2015 #63 - Kyle Capobianco D

dantheleaffan

Feb 26, 2010
Extremely jealous you picked up this kid, so underrated due to playing on a poor team. Was hoping the Leafs would have taken a flyer on him

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I like the pick almost solely for the creativity it demonstrates. It would be easy to pick a D from a successful program and hope for the best. Here, it feels like there was some genuine scouting going on. That's a new feeling.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I like the pick almost solely for the creativity it demonstrates. It would be easy to pick a D from a successful program and hope for the best. Here, it feels like there was some genuine scouting going on. That's a new feeling.

It's a testament to my PTSD from the Gretzky era that the very first thing I thought of with this pick was, "Is his relationship with Exelby and BTM important to Maloney in that it reduces the likelihood that he'll bolt instead of sign an ELC?"

I never realized just how damaged I was as a fan until that moment.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Even if that is a factor, it's not a bad thing to mitigate risk, so long as you aren't passing up a better player because of it. I don't really think it's a coincidence that Fischer and Capo have spent time in Arizona, or that they're friends with other Coyote prospects in some cases.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I just saw his stats and they seemed very impressive. Is he any good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad