Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation PART II

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Half of Tyler Johnson's 12 goals are game-winners.

1f00f3bd9749a7b6c3392fc763a4df9b_400x400.jpeg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
have to bump this on principle

so far today have heard we will lose stamkos so

we need to trade drouin bishop tyler johnson koekkoek

in order to keep hedman palat kucherov not sure who else lol

ohh yes was told we would be lucky to get rid of carle or callahan

i mean never mind that stevie f yzerman turned the whole roster over twice in 5 years lol

but yes you guessed it this is all leaf fans

really getting tired of other fan bases criticizing our players and team. Worry about your own damn team. Lol

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
really getting tired of other fan bases criticizing our players and team. Worry about your own damn team. Lol

I find it funny when they tell us how badly our team will suck if we don't give Stamkos 11m and get bothered if we don't care. Like they're emotionally invested in the potential suckage of the Bolts. I mean okay thanks why do you care so much ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I find it funny when they tell us how badly our team will suck if we don't give Stamkos 11m and get bothered if we don't care. Like they're emotionally invested in the potential suckage of the Bolts. I mean okay thanks why do you care so much ?

i love stamkos the human being
love him being our guy and captain and all that entails

but but but

addition by subtraction in this situation because of cap will not make me think any bad thoughts whatsoever if that is what happens or if he wants to just move on im good with it

love to keep him but not losing sleep and honestly know in my mind and heart cooper has no clue whatsoever how to use him

or even use his strengths and get others to handle his weaknesses

to me thats sad a guy this level who is assigned to play ways that dont best suit him and costs him not being imho in top five players in the nhl right now

i dont buy into anything on leg anymore etc.. its cooper having stamkos do things and focus on things not his strength over using him in his strengths to get the most for our team overall out of him

hope that makes sense but every time i see him chasing the puck carrier in other end i get pissed off

hes not great at it put someone on his line palat who is let them chase

stamkos be ready to break out on a rush :)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
A lot of expansion draft format stuff coming out of the GM meetings. Sounds like teams will be only able to protect one goaltender. Can also only lose one player max.

That would suck. Rather than get out of a Filppula or Callahan contract, we lose a Bishop or a Vasilevskiy.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
A lot of expansion draft format stuff coming out of the GM meetings. Sounds like teams will be only able to protect one goaltender. Can also only lose one player max.

That would suck. Rather than get out of a Filppula or Callahan contract, we lose a Bishop or a Vasilevskiy.

At that point we'd probably protect Vasy and if Bishop got claimed we'd clear a ton of cap space. Still not ideal but it wouldn't be too bad.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Northern hockey elitism leading into jealousy.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Just by the numbers (and for the laugh)

Player X

skater.jpg

- 26 points in 996 ES minutes (1.56 point / 60 minutes)
- Shots/60: 6.32
- Offensive zone start: 38.5%
- PDO: 101.5
- Corsi For: 51.4% (Team Corsi For when off the ice: 52.6%)
- Scoring Chance: 49.6%
- High-Danger Chance: 49.9% (when Off-ice: 53.5%)
- Quality of teammates: 17:20 TOI
- Quality of competition: 17:36 TOI

Player Y

skater.jpg

- 22 points in 808 ES minutes (1.63 point / 60 minutes)
- Shots/60: 5.65
- Offensive zone start: 34.6%
- PDO: 102.2
- Corsi For: 55% (Team Corsi For when off the ice: 50.9%)
- Scoring Chance: 55%
- High-Danger Chance: 57.5% (when Off-ice: 49.9%)
- Quality of competition: 17:06 TOI

Last edited:

JS91

May 14, 2014
So we still got at least a year before the expansion draft hits if they decide to do it. Bettman said that they might be able to make it happen as early as 17-18 but it could also drag on to 18-19.

Still, I'd imagine that next year will be the year when one of our goalies gets moved. It's pretty obvious that if we don't do it one of them will get claimed. Bishop would get the expansion team an elite goalie right now and Vasy would solve their goaltending problems for the next 15+ years. I personally would rather keep Vasy because not only would he be considerably cheaper than Bishop who is already in his prime, he also has the potential to be better than him. Also there's fact that Vasy is still somehow just 21 years old and he's already an NHL caliber goalie.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Won't DeAngelo be eligible to be drafted as well? I assume we protect Hedman, Stralman, and one of Garrison/Coburn (probably Garrison).

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Won't DeAngelo be eligible to be drafted as well? I assume we protect Hedman, Stralman, and one of Garrison/Coburn (probably Garrison).

We're talking about 2+ years from now. The team won't look like it does now and various players will no longer be protected that would be if the draft was today

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We're talking about 2+ years from now. The team won't look like it does now and various players will no longer be protected that would be if the draft was today

I'm thinking under the assumption that the expansion draft happens during the summer of 2017. Point taken though, one of Coburn/Garrison could fall off, Sustr could blossom into a beast, etc. DeAngelo's projection will still be unclear in 2017 IMO, will need a couple more years before we know what we have. Might be a safe bet that he'll be unprotected, but who knows.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm thinking under the assumption that the expansion draft happens during the summer of 2017. Point taken though, one of Coburn/Garrison could fall off easily. DeAngelo's projection will still be unclear in 2017 IMO, will need a couple more years before we know what we have. Might be a safe bet that he'll be unprotected, but who knows.

Yeah it depends on when it is. Are AHL guys protected ? I very strongly doubt he'll be a regular roster player any time soon. If he isn't on the roster then it might not be an issue. Same for all the other prospects. I know ELCs are protected but his will probably expire before 2018.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah it depends on when it is. Are AHL guys protected ? I very strongly doubt he'll be a regular roster player any time soon. If he isn't on the roster then it might not be an issue. Same for all the other prospects. I know ELCs are protected but his will probably expire before 2018.

If the player has played at least 2 seasons in the AHL by then, they are eligible.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We could actually keep both Bishop and Vasilevskiy if we re-signed Bishop and gave him a NMC.

EDIT: nvm, misread the tweet. If a player has a NMC they have to be on the protected list.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just by the numbers (and for the laugh)

Player X

skater.jpg

- 26 points in 996 ES minutes (1.56 point / 60 minutes)
- Shots/60: 6.32
- Offensive zone start: 38.5%
- PDO: 101.5
- Corsi For: 51.4% (Team Corsi For when off the ice: 52.6%)
- Scoring Chance: 49.6%
- High-Danger Chance: 49.9% (when Off-ice: 53.5%)
- Quality of competition: 17:36 TOI

Player Y

skater.jpg

- 22 points in 808 ES minutes (1.56 point / 60 minutes)
- Shots/60: 5.65
- Offensive zone start: 34.6%
- PDO: 102.2
- Corsi For: 55% (Team Corsi For when off the ice: 50.9%)
- Scoring Chance: 55%
- High-Danger Chance: 57.5% (when Off-ice: 49.9%)
- Quality of competition: 17:06 TOI

Is it Bish and Vasi?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If the player has played at least 2 seasons in the AHL by then, they are eligible.

Players on an ELC are exempt from being selected. If you only played 2 AHL seasons then you still have a year left on your ELC typically.

If the draft is in 17 I'm not sure we have to protect Bishop since he'll be a UFA.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Players on an ELC are exempt from being selected. If you only played 2 AHL seasons then you still have a year left on your ELC typically.

If the draft is in 17 I'm not sure we have to protect Bishop since he'll be a UFA.

That's not what TSN is reporting.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-presents-potential-expansion-draft-plans-1.454239

Teams under the current plan could protect seven forwards, three defencemen and one goaltender or eight skaters and a goaltender. First- and second-year pros in any league are automatically exempt.

So unless they clarify that ELC players are off limits (possible), third-year pros still employed by an ELC are fair game.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

We could protect both. Make a side deal with the teams picking to send them a draft pick or a decent prospect if they don't grab Vasya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad