2015-2016 WHL Regular Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Garrett Armour to the BWK for the Blades conditional 10 round pick in 2018.. Blades reportedly have one more trade to announce this morning too

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Garrett Armour to the BWK for the Blades conditional 10 round pick in 2018.. Blades reportedly have one more trade to announce this morning too

They also Acquired Jake Morrisey from Tri City, who must have picked up Morrisey off of waivers, but never told anyone? For a 6th Round pick.

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
Jaedon Descheneau Returned to Kootenay. Something I wasn't expecting. I wonder what the Ice do now.

I guess it determines if they're really in "rebuild mode": if so, I'd say that both Descheneau and Philp would be traded, and depending on when they are traded could demand a return. The hard part with Kootenay is that the entire league knows they have 5 overagers right now and that 2 have to go. So....I wouldn't think a first round pick would be going the other way for one of those guys.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
7 points in 3 games for Kailer Yamamoto. Glad he hasn't slowed down since his line is generating most of the Chiefs' offense right now.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What is the Import situation on yours favorited WHL team. How many imports and there age

For the Chiefs:
Nik Andersen- 17 years old, Denmark. Plays 2nd line LW.
Dominic Zwerger- 19 years old, Austria. Plays 1st line LW.

Zwerger is likely to have a very good year playing with Yamamoto(8 points in 4 games right now). He has some solid skills and has played for Austria in U18 and U20. Andersen is new so I don't know much about him but he's represented Denmark internationally and was the rookie of the year in the Danish league last year.

Last edited:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Wheat Kings should trade Winkler IMO. No room for him with Bukarts and Provorov.

Wondering if he could be part of a package for a big name. Any guesses on some top players that will be on the block?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Wheat Kings should trade Winkler IMO. No room for him with Bukarts and Provorov.

Wondering if he could be part of a package for a big name. Any guesses on some top players that will be on the block?

You cant trade first year imports. They can only find a spot for him in a different league, like Everett did with Waltteri Hopponen, sending him to the USHL when Mirco Mueller was sent back from the Sharks.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
You cant trade first year imports. They can only find a spot for him in a different league, like Everett did with Waltteri Hopponen, sending him to the USHL when Mirco Mueller was sent back from the Sharks.

Yes, don't think teams HAVE to find a spot in a differnt league, they CAN just release them. Problem is, that doesn't look good to european agents who may have future players for your team.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Yes, don't think teams HAVE to find a spot in a differnt league, they CAN just release them. Problem is, that doesn't look good to european agents who may have future players for your team.
Your right. They can just release em, but that would be a dick move. It's McCrimmon though so ... he don't care :laugh:

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Spokane vs Victoria

Both these teams are young and have good potential going forward.
Kailer Yamamoto(98) was best player on ice in this series and for a 98 kid that is something. Has a ton of assists but I see him as a straight ahead no nonsense player. Did a very good job of getting pucks to net. Has great speed to beat top level d men like he did to Joe Hicketts on a short handed breakaway. Great work ethic and battle in the corners. Reminds me of a Chris Kreider type player. Line of Yamamoto,Hudson Elynick(97), Dominic Zwerger(96) dominated in whole series.
That being said Victoria was the better team in GM#1 but Spokane goalie Tyson Verhelst(97) stole one.
Victoria has far better depth in their third and fourth lines that Spokane had trouble matching. Top line for Victoria not near as dominant as they were to begin season and Bobolev has cooled off considerably. Tyler Soy(97) (5 goals in 6 games) and especially Dante Hannoun(98) who is on fourth line had great series. Hannoun is high skill and after tough start to year seems to be coming into his own.
Vctoria D also has more depth and also probably the best Dman in the West Joe Hicketts. Five-eight but plays like a 6 footer. Tough and constantly on pucks. High end offensive talent.
Phillips its still early, but from what I have seen the Royals are going to be very good all year. My guess Kelowna/PG and Vic fight for first all year. Big test this weekend on Friday against Kelowna.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Yeah I forgot about that rule...

Winkler will have to go then. Just nowhere near Bukarts or Provorov. Would make things even more interesting if Kylington got sent here from the AHL somehow.

Hoping Kelly pulls of another trade this year for a bigger name rental. Think they can really go for it this year.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
10-0 Wheat Kings > Kootenay midway through the 3rd.. :laugh:

edit: 11-0 now. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

editx2: It's 12-1. Everytime I refresh there is more goals scored.

Last edited:

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Yeah I forgot about that rule...

Winkler will have to go then. Just nowhere near Bukarts or Provorov. Would make things even more interesting if Kylington got sent here from the AHL somehow.

Hoping Kelly pulls of another trade this year for a bigger name rental. Think they can really go for it this year.

The Wheat Kings can't keep Bukarts because he would also take a over age spot which will not happen, because Waltz and Erkamps are needed on the blueline and then McGauley gets the last over age spot.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Brayden Burke and Lethbridge seem like a really interesting team this year.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
The Wheat Kings can't keep Bukarts because he would also take a over age spot which will not happen, because Waltz and Erkamps are needed on the blueline and then McGauley gets the last over age spot.

That is true.

Well, the question is I guess who has room for another import AND another over age?

FYI: Winkler was just released.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
That is true.

Well, the question is I guess who has room for another import AND another over age?

FYI: Winkler was just released.

Not sure what WHL teams would have room for a player who is a 20 years old and a import player, what is the situation on your favorite WHL team?

Bukarts is an elite offensive talent, it is a shame the Wheat Kings can't keep him.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Not sure what WHL teams would have room for a player who is a 20 years old and a import player, what is the situation on your favorite WHL team?

Bukarts is an elite offensive talent, it is a shame the Wheat Kings can't keep him.

They might be planning to keep him. They did bring in Dom Thom, presumably for a reason. Also it's possible Pilon returns. Could see the overagers being Bukharts, McGauley and Erkamps

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
They might be planning to keep him. They did bring in Dom Thom, presumably for a reason. Also it's possible Pilon returns. Could see the overagers being Bukharts, McGauley and Erkamps

Not going to happen Kelly is a very loyal to his veteran players like Waltz who is a heart and soul guy. They need every veteran defensemen they can. I wish Pilon would return they miss him. I think there is a chance they may get Kylington send down to Brandon who would help there defensemen which has been their week point this season. Clague is a very good offensive d-man but his defensemen needs work.

Last edited:

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Not going to happen Kelly is a very loyal to his veteran players like Waltz who is a heart and soul guy. They need every veteran defensemen they can. I wish Pilon would return they miss him. I think there is a chance they may get Kylington send down to Brandon who would help there defensemen which has been their week point this season. Clague is a very good offensive d-man but his defensemen needs work.
I was thinking Bukharts is a pretty big player this year. Likely 40 goal man. Would Pilon be welcome back in the room? Players don't normally take to kindly to team mates quitting on them. Also, looks like Kylington is knocking it out of the park in Stockton. Looks like pro hockey in North America agrees with his development. From the outside looking in, he seems like an awful long shot to be sent to back to junior a second year in a row. Wish you guys well this year. Hope you can put it all together.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
I was thinking Bukharts is a pretty big player this year. Likely 40 goal man. Would Pilon be welcome back in the room? Players don't normally take to kindly to team mates quitting on them. Also, looks like Kylington is knocking it out of the park in Stockton. Looks like pro hockey in North America agrees with his development. From the outside looking in, he seems like an awful long shot to be sent to back to junior a second year in a row. Wish you guys well this year. Hope you can put it all together.

As far as Kylington it is a long shot that he will be send back but it would be a big help.

Pilon would have to make sure he wanted to come back and play before the the team would accepted him back.

As far as 20 year olds it will be Waltz, Erkamps and McGauley.

Maybe Kelly can make a deal involving import players Brandon needing a 18 or 19 year old back.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Wheat King season ticket holder, so think we are fans of the same team ;)

But I agree, would love to keep him, but cannot see a (good) situation that involves him staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad