2015-2016 WHL Regular Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Guys, I have a question and hope you guys can help me. Is there a website where I can find medium-sized (300-500px) headshots of WHL hockey players? The teams websites have them but the resolution is quite low.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Hughson released by the Chiefs. Unlikely that any teams have an OA and a goalie spot open so I doubt he'll be picked up. Not going to make much of a difference for the Chiefs but they will have an OA spot open now unless by some miracle Helewka returns.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Hughson released by the Chiefs. Unlikely that any teams have an OA and a goalie spot open so I doubt he'll be picked up. Not going to make much of a difference for the Chiefs but they will have an OA spot open now unless by some miracle Helewka returns.

So many OA goalies this year, just no market at all, likely one of the reasons Kelowna decided to keep Whistle.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
When McGauley returns for Brandon they will have to make a decision on one of the following 3 guys Bukharts,Erkamps and Waltz. They named Erkamps captain so I am thinking Waltz is the odd guy out and he would be a very good D man for some team

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
When McGauley returns for Brandon they will have to make a decision on one of the following 3 guys Bukharts,Erkamps and Waltz. They named Erkamps captain so I am thinking Waltz is the odd guy out and he would be a very good D man for some team

Wheat Kings are very thin on defence with the loss of Pilon. I think Bukarts will be the odd one out.

The Wheat Kings have plenty of offence and could much easier deal with the lose of Bukarts more than Waltz. Also there penalty kill has not been good this year so another reason to keep Waltz.

Claque is a very good offensive defensemen but needs to bulk up to win the one on one puck battles that are critical to win on the PK.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Calgary shaking things up. Dealt Thomas and Lang to Vancouver. Draude to Saskatoon. Waived Elliott Peterson.

Hordichuk_24

I'm not surprised Houck was moved. But I'm a little surprised the Giants chose Lee over Porter. I think ultimately it came down to value. Lee doesn't have much league wide. Porter had more being younger. Giants now have an overage spot to fill. It'll be interesting to see what they decide there.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I'm not surprised Houck was moved. But I'm a little surprised the Giants chose Lee over Porter. I think ultimately it came down to value. Lee doesn't have much league wide. Porter had more being younger. Giants now have an overage spot to fill. It'll be interesting to see what they decide there.

if they are will to part with one of there import players. I could see someone out in the West ending up with Bukarts from Brandon when McAuley is healthy to play.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I like those moves by the giants. Thomas is a pretty good defender, and Cox is a beast. Giants have also been using Thrower a bit up front.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Rumor has it Sanheim brothers coming to Brandon after the World Juniors

Bukharts to Portland for a pair of 3rd round picks

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Went to my first ever NA hockey game last night and it was amazing! Everett vs. Brandon. Got to see Kale Clague who looked great. Tomorrow night, I am going to Everett vs. Portland and will keep an eye on Keegan Iverson, Rangers prospect. See if I can get some nice pictures. He is 2-5-7 in 12 games so far this season.

Will Rihards Bukarts play for Portland tomorrow? If so, I will see him on the ice twice in 3 days in Everett.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rumor has it Sanheim brothers coming to Brandon after the World Juniors
Makes too much sense. Calgary also named their captain today and it wasn't Sanheim. I think they'll play a month or so with the new lineup and see if they can get on a roll, if not it makes no sense to keep Sanheim if they continue to get shutout.

Brandon now has an import spot open. Kylington? If not maybe they can take Fazleev off Calgary's hands.

Hordichuk_24

I like those moves by the giants. Thomas is a pretty good defender, and Cox is a beast. Giants have also been using Thrower a bit up front.

Thomas will definitely help the defense. That is their weakest point. Well goaltending as well but not much can be done about that right now. I wouldn't have kept Lee but it came down to value and Porter had some, Lee did not as the Giants have been shopping him for a few years now. Kubic needed to stay on the team to get WHL experience. I'm wondering how Cox will perform without Sanford? Hopefully he'll find chemistry with someone but there seems to be too many play makers and not enough finishers. Thrower is only playing up front due to injuries and losing Holt and Semchuk to the under 17's. Although to be honest I would rather see Thrower play up front permanently. I think he's more effective and it helps masks his deficiencies. He has an extremely low hockey IQ and is a turnover machine. It's too bad because there is talent there and he's tough but he doesn't want it enough. But that has been an issue for him all along.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Feel like the Wheat Kings need to make a big deal to fill Bukarts spot. Package those 2 picks up with something else? Bukarts has just been a huge part of the high octane WK offence and will need someone else.

Any ideas?

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Feel like the Wheat Kings need to make a big deal to fill Bukarts spot. Package those 2 picks up with something else? Bukarts has just been a huge part of the high octane WK offence and will need someone else.

Any ideas?
It would be nice to add a big time scorer like DeBrusk but not sure if Swift Current is will to move him or what the asking price would be. His availability will depend on how Swift Current does in the next 15 or 20 games.

Even if DeBrusk does become available I am not sure if his asking price would be to high for the Wheat Kings.

I could see a package of Oil King players being a better fit even if they aren't putting up as good of numbers. (Pollock and Mayo) both are 1996 born players and both veterans of many playoff games.

The Oil Kings are not off to a good start so I am not sure how long they will wait to start the rebuild.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I anticipate Seattle to make a potential large trade this year. They have an extremely good team but I think a real good dmen coming there could be a good idea. They took a big hit with Theodore going to the pros and I think they could use a Sanheim type left handed dman. They have right handed Ethan Bear putting up good numbers but are missing that left handed dman stud

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Is Anholt expected to play a big role here? Or what's the scouting report on him?

Sounds promising at least, and only 17.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He will be a bottom 6 guy till he can show if he can handle the physical side of things in the WHL. Great wheels and hands on this kid though. He is coming off mono so I won't expect much from him till he gets healed up from that. Still could be a good player and he was a toss in on the Pilon trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad