Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, that would be an appropriate term to describe getting a player of Karlsson's caliber outside of the top-10 (Top-5? Top-3?)in any draft year.

You could make a case for him being a grand slam for outside the top 2.

3 OA picks that maybe you can argue could likely have or had better careers than Karlsson is likely to have:

H Sedin, Toews, Neidermayer, Savard.... that's pretty much it as far as I can tell.

HoffStoneKarl*

We already did hit a home run and his name is Mark Stone. Pair him with the right center and this guy can be the dominant force on a 200ft ice surface against anyone. Stone basically plays the role of a C when he's out there the way he gets the puck back for his linemates and distributes the rock. A true elite #1 would be nice, but we don't need one to be contenders as long as Stone and Karlsson are here.

I fully agree with you on Stone. And ya he is like Kane and Benn how they are wingers that play the position like a centre. They are all over the ice and dominant when they are on.

I disagree with you on us being contenders because we have Karlsson and Stone. To win the cup we need another guy or two on their level as well on top of the guys we have

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I fully agree with you on Stone. And ya he is like Kane and Benn how they are wingers that play the position like a centre. They are all over the ice and dominant when they are on.

I disagree with you on us being contenders because we have Karlsson and Stone. To win the cup we need another guy or two on their level as well on top of the guys we have

I think he meant that Stone is like having an Elite #1 center, cuz of the way he play.

So we have our ''#1 elite C'' in Stone and #1 Elite D in Karlsson. Now we need to surround them correctly.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So the media is once again hyping up that there will be tons of trades this month.

Even with the expansion draft coming, i call ********.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm on mobile so cant post it, but Adrian Dater tweeted that teams are getting 10 mil this year and 6 mil at a later date from Las Vegas.

Hoffman is a very happy man with this news. Theres no way he doesnt get signed now unless hes asking for 6+.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Karlsson - grand slam
Stone - home run
Hoffman - home run
Ceci - triple

and I would bet that at the least Ottawa hits a double with Perron, White & Chabot. Anytime you get on base their is the possibility of getting a run & Ottawa needs all the runs they can get. Love the baseball analogy. :laugh:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You could make a case for him being a grand slam for outside the top 2.

3 OA picks that maybe you can argue could likely have or had better careers than Karlsson is likely to have:

H Sedin, Toews, Neidermayer, Savard.... that's pretty much it as far as I can tell.

I understand you're just point out the "competition".

I just wanna point out though that he will, very likely, trash Henrik and Toews by the end of his career.

Right now it's close though, for sure.

HoffStoneKarl*

I just wanna point out though that he will, very likely, trash Henrik and Toews by the end of his career.

It's going to be tough to trash Toews career wise though, even if he is the better player

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If he has a near PPG career as a defenseman he thrases Toews even with all of Toews' championships.

He already has an Olympic Silver, if he adds other hardware from the Olympics and obviously a Stanley Cup, Conn Smyth, Lindsey it becomes AINEC.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
There's no way a grand slam would describe Karlsson.

I think if you're going with baseball analogies, you have to go with a no-hit game pitched or something.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm on mobile so cant post it, but Adrian Dater tweeted that teams are getting 10 mil this year and 6 mil at a later date from Las Vegas.

Hoffman is a very happy man with this news. Theres no way he doesnt get signed now unless hes asking for 6+.

Why is Las Vegas giving NHL teams money?

The expansion hasn't been green lit yet.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
There's no way a grand slam would describe Karlsson.

I think if you're going with baseball analogies, you have to go with a no-hit game pitched or something.
if we're gonna go with rare events, then how bit it's like killing a bird with one baseball?

HoffStoneKarl*

If he has a near PPG career as a defenseman he thrases Toews even with all of Toews' championships.

He already has an Olympic Silver, if he adds other hardware from the Olympics and obviously a Stanley Cup, Conn Smyth, Lindsey it becomes AINEC.

I dunno. Toews already has 3 cups, 2 Olympic golds, WJ gold, Selke, Conne Smythe, Mark Messier award.

As far as better players go Karlsson will probably end up the better player, but Toews has a resume that will be tough to beat

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Karlsson will eclipse Niedermayer as well. Already has more Norris Trophies, already has 3 seasons with more points, and will eclipse him in career points before he's 30. I don't even know if Niedermayer was better defensively by this point in his career (I was too young to really tell).

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

All teams?! Or just teams in their television market?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Why is Dater the only one tweeting about this? I haven't seen anything from McKenzie, Dreger and Friedman.

Bobby Mac doesn't usually tweet about this stuff until it's set in stone, so that's not all that surprising. Definitely a bit surprised we haven't heard anything from Dreger or Friedman though.

The math checks out though (as SMA pointed out) and it's pretty much the worst kept secret in hockey that a team will eventually end up there. So I'm sure it's just a matter of it actually being announced.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Bobby Mac doesn't usually tweet about this stuff until it's set in stone, so that's not all that surprising. Definitely a bit surprised we haven't heard anything from Dreger or Friedman though.

The math checks out though (as SMA pointed out) and it's pretty much the worst kept secret in hockey that a team will eventually end up there. So I'm sure it's just a matter of it actually being announced.

Yeah, I think it's just a matter of time. My question is are we going to see 16 teams in each conference? Do we also see relocation?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't it a bit unusual that they would only have one team join the NHL in an expansion draft? Is there not any talk of another Western team also joining the NHL at the same time as Las Vegas? The East has 16 teams & the West has 14 teams, isn't a bit weird that they would have 15 teams? What about Seattle or Portland?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Isn't it a bit unusual that they would only have one team join the NHL in an expansion draft? Is there not any talk of another Western team also joining the NHL at the same time as Las Vegas? The East has 16 teams & the West has 14 teams, isn't a bit weird that they would have 15 teams? What about Seattle or Portland?

San Jose joined the league by themselves, maybe Nashville too? I agree though, it makes more sense to have 2 teams join. I'm not a fan of having more than 30 teams though. If they are going to have more than 30, have 32, not 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad