made, with later draftees getting no nameplate.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing McDavid in December. While I'll probably be chanting "Eichel's better", my heart won't be in it (as evidenced by the fact that I'll be chanting "McDavid's better" the next week when Buffalo comes.)

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
Hey guys! Just wondering, if you were the head coach, who would you put on McDavid's wings?

Do you guys expect him to play with Hall or Eberle at all? Or is Nuge going to play between the two? Or do you expect Hall and Eberle to be on different lines?

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hey guys! Just wondering, if you were the head coach, who would you put on McDavid's wings?

Do you guys expect him to play with Hall or Eberle at all? Or is Nuge going to play between the two? Or do you expect Hall and Eberle to be on different lines?

At first? Pouliot and Yakupov.

I expect Hall-McDavid-Yakupov|Pouliot-RNH-Eberle to end up as the combo.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Not set in stone but most commonly posted lines are Hall - McDavid - Yakupov and Pouliot - RNH - Eberle.

Edit: dammit, beaten to the punch.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I think he will be with Taylor Hall at training camp, but he will get a chance to basically play with everyone.

Oct 30, 2011

if you want to take advantage of his speed, you need to put Hall on his wing. You could make the argument to put RNH in the middle, but I'd rather keep Pouliot-RNH-Eberle together. That means putting Yak on his other wing. It's risky, but it gives us incredible depth in the top six.

PostM

Jan 13, 2008
I think he will be with Taylor Hall at training camp, but he will get a chance to basically play with everyone.

I'd like to see Hall show up to the prospect camp. Even if it's just for a light skate and a few drills. He needs to attach himself to Connor's leg.

Hall seems like a well driven guy, hopefully he gets in early and the chemistry develops.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Connor needs to live with Ryan Smyth if its possible.

He cant sleep on a mattress on the floor and have meals at earls and joeys like hall and eberle. He needs to learn how to be a pro off the ice by a vet.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Watched McDavid play in several games the past two years and also watched a very young Gretzky play many, many moons ago. The older Edmonton fans are going to have a deja vu kind of feeling when Connor McDavid hits the ice at Rexall Place. He's not Gretzky, but he's going to put his own mark on the game just like Wayne did.

Love the new jersey, and like that the Oilers put 97 on McDavid's instead of the generic 15.

I hope the rumour of staying with Smitty is true.

Enjoy Edmonton. Exciting times ahead!

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Hall..................???

"I expect Hall-McDavid-Yakupov"

That's the line that might work..........Hall has the speed to keep up with McDavid and Yakupov's has a lethal slap shot....all Yak has to do is get in position and wait for McDavid's pass.

Negative is..........who does the back checking when they don't have the puck?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
"I expect Hall-McDavid-Yakupov"

That's the line that might work..........Hall has the speed to keep up with McDavid and Yakupov's has a lethal slap shot....all Yak has to do is get in position and wait for McDavid's pass.

Negative is..........who does the back checking when they don't have the puck?

McLellan will instill 2-way play. All three of those guys are extremely hard workers.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'd like to see Hall show up to the prospect camp. Even if it's just for a light skate and a few drills. He needs to attach himself to Connor's leg.

Hall seems like a well driven guy, hopefully he gets in early and the chemistry develops.

Hall has chemistry with anybody.
pumped for McDavid, even more so, as he has a chance to explode as a rookie with Hall on his wing.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
A McDavid type player couldn't ask for a better winger than Taylor Hall to have for his first season. His point totals should be unbelievable for a rookie in the new era.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Does anyone know where I could get a McDavid onesie for a baby? My brother just had a son hes 4 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad