Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Player A is Justin Schultz. Player B is Jason Garrison.

Cb1rQwzUEAAjw1e

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Galchenyuk is actually a really good player, and I think we'd be lucky to get him 1-for-1 for Drouin right now.

On 95.3 today I heard there's apparently been some statement from Drouin's agent that he'd now be willing to accept a non-top 6 role to whatever team trades for him. :laugh:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Galchenyuk is actually a really good player, and I think we'd be lucky to get him 1-for-1 for Drouin right now.

On 95.3 today I heard there's apparently been some statement from Drouin's agent that he'd now be willing to accept a non-top 6 role to whatever team trades for him. :laugh:

Oh wow, the kid's got some humility in him after all! A non-top 6 role for a player who has proven jack **** at the NHL level? The sacrifices he's willing to make!

I would gladly take Galchenyuk for Drouin.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Oh wow, the kid's got some humility in him after all! A non-top 6 role for a player who has proven jack **** at the NHL level? The sacrifices he's willing to make!

I would gladly take Galchenyuk for Drouin.

In a world where we wouldn't have to see his ugly mug 5+ times a year I would too. That part just gives me pause.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I doubt anyone is gonna trade for him. Just come back, take your licks and play. The Lightning locker room speaks an overwhelmingly positive review of him and would probably welcome him back with open arms.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I doubt anyone is gonna trade for him. Just come back, take your licks and play. The Lightning locker room speaks an overwhelmingly positive review of him and would probably welcome him back with open arms.

I viewed the statement news (that I haven't seen confirmed or clarified) to be the first domino in him realizing how powerless he and his agent are at this point in his career.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

I said this from the start and it's not like we've all thought it.

Waive/trade condra. Bring up Drouin. Problem solved.

Waive Carle. Bigger problem solved.

HotPaquette

Apr 7, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
In a world where we wouldn't have to see his ugly mug 5+ times a year I would too. That part just gives me pause.

Having to see Drouin 5+ times a year would be a pain, but Montreal would have to see Galchenyuk as well, and I think he would become a star in Tampa.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I said this from the start and it's not like we've all thought it.

Waive/trade condra. Bring up Drouin. Problem solved.

Waive Carle. Bigger problem solved.

Why waive Condra? He's a healthy scratch most nights, we carry 8 D so send one down and you have a roster spot for Drouin. Still don't know where he goes in the lineup though.

Saw on hockeyscap that Koekkoek was sent down and Taormina brought up.

HotPaquette

Apr 7, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
Why waive Condra? He's a healthy scratch most nights, we carry 8 D so send one down and you have a roster spot for Drouin. Still don't know where he goes in the lineup though.

Saw on hockeyscap that Koekkoek was sent down and Taormina brought up.

Really wish Koekkoek would be given more minutes. Hate seeing him sent down when he's shown he should get more playing time in Tampa, not a demotion to the minors.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I wouldn't mind adding Galy and Justin Schultz to see how the change of scenery does for them. Schultz would be cheap and Galy should be priced fairly

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well the biggest problem is that Yzerman likely isn't going to do a anything major until the Stamkos situation solves itself. Make a trade and suddenly you are "overreacting" or "acting too soon" as far as I'm concerned you have to strike when the iron is hot. Assume a name like Galchenyuk IS available. Why in God's name do you not upgrade in spite of whatever Stamkos intends to do only July 1st and cover yourself?

Imagine it: BLOCKBUSTER! LIGHTNING TRADE DROUIN, KILLORN, 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK TO MONTREAL FOR ALEXANDER GALCHENYUK

Galchenyuk-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
JAM-Filppula-Brown
Condra-Boyle-Paquette

I'm not sure where Namestnikov fits

Yeah it's a HARD sell but it improves our scoring power. Can you imagine Montreal turning down a 3rd liner who can step into the 1st line seamlessly for 2 week periods and play in every given situation? Given MT's hard on for guys like this, I don't imagine they would refuse. AND they're gonna get Drouin! And a ****ing 1st rounder! If anything I'm overpaying here by a far margin but when you give up an asset like AG for a guy like Drouin, YOU are taking the risk. In a cap casualty world, Killorn may actually end up being lost and God knows we're gonna get NOTHING for Drouin.

And assume Stamkos walks out folks.... it's ****ing DOOMSDAY in Tampa. Everyone duck and cover like they showed you in the black and white school films!

Filppula-Galchenyuk-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
JAM-Namestnikov-Brown
Condra-Boyle-Paquette

What a disaster... right? You move Flip to the wing to play with Callahan and do a damn good job at it like he's always done!

I swear I'm not trying to tell SFY how to do his job nor am I saying I'm qualified to be a GM. I simply want to demonstrate in a plausible scenario of how thinking ahead could save our bacon in case Stamkos bails on us

Right now all I want to see is the fact that Yzerman is planning for some kind of contingency past July 1st

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
PS- I completely forgot about Nametnikov in the scenario and it even works out better! We won't even be out a center because we are so loaded in center depth. Again... I just want to see "planning ahead". If Stamkos walks on July 1st I don't wanna hear some ******** excuse of "Well we tried all we could. Obviously some hard decisions need to be made. We wish Steven the very best in _______" Then what are we left with? A broken TKO line that has yet to function since last year's ECF and a KFC line that's good for a goal once every 5 games? That's a big NOOOOOO from me

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well the biggest problem is that Yzerman likely isn't going to do a anything major until the Stamkos situation solves itself. Make a trade and suddenly you are "overreacting" or "acting too soon" as far as I'm concerned you have to strike when the iron is hot. Assume a name like Galchenyuk IS available. Why in God's name do you not upgrade in spite of whatever Stamkos intends to do only July 1st and cover yourself?

Imagine it: BLOCKBUSTER! LIGHTNING TRADE DROUIN, KILLORN, 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK TO MONTREAL FOR ALEXANDER GALCHENYUK

Galchenyuk-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
JAM-Filppula-Brown
Condra-Boyle-Paquette

I'm not sure where Namestnikov fits

Yeah it's a HARD sell but it improves our scoring power. Can you imagine Montreal turning down a 3rd liner who can step into the 1st line seamlessly for 2 week periods and play in every given situation? Given MT's hard on for guys like this, I don't imagine they would refuse. AND they're gonna get Drouin! And a ****ing 1st rounder! If anything I'm overpaying here by a far margin but when you give up an asset like AG for a guy like Drouin, YOU are taking the risk. In a cap casualty world, Killorn may actually end up being lost and God knows we're gonna get NOTHING for Drouin.

And assume Stamkos walks out folks.... it's ****ing DOOMSDAY in Tampa. Everyone duck and cover like they showed you in the black and white school films!

Filppula-Galchenyuk-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
JAM-Namestnikov-Brown
Condra-Boyle-Paquette

What a disaster... right? You move Flip to the wing to play with Callahan and do a damn good job at it like he's always done!

I swear I'm not trying to tell SFY how to do his job nor am I saying I'm qualified to be a GM. I simply want to demonstrate in a plausible scenario of how thinking ahead could save our bacon in case Stamkos bails on us

Right now all I want to see is the fact that Yzerman is planning for some kind of contingency past July 1st

Gtfo with that offer. I would have reservations about Killorn + 1st for Galchenyuk alone so you're giving Drouin away for free. Drouin with a medium + should be enough.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Gtfo with that offer. I would have reservations about Killorn + 1st for Galchenyuk alone so you're giving Drouin away for free. Drouin with a medium + should be enough.

Well like I said, I'm no GM but I just want to make a scenario where we lose a guy like Killorn but pick up an amazing asset in the process that covers us in the event of Stamkos leaving town. You say GTFO with that, I say GTFO with Yzerman saying: "Well we tried..." and all we are left with is this

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
JAM-Namestnikov-Brown
Condra-Boyle-Paquette

Completely unacceptable to me

We would pretty much be the Atlantic Division version of the St. Louis Blues with Kucherov playing the role of Tarasenko, Palat as Schwartz and Johnson as Stastny. You NEED ANOTHER "actually good" hockey player and AG is an "actually good" hockey player being held back by an idiot coach. Difference between he and Drouin is that AG is NHL ready and Cooper can slot him into the top 6 without "paying his dues" first

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The thing I don't get Sunny, is you're acting like Yzerman always stands pat. He's never been afraid to make a big trade or signing, if he thinks it's warranted.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The thing I don't get Sunny, is you're acting like Yzerman always stands pat. He's never been afraid to make a big trade or signing, if he thinks it's warranted.

I don't want to say that he always stands pat. You're right... he DOES make big moves when he feels they are needed. I just feel that is the WORST possible thing he can do right now since Stamkos has been acting coy and clueless since June of last year. Not to mention we can construct several arguments as to why the offense needs turnovers. If he walks we are SCREWED.

I don't need a BIG MOVE to be happy. I just want to see that he's actually thinking ahead. If Stamkos walks out on us then how friggin obvious is it going to be that we are in need of a #1C and other teams are going to charge us an arm and a leg?

HotPaquette

Apr 7, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
I really like that offer of Drouin+Killorn+1st for Galchenyuk. Killorn is a solid player and it would hurt to see him go but he will likely be a cap casualty and we have the pipeline to replace him in the future. Drouin's value is diminished and there's no way he would fetch a player like Gally on his own. Losing a first rounder isn't a huge loss, we have plenty of solid prospects that are still developing and we have always had success in the later rounds.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I really like that offer of Drouin+Killorn+1st for Galchenyuk. Killorn is a solid player and it would hurt to see him go but he will likely be a cap casualty and we have the pipeline to replace him in the future. Drouin's value is diminished and there's no way he would fetch a player like Gally on his own. Losing a first rounder isn't a huge loss, we have plenty of solid prospects that are still developing and we have always had success in the later rounds.

It's a Killorn too much. Drouin and a 1st ought to get it done. Maybe it wouldn't for other teams, but for Montreal? Yeah that should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad