Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
I hope its Galchenyuk for Drouin + 0. Drouin may have the higher ceiling and Montreal needs a star with a French name .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I pick on Killer for this trade because we are at an excess of forwards. The issue (according to the Lightning) was getting Drouin slotting into the lineup over established guys like an Alex Killorn. Considering that Killer is RFA, it gives Montreal a chance to manage their asset at a cost that is right for them. AG comes to us making $2.8 million - a number that might be less than what Killorn would have gotten. I don't want to lose Killorn but of all our forwards he's the one I'm most okay with moving. Ideally I would move Filppula first but he affords us an option at both wing and center in the event of Stamkos leaving. I'm doubtful that Montreal is going to trade an established forward for a bad apple like that. Thus make the deal as enticing as possible.

I don't even know if AG is even available like the rumors say. But if he was then why not try to get a deal going? AG was VERY disgruntled and fired his agent earlier in the year. The move makes perfect sense for both teams.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
if you look at scoring history usage history

killorn is probably greater than galchenyuk

i think gally has been missused in montreal and would do well in new environment also adding another russian is something i like haha

but ya i thought condra plus drouin plus small piece someone not likely to ever make nhl prospect

so killorn plus drouin plus a first?? bad really bad in wayyy too much

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Killorn may be a cap casualty in the summer but he has good value. We should be able to get a 1st in the 20's or a 2nd and a B prospect for him. So the difference between that and Galchenyuk is not another 1st + Drouin.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm more worried about trading Killorn to a division rival than Drouin. Killorn is able to physically dominate a game and he's a beast in the playoffs. I know Drouin will be really good, but Killorn is already good.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Killorn may be a cap casualty in the summer but he has good value. We should be able to get a 1st in the 20's or a 2nd and a B prospect for him. So the difference between that and Galchenyuk is not another 1st + Drouin.

Only if Stamkos resigns

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
galchenyuk is just over a 0.5 player

killorn has that but also kind of exploded in playoffs

galchenyuk 22 games 10 points in playoffs killer is 30 games 20 points in playoffs i believe

if people dont think those stats matter in the big picture ok

as said i think gally is used incorrectly and a change would do him well id do killorn plus a small thing but not drouin but drouin condra and a later round guy b level prospect would be what i would target for galchenyuk

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The thing I don't get Sunny, is you're acting like Yzerman always stands pat. He's never been afraid to make a big trade or signing, if he thinks it's warranted.

I think he's been one of the more active GM's every year at the deadline too. Every year we think nothing will happen because there are no rumours and then suddenly he makes a couple of trades no one knew about. I like that he doesn't make moves just to make moves and that every move eventually makes sense. Last year he dealt from a position of strength to get a couple of picks to spare so he could trade for Coburn.

I think he'll make a couple of moves to help our run. Maybe he knows Stamkos isn't resigning so he realizes our time to take the last step is now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

galchenyuk 22 games 10 points in playoffs killer is 30 games 20 points in playoffs i believe

as said i think gally is used incorrectly and a change would do him well id do killorn plus a small thing but not drouin but drouin condra and a later round guy b level prospect would be what i would target for galchenyuk

Montreal would laugh at that for days and days.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You do know that Galchenyuk is 4 years younger and is still improving while Killorn will likely plateau at his current production right?

Killorn is what he is, Galchenyuk's floor is current Killorn has much more potential for growth...

I'd be happy with Drouin for Galchenyuk just to get over this Drouin thing while returning a young and useful player.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why use two good assets in Drouin and a 1st for Gally? If we're going to trade away that much, just get us another good D-man.

Because that won't return any good D-man?

Would you trade Stralman for Yakupov and an EDM 2nd round pick? Wouldn't think so.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You do know that Galchenyuk is 4 years younger and is still improving while Killorn will likely plateau at his current production right?

Killorn is what he is, Galchenyuk's floor is current Killorn has much more potential for growth...

I'd be happy with Drouin for Galchenyuk just to get over this Drouin thing while returning a young and useful player.

Killorn's been the same player since the day he stepped into the league. He's remarkably consistent, really. Just hoping that same consistency will show with his playoff performances, where he does seem to hit a different level.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
the guy i really wanted from montreal whom i thought would become available is out for the rest of the season and the hits keep rolling lol

i doubt we can get galchenyuk but if hes available to me drouin plus a small bit is a good deal and i think we down shadow drouins worth by listening to others

plus isnt drouin a quebec native or like a montreal guy?

id offer more for galchenyuk just to have his sister here arhaha

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Montreal would laugh at that for days and days.

ok hes 22 or whatever and what is his ceiling where has he shown argue wise he is better than say vladdy at this point for us?

if montreal thinks legit hes a first line center than yes they should ask for the moon but if they feel which i think they might he is a tweener guy than it probably wont cost as much as montreal fans think or maybe some of you on this board to get galchenyuk

just my two cents and by tweener if they think he is second or third liner depending on center or forward and by most indications that is what i feel or how i feel montreal feels about gally that he is a tweener and not a superstar or top player

there has to be teams out there who still view drouin as potential superstar so why would montreal if they are said team not do a deal drouin for galchenyuk?

just being logical i doubt gally is available but if he is I doubt is as high as price as most would think

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
ok hes 22 or whatever and what is his ceiling where has he shown argue wise he is better than say vladdy at this point for us?

if montreal thinks legit hes a first line center than yes they should ask for the moon but if they feel which i think they might he is a tweener guy than it probably wont cost as much as montreal fans think or maybe some of you on this board to get galchenyuk

just my two cents and by tweener if they think he is second or third liner depending on center or forward and by most indications that is what i feel or how i feel montreal feels about gally that he is a tweener and not a superstar or top player

there has to be teams out there who still view drouin as potential superstar so why would montreal if they are said team not do a deal drouin for galchenyuk?

just being logical i doubt gally is available but if he is I doubt is as high as price as most would think

He still has the potential to be a #1C, so his value is still high.

It's pretty much what Sky said. Killorn is what he is--he's not going to get better. Galchenyuk's floor is Killorn's level. It's possible he never gets better, but the potential is there to be a lot better.

We'd have to give up at least Drouin.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Drouin/1st/Killorn would be an insane overpayment for Galchenyuk.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For the record, I could give a damn less if we make a trade or not. Even if it's for AG. I just want a top 6 next year that DOES NOT have a Stamkos-sized hole in it if he walks. Yzerman will never show his hand but I want a contingency. If he doesn't have one yet then he needs to start thinking of it. And given the fact that our offense BADLY needs to be switched up, a trade for a guy like AG makes sense to begin with. If we don't trade then whatever, I just think it would be a VERY good idea considering how many of our top guys are having down years and we need to be playing our best come playoff time.

It's Cup or Bust this year guys. The "All In" mentality of 5 years ago never meant so much now

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
For the record, I could give a damn less if we make a trade or not. Even if it's for AG. I just want a top 6 next year that DOES NOT have a Stamkos-sized hole in it if he walks. Yzerman will never show his hand but I want a contingency. If he doesn't have one yet then he needs to start thinking of it. And given the fact that our offense BADLY needs to be switched up, a trade for a guy like AG makes sense to begin with. If we don't trade then whatever, I just think it would be a VERY good idea considering how many of our top guys are having down years and we need to be playing our best come playoff time.

It's Cup or Bust this year guys. The "All In" mentality of 5 years ago never meant so much now

100% agree on that part, and that's why people saying "don't make a trade for the sake of making a trade, ya know, unless it's a huge win for us" annoy me a bit. My thing is that just adding one more forward wouldn't really help, and Gally is still in the process of developing, so that's not provably a "win now" move to me. Hartnell would be a win now move, just for instance. We need to improve our PP, add the PP-QB we've needed for 10 years, because if that works, other teams will have to give us more space E.S.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Why is it Cup or bust again? What about our organization shows we have a closing window?

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

This is awful. What about this team has made you think they can win a cup this year? And we all know stevie Y is clearly not a "cup or bust" kind of GM. He wants to compete every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad