Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation PART II

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is pretty awesome.

Stammer isn't a small guy but standing next to three of the tallest guys on our roster makes even him look short.

Victor Hedman looks like the biggest guy on the team.

Steven Stamkos looks like the late Layne Staley, of Alice in Chains fame.

When I first saw the pic, I wasn't sure what it was, because the first face I looked at was Nikita Kucherov's, and I thought he was Charlie Day from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Victor Hedman looks like the biggest guy on the team.

Steven Stamkos looks like the late Layne Staley, of Alice in Chains fame.

When I first saw the pic, I wasn't sure what it was, because the first face I looked at was Nikita Kucherov's, and I thought he was Charlie Day from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

I don't think Kuch is in that pic, I think you can see TJ in the background but on the pic from left to right I think it's Bish, Boyle, Stammer, Hedman, Carle, Killorn and Cally.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think Kuch is in that pic, I think you can see TJ in the background but on the pic from left to right I think it's Bish, Boyle, Stammer, Hedman, Carle, Killorn and Cally.

Correction: I thought Cally was Charlie Day, and then Kuch. ;)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Correction: I thought Cally was Charlie Day, and then Kuch. ;)

I agree with you on the Charlie Day comparison, I also always though that Cally and Kuch have a very similar look, even out on the ice (and I’m not comparing them because their play style is different) but the way they move and their look is pretty similar, at least at first glance and especially during the playoffs when they both were growing their beard out, I always had to look twice (when you just saw them and not their line mates that is). Though I can't deny that watching games online might have something to do with it as well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't believe I've never noticed this before:

7c1405e68f437a0ebbb5cbdf5955262e.jpg

layne_staley.jpg

That's what Stamkos would look like with a serious drug problem. ;)

And, my favorite, that didn't work as a pic in the post, is Stammer playing bass: http://s245.photobucket.com/user/layngel/media/Layne/LayneStaley_411_zps7e78e1d1.jpg.html

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Just noticed Adam Ernes girlfriends last name is Paquet. SHould have potential for some proper Paquette Paquet fun :D

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Do we only keep Killorn if Stamkos walks? Wondering how much money he'll think he deserves. I can't see paying him $5+. Maybe 4m.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If Stamkos leaves then he stays, I don't think anyone leaves if Stamkos stays to be honest. We can afford to keep them then. However we could take a big chunk of the money we save and spend it on someone in the summer. Who knows, I really have no idea what Yzerman is going to do, only he does. Yzerman is hard to read, you don't know if he's going to make some amazing trade or do nothing at all.. Trade Deadline this year showed that

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
If Stamkos leaves then he stays, I don't think anyone leaves if Stamkos stays to be honest. We can afford to keep them then. However we could take a big chunk of the money we save and spend it on someone in the summer. Who knows, I really have no idea what Yzerman is going to do, only he does. Yzerman is hard to read, you don't know if he's going to make some amazing trade or do nothing at all.. Trade Deadline this year showed that

So long as we dump Carle, you're right. BUT what if Yzerman gives in and pays Stamkos 9m+ and the cap doesn't really go up? That'd force us to make some tough decisions. How much will Kooch want?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So long as we dump Carle, you're right. BUT what if Yzerman gives in and pays Stamkos 9m+ and the cap doesn't really go up? That'd force us to make some tough decisions. How much will Kooch want?

Kuch is coming into his bridge deal but I'd be fine with locking him up for a while, rather than the TyJo/Palat deal.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm interested in Killorn if Stamkos is re-signed. What do you want in return for him? Also, how is he as a center?

Thanks!

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Yes but I doubt Killorn leaves due to yzerman is not going to cave into Stamkos contract demands

It'll be interesting to see but Killorn is not a MUST-HAVE player for us. He'll play well for a couple weeks, looking like a good top 6'er, nice power forward with good tools, then disappear and look totally lost for a month. That's not a guy you cough up $5m or more for.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It'll be interesting to see but Killorn is not a MUST-HAVE player for us. He'll play well for a couple weeks, looking like a good top 6'er, nice power forward with good tools, then disappear and look totally lost for a month. That's not a guy you cough up $5m or more for.

Yzerman gives him the coburn offer for 3 years 3.7 per I'd bet I can't see us going past 4 per year for him.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Is Quenneville available?

I don't think he would be available as it would go against our plans to add more youth and skill in our prospect pool. In reality we would like to offer draft picks and/or defensive depth. The value is fair though.

Not for Killorn.

Yes but I doubt Killorn leaves due to yzerman is not going to cave into Stamkos contract demands

I'm assuming that this is if Stamkos is re-signed. If he is not, I don't see Tampa trading him.

Also he plays left wing this year, correct? I see he is listed as a center on NHL.com. Is he valuable as a center. The Devils have a huge void at 3rd line center that we need to fill in the offseason. Jacob Josefson just does not cut it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's amazing how 5 out of 6 of our top 6 forwards from last season, Stamkos, Flip, Palat, Johnson, and Callahan are all having down production seasons and yet we are pretty much in the same place as last year. I think it shows how good our D and Bish has been.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
I don't think he would be available as it would go against our plans to add more youth and skill in our prospect pool. In reality we would like to offer draft picks and/or defensive depth. The value is fair though.

Not for Killorn.

I'm assuming that this is if Stamkos is re-signed. If he is not, I don't see Tampa trading him.

Also he plays left wing this year, correct? I see he is listed as a center on NHL.com. Is he valuable as a center. The Devils have a huge void at 3rd line center that we need to fill in the offseason. Jacob Josefson just does not cut it.

Killorn is an abysmal C, hes best served as 2nd line pwf,always scores 15+30 and is great in the POs.

Honestly, if we move him, Severson could be pretty close in value.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Not for Killorn.

Killorn is not available for Merrill, Severson is the only piece you have of interest that would be available.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
have to bump this on principle

so far today have heard we will lose stamkos so

we need to trade drouin bishop tyler johnson koekkoek

in order to keep hedman palat kucherov not sure who else lol

ohh yes was told we would be lucky to get rid of carle or callahan

i mean never mind that stevie f yzerman turned the whole roster over twice in 5 years lol

but yes you guessed it this is all leaf fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad