2015-2016 WHL Regular Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Where does Chase Lang line up on the Calgary roster? Anybody have any idea on how much playing time he'll get?

Same for Reid Duke on Brandon. Top six material?

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Brandon loses their opener in a SO vs Swift Current. Out shot them like 54-18 or something, just couldnt get a bounce. Rematch tonight :nod:

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
How the Silvertips have any fans boggles my mind. They play the most boring style of hockey I have ever seen. Pretty much the late 90's NJ Devils.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Anderson-Dolan with a hat trick in the season opener for the Chiefs. Definitely a rookie to watch this year.

Hordichuk_24

How the Silvertips have any fans boggles my mind. They play the most boring style of hockey I have ever seen. Pretty much the late 90's NJ Devils.

At least the 90's Devils were tough and played hard nosed hockey. The Tips are one of the softest teams in the league and play that style. It's downright dreadful. You couldn't pay me to watch that crap. Typical Kevin Constantine.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
At least the 90's Devils were tough and played hard nosed hockey. The Tips are one of the softest teams in the league and play that style. It's downright dreadful. You couldn't pay me to watch that crap. Typical Kevin Constantine.

Will be interesting if the Cougars can adapt tonight. They need to break down their trap and finish their chances.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Nooo! Menell took a terrible knee on knee from Dube. He left the ice not putting any weight on it. Looked very bad

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
Where does Chase Lang line up on the Calgary roster? Anybody have any idea on how much playing time he'll get?

Lang was playing with Karnaukhov and Malenstyn last game, it looked like he received a good share of ice-time and was on both special teams' lines as well. I would think as a 19 year-old that he should be getting lots of ice-time though I did notice that Coach French did roll through the top 3 lines regularly. Maybe Calgary doesn't have a #1 line but a 1a/1b right now?

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Victoria Royals Look Good vs Portland

Vic killed Portland in Gm#1 which was a huge surprise given this team is in the middle of a rebuild. Top Line of Forsberg(20yr old an WHL player of Week), Bobylev(97 born), Walker(96) dominated. But the most impressive where the young forward group of Soy(97),Phillips(98),Hannoun(98),Peckford(99),Dmytriw(98) to go with an extremely young defense could be the surprise of the league this year. This group will be the number two unit by mid year and will put up some great numbers this year. If Vic has a good year this year look for them to be a great team in the next few years after that.

GM#2 saw Portland have some push back big time. Young goaltender let them down a bit in this game. Speaking of injuries top goaltender Adin Hill was hit in head during warm ups and rumour has it has a concussion.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Vic killed Portland in Gm#1 which was a huge surprise given this team is in the middle of a rebuild. Top Line of Forsberg(20yr old an WHL player of Week), Bobylev(97 born), Walker(96) dominated. But the most impressive where the young forward group of Soy(97),Phillips(98),Hannoun(98),Peckford(99),Dmytriw(98) to go with an extremely young defense could be the surprise of the league this year. This group will be the number two unit by mid year and will put up some great numbers this year. If Vic has a good year this year look for them to be a great team in the next few years after that.

GM#2 saw Portland have some push back big time. Young goaltender let them down a bit in this game. Speaking of injuries top goaltender Adin Hill was hit in head during warm ups and rumour has it has a concussion.

Glad to see Vic put up such a good fight, don;t think they have what it takes to do this long term, but the fans deserve some hope.

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
PG Review

Great review on PG but nothing mentioned about Max Martin(99) dman.

How was his camp, preseason? I saw this as a great pickup for PG!

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Great review on PG but nothing mentioned about Max Martin(99) dman.

How was his camp, preseason? I saw this as a great pickup for PG!

You are right, I did gloss over him (not on purpose.)

Martin will be playing half time this year, probably about 35 games. His camp was good, and his pre-season was great.

His first regular season game vs EVT was just ok. He looked nervous, which I guess is a given. Will be very interesting to see how he does this year.

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
Duke

Duke is top 6 and maybe top 3 material. That is until he quits again like Pilon.:rant:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Any Winterhawks fans able to give a report on Jones and Dougherty. By stats watching looks like Jones is off to a great start (I thought he went to low in the draft) while Jack seems to struggle... Does the stats confirm this or we talking lucky/unlucky puck bounces etc etc?

Superbowlfishca

Aug 20, 2012
Portland Dmen

I have seen both play in exhibition and regular season. Jones is a can't miss stud who went way too low in the draft. He will get bigger and stronger so the defensive side of his game will improve but his offensive ability, smarts and skating are elite especially for an 18 year old. Nice pick by the Oilers.
Daugherty does not have near the offensive upside and to me is maybe a bit overrated. He played a decent stay at home type of game but i would have expected more given he was drafted 50 spots ahead of Jones, albiet in different draft years as he is one year older than Jones. Also -5 in two games is not going to cut it.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Tnx, for the report, maybe time to drop jack in my prospect pool, I was very high on him at the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->