Prospect Info: 2015 Development Camp

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Kosmo also seems high... not sure if that is a good sign or not

Kosmos high as we only have scrapers for NHL.com and this years AHL stats aren't included.
Our projections only account for up to d+3 so he and Olsen are really the only ones affected but yes, hewill be lower once we update numbers, thought we made a note of that.

Anyways , second parts up because I finished it early and am over eager/impressed with it.

Link in the main thread for it.

jetkarma*

Jimmy Lodge still seems too high to me... not sure why.

Because he doesn't belong anywhere near that spot perhaps.

This is like the draft list , lots of players not slotted where they should be imo .

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Because he doesn't belong anywhere near that spot perhaps.

This is like the draft list , lots of players not slotted where they should be imo .

Its I teresti g there's players included that I would have left out as well.

For one I have forever been down on Poolmans yet he is at a decent level based on this system. Conversely armia is very underrated.

It is what it is, but I think people tend to undersell just how much/well Lodge scored.

A lot of players scouts seem to be very high on have not produced at impressive levels.

I expect they'll be correct on some (like copp) and be wrong on some (who knows?)

Again this isn't a scouting replacement but just another set of criteria to add to the diacussion

Whileee

May 29, 2010

For one I have forever been down on Poolmans yet he is at a decent level based on this system. Conversely armia is very underrated.

It is what it is, but I think people tend to undersell just how much/well Lodge scored.

A lot of players scouts seem to be very high on have not produced at impressive levels.

I expect they'll be correct on some (like copp) and be wrong on some (who knows?)

Again this isn't a scouting replacement but just another set of criteria to add to the diacussion

I think a lot depends on NHL role. Copp projects as an effective bottom 6 forward and PKer, and is near the top of the rung in that regard. Lodge would probably be more effective in an offensive role in the NHL, but he's behind quite a few in the Jets system. Lodge would probably need to change his game to be more effective with 3rd and maybe 4th line usage to be a good prospect. Lots of players can do that, but they need the right temperament to be in spot duty and to not expect as many scoring opportunities.

jetkarma*

For me both on this list and the draft one there are obvious ( for me ) players listed way too high . Now your lists may turn out to be accurate but again there are some really obvious rankings that won't imo.

Kitchon is a long shot to gain a true spot in the NHL as is Lipon , and especially for the Jets as they have been lapped by younger better prospects since their selections imo .

Poolman has a legitimate chance , watched him very closely this last week and there is a lot to like . Yes he is older and I factor in age as strongly as most I think in long term evaluations , for me there is no doubt which D I prefer .

Lodge scored several years ago and nothing since indicates he will be able to match that , or build on that at the next level let alone the one after that . He's a guy that when I look at him I see some ok things but not nearly enough or see those strongly enough to see where he would be a fit . IMO from watching him closely last young stars and this week , he needs to decide to be a different type of player than he has been in order to have even a small chance to play in the NHL consistently .

He's not going to be a scoring forward as I see it , so he needs to develop a really really good defensive game , play with more bite ( he has some ) become a force on the forecheck , be a better puck hound , and play with more pace consistently . Is that possible ? Yes , likely ? I would say no from all I've seen .

As a counter I would mention Olsen, he's somewhat similar in that he has been a good offensive producer but is not likely to be able to do that well enough at the NHL level , but he has some possibilities if he commits to being that valuable bottom level C that can do enough things well but some of those could be quite well . He has a chance , of course how dedicated he is , how much it matters to him and if he becomes a truly smart player will be huge factors .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad