2015 Draft - 1st pick: Connor McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You know you're in Oil Country when the thread talking about the best prospect in the last 10 years has far fewer posts than a marginal trade.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
The welcome was so bad it hurt.

I was honestly confused at was going on. I thought maybe they were doing something crazy like signing his NHL contract live on draft day. What I saw just made no sense.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

I was honestly confused at was going on. I thought maybe they were doing something crazy like signing his NHL contract live on draft day. What I saw just made no sense.

It wasn't even a genuine, honest to goodness reaction welcome. You could see Katz reading off a teleprompter in the background. I mean, what the hell? :shakehead

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I still don't like the fact the Katz's kid stood next to McDavid at the selection photo op...I have no problem with him being up there...but when they started to push Chia off to the side...:shakehead

PersuasiveSteve

Hey Connor!
Mar 4, 2014
I got to say it because no one will Katz son probably never learned any etiquette in his life. For christs sakes son let Chiarelli get in the pic with Mcdavid. Man I would beat that kid hahah

Was anyone else ticked off that we had to watch the guy who will usher in a new era and future of the Edmonton Oilers, put on his first Oilers jersey and then stand next to Katz's son and ****ing Craig MacTavish, get the hell out of here guys and let him stand next to some people who deserve some props.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So caught up in the Reinhart blockbuster, guess we also drafted this David O'Connor kid from the OHL.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So caught up in the Reinhart blockbuster, guess we also drafted this David O'Connor kid from the OHL.

Haha. It is pretty funny this hasn't even hit 4 pages. But lets be honest... we've talked about McDavid so much the past couple of months there isn't much more to say.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So he has CCM and Canadian Tire marketing deals already ... guess McDonalds Canada will be next?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Why are there more posts in the Reinhart thread than here?

Basically certain oilerfans that have taken for granted what we got 1st overall with their extreme pessimism of any change. Anything that doesn't follow the script "in their minds" in how the team should be run is the "trigger" to react arrogantly and childishly because they didn't get what they want.

With that, hoooooly jebus....XD we just got Connor McDavid. .....Like think about that....Connor McDavid.
Literrally anythng after should be irrelevant because we got the best player in the draft and future. Period!!

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Jeremy-Renner.gif

crazy-dance.gif

Tangled.gif

30-Rock.gif

Anchorman.gif

Elf.gif

The-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower.gif

Loki.gif

Friends1.gif

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Because nothing about McDavid has changed since April while the Reinhart news is fresh and controversial. Maybe if the lottery was this morning or yesterday people would care but today was a formality unlike any other year the Oilers have held the first overall pick.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything

We've been discussing McDavid since the lottery. There is little to discuss as there was no chance we were going to do anything else but make him our pick. So aside from "glad it's official" or "looks good in that jersey", there's little to say that hasn't already been said. It doesn't mean any of us are any less excited about it.

The situation with the 16, however, could've gone any number of ways and was a complete surprise. I think everyone felt that we would either make the pick or trade it for a proven commodity. We did neither and nobody saw anything like it coming.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Really looking forward to seeing him in training camp

I bet people are excited to see him at the prospect camp on June 29th too, if it's open to the public that is.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Curious to know if this was broadcast on NBC as well, for those who watched there.

Was it a league idea? A Sportsnet idea? A Katz idea? Either way somebody needs to try and stop having ideas in the future.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Curious to know if this was broadcast on NBC as well, for those who watched there.

Was it a league idea? A Sportsnet idea? A Katz idea? Either way somebody needs to try and stop having ideas in the future.

It was very staged and artificial. You could literally see Katz' eyes moving (even though it was from a side profile) and McDavid's response was just as wooden. I don't know where the idea came from but I would not be surprised if it was a combination of league + Oilers management and maybe a bit of Katz hubris. It was pretty horrible to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad