Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Lets pretend it's a done deal to Buffalo for a second, like Barnaby says....
Maybe Babcock is collecting intel on San Jose and St. Louis for Buffalo (not Detriot!). Murray wants to know what veterans those teams really want to trade. :sarcasm:

Karate Johnson*

Maybe Babcock is collecting intel on San Jose and St. Louis for Buffalo (not Detriot!). Murray wants to know what veterans those teams really want to trade. :sarcasm:

Now we're getting somewhere! This is all very likely! :)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
For the sake of discussion, let's say Babcock doesn't come here when he announces his decision on Wed. How long after do you think it will take before we land a coach?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
For the sake of discussion, let's say Babcock doesn't come here when he announces his decision on Wed. How long after do you think it will take before we land a coach?

Either one week (already know who their fallback plan is) or one month (need to interview more candidates to go through the due diligence process).

Karate Johnson*

That's an excellent question. Who would we even target?

Everyone keeps saying McClellan to EDM is done, but is it actually done? I would assume if we end up with Richardson that will happen later down the line.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008

i don't think luke richardson's door is getting beaten down by potential suitors. buffalo can take their time to wait on blashill when grand rapids gets eliminated, assuming richardson is in fact their fallback guy

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Depends on how many interviews have happened already.

If he goes back to Detroit, do we wait on Blashill?

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
What I'm scared of is that how do we know Blashill is even a candidate? I know he hasn't been allowed to talk to teams yet so it's tight lipped, but there hasn't been any link to him whatsoever besides on here. I've been on the Blashill wagon since Ruff was canned and it would make me really upset, but it wouldn't shock me if Murray doesn't interview or consider him, even if he is available.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013

That's as depressing as it were to talk about "who would we draft 3rd". :laugh:

McLellan and Babcock were my favorites, after them I really don't have any. Blashill sure is interesting, but I'm not so high on a coach without NHL experience. On the other hand, I prefer a coach like Blashill or Richardson over a guy like DeBoer and Hitchcock.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I don't think the league will move that fast. I think the teams not interested in Babcock all want Blashill and Grand Rapids advanced in the AHL Playoffs so he won't be available for another two weeks.

Bps21*

That is not NEARLY as depressing as "who would we draft 3rd". Not even remotely.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Either one week (already know who their fallback plan is) or one month (need to interview more candidates to go through the due diligence process).

No later then the combine for sure. But my money is on sooner because it's going to be someone Murray already feels comfortable with. Which means I give guys like blaishill next to no chance

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
That is not NEARLY as depressing as "who would we draft 3rd". Not even remotely.

Ditto. One is "if they're out of chunky monkey what flavor are you most in the mood for" and the other is "if they're out of kidneys, could we interest you in life support?"

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'd love Hitchcock. Are you guys down on him because he hasn't got out of the 1st with the Blues or some other reason?

Karate Johnson*

The reason he would stay in Detroit is because he lives there and he wants to stay.

They aren't any more likely to win more cups over the next 10 years tank Buffalo. They aren't close now, and they need to do some work to fix that.

It's probably easier to build a contender in Buffalo right now based on assets and cap space.

Bps21*

I like what Bulldog just said on the radio about staying in Detroit. Fans are already grousing over this "process" he's going through a lot...and if he re-signs how are they going to feel around year 13 of his time there. Any coach wears out a welcome after too long. Moving on to anywhere renews it all with a new fan base. So does winning a cup. Are they going to win a cup again soon? Because if not I can totally see the fans growing real tired of him.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
No later then the combine for sure. But my money is on sooner because it's going to be someone Murray already feels comfortable with. Which means I give guys like blaishill next to no chance

Or...Murray has a good relationship with Babcock(and I'm sure Babcock and Blashill have a good relationship) which could lead Babcock referring Murray and the Sabres to Blashill for a destination.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Or...Murray has a good relationship with Babcock(and I'm sure Babcock and Blashill have a good relationship) which could lead Babcock referring Murray and the Sabres to Blashill for a destination.

What's blashill's relationship to Babcock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad