Prospect Info: 2015 Development Camp

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing about Copp screamed to me, 'this guy needs to be in the NHL next year.' I think he'll be fine in time, but i think needs some time with the Moose first.

I don't need anything a 4C does to jump out.
Very few people, or even drills from what I saw stress the things Copp will need to do. If he can win faceoffs and be sound defensively than I want him with the Jets. I don't really care that he has trouble taking a stretch pass for a break away, or that he can't sauce a pass like Petan and get the oooooh and ahhhhhhs.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Very few people, or even drills from what I saw stress the things Copp will need to do. If he can win faceoffs and be sound defensively than I want him with the Jets. I don't really care that he has trouble taking a stretch pass for a break away, or that he can't sauce a pass like Petan and get the oooooh and ahhhhhhs.

The problem is Copp has no idea what the NHL schedule is like. He's never played more than 40 games a season in his life.

I don't know if he's ready for that or not. None of us really do.

We shall see how ready he is at camp.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
The problem is Copp has no idea what the NHL schedule is like. He's never played more than 40 games a season in his life.

I don't know if he's ready for that or not. None of us really do.

We shall see how ready he is at camp.

If he's playing 4th line minutes it shouldn't really be a problem

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Agreed. Not to say that Copp couldn't possibly use time in the AHL (because I think most prospects do), but I also don't think a player like Copp is going to shine in a development camp.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If he plays the 4th line minutes Maurice likes to hand out it will be a problem because he'll never develop.

I hope your 10 Thousand th post is better than this one ;)
I think if coach has a line he can trust he will play them 9-10 minutes.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I hope your 10 Thousand th post is better than this one ;)
I think if coach has a line he can trust he will play them 9-10 minutes.

Will he though? Maurice has a say in the players as well one would think. And so far not one person has shown an interest in getting a real 4th line, nor do they plan to for a while yet (Peluso 2 year contract clearly indicates they won't have a 4th line with NHLers for a while). So far it's been pretty clear the 3-4 minute 4th line is the plan.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Will he though? Maurice has a say in the players as well one would think. And so far not one person has shown an interest in getting a real 4th line, nor do they plan to for a while yet (Peluso 2 year contract clearly indicates they won't have a 4th line with NHLers for a while). So far it's been pretty clear the 3-4 minute 4th line is the plan.

You could be right, he likes to ride the big horses. We shall see what shakes down, right no with now changes it looks like what, Thorburn Copp Armia/Hali? That would suck for the two young guys if they didn't play much that's for sure.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Maurice's handling of Klingberg showed that he does what he wants.
Same with O'Dell. 72% Ozone starts. 4th line. What the hell.
We will see.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Great list.
Interesting at # 11..."Jimmy Lodges". Next time I'm on holidays at least I'll have a different option other than Motel 6. :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

And last off season you could easily had stated the same thing about our third line, but Lowry developed into a solid rookie center and gave us a legit 3rd line.

Nothing is clear now, since we have no idea what exact skillsets are fully available to us. Armia looks solid, Stemp has yet to sign, same with Tlusty. Petan could end up there, and create some opportunities for points from our 4rth.

And signing Peluso to a league min contract proves absolutely ziltch. He will be wearing a suit most nights.

jetkarma*

And last off season you could easily had stated the same thing about our third line, but Lowry developed into a solid rookie center and gave us a legit 3rd line.

Nothing is clear now, since we have no idea what exact skillsets are fully available to us. Armia looks solid, Stemp has yet to sign, same with Tlusty. Petan could end up there, and create some opportunities for points from our 4rth.

And signing Peluso to a league min contract proves absolutely ziltch. He will be wearing a suit most nights.

I agree with this , I doubt Maurice would play a legitimate 4th line minimum minutes and signing Peluso isn't an idication he's penciled in for 70 games imo.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I must have had him as lodges all over the place as I swear I fixed that once already

Y'all might need an editor. ;)

Morrissey, not Morrisey
Erik Foley, not Eric Foley
Brendan Lemieux, not Brenden Lemieux
Hellebuyck, not Hellebyuck
What to Expect When You're Expecting

Don't worry, I got you. I love all the info you've presented, but it's hard for me to get past errors like that and I'll normally close the window before I'm done reading. But for you I soldiered on. :laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Morrissey, not Morrisey

Don't worry, I got you. I love all the info you've presented, but it's hard for me to get past errors like that and I'll normally close the window before I'm done reading. But for you I soldiered on. :laugh:

I did that one quick as I wanted it up. I had names spelt differently in just about every sheet.

Started these a week ago and it just took so long. Was originally going to include both parts as one article but realized I was reaching the 3k+ word mark.

So I'll admit the actual article was a bit hasty. Generally try to do a better job of editing but with that ome I gave up.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Morrissey, not Morrisey

Also going to pile on with "Nathan Merkley" ;).

I did that one quick as I wanted it up. I had names spelt differently in just about every sheet.

Started these a week ago and it just took so long. Was originally going to include both parts as one article but realized I was reaching the 3k+ word mark.

So I'll admit the actual article was a bit hasty. Generally try to do a better job of editing but with that ome I gave up.

Really enjoyed the article, looking forward to the rest!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I certainly hope not. We have so much talent waiting in the wings, it would be a travesty to not have a 4th line that can actually play and be effective. That would transform this team imo.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I certainly hope not. We have so much talent waiting in the wings, it would be a travesty to not have a 4th line that can actually play and be effective. That would transform this team imo.

What if our young talent is not effective?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00