2015 Caps WJC Thread

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The first time I've seen Eichel and not been overly impressed.

I thought he was pretty great, aside of that one powerplay after Russia took the too-many-men penalty (where he constantly failed to gain the zone and refused to pass). He was slicing through the Russian defense for most of the game, though.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
With it being, Eichel, Hannafin, Werenski, Matthews, the future is bright for the US internationally. Then you add in all the players that were literally just drafted 6 months ago in comparison to a lot of teams are just stacked with players drafted a year and a half ago.

A good thing they showed really was the possession, even if the US beats Canada, they would never have had such a good possession game against Canada.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Neither team looked impressive. US dug itself a big hole with all the strange stick penalties. The quick little guy on the Russian team (Golyshev?) was fun to watch, Martin St Louis-lite.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Mikko Rantanen having himself a productive WJCs. His stock should be on the rise.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
This pisses me off. They lack Center depth at all levels and the kid was just sitting there waiting to be picked. Vrana can turn out great but I'll always question that pick.

Because you don't judge a USNTDP on 5 games playing with other USNTDP against players that don't play with one another.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Because you don't judge a USNTDP on 5 games playing with other USNTDP against players that don't play with one another.
Yes, that previous experience has made US teams into an unstoppable machine. :sarcasm:

Quite a few of the Slovakian players play together against men. The vast majority of players have played in previous tournaments before and against one another. The NTDP has paid dividends at the U18 level mainly, in part because it's the same coaching staff. At the U20 level it hasn't proven to be much of an advantage.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Amazing. Waited till 1:12 to pull the goalie down 2 goals. Had a perfect opportunity to do at 2:37 with an offensive zone face off and didn't.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Canada didn't take Wilson couple years ago, but this year they took Ritchie... Glad Anaheim picked him so it didn't end up being another Forsberg like situation where they pick a player that they haven't scouted.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
TSN is terrible... Domi counter hits Petras, TSN loves it. Domi then goes to hit Petras again and Petras stands him up and its undisciplined.

Burakovsky95*

Bowey one moment looks like the best defenseman on Canada but then the next moment will give up a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad