Speculation: 2015 Coaching Search: Who's the next head coach? Not Babcock - Pt. 2 - MOD post #917

Status
Not open for further replies.

radar493

Mar 26, 2015
Bylama had Crosby playing dump and chase. Which is as dumb as it gets. Eichel is the best carrying the puck in I've seen in years...if we get bylsma and I see his goddamned dump and chase that everyone knows is ******** ill take a couple years off until he's fired.

I'll look forward to that.;)

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
I never ripped Nolan and,yes, I'm saying that. The most important factor for winning is the players. Again coaching is I.important but overrated. Example: Marv Levey? Elite? No. Good coach great players and four super bowls. My opinion is coaching is even a bigger deal in football than hockey (just my opinion) yet players still make or break a team. Few years back Shannahan was elite in many eyes.

You're right.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Are you implying Nolan did a good job coaching? Because, well, no...

What people had issue with was him trying to squeeze wins out at the expense of development. Riding whichever goalie he determined was worthy, burying Hodgson on the 4th line, etc. Whether they were right or wrong, that was the argument. I don't see anyone arguing that Nolan actually got us a better record than we deserved because our record was as bad as can be.

I was just arguing that coaches have a bigger effect than what that poster assumed. Not that Nolan was good :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad