Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Eriksson would be such a good addition, depending on cost of course. Plus it would add a LH shot to the PP, which should really help.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Pierre Dorion was on TSN1200 today and when asked about shaking up the roster he said that he has a clear vision of what he wants to do but will get the input from the rest of the management group and coaching staff. When asked about trades he mentioned that it is unlikely that they go for a big trade and that they are most likely targeting role players.

From a UFA perspective that seems somewhat conducive to the list I had posted earlier. As far as trades go the initial players that come to mind that are rumored to be available are Andrew Shaw and Scott Hartnell.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I think we definitely target Eriksson.

Him and Karlsson are BFFS. Eriksson provides MUCH needed puck-possession and scoring touch on the PP. He's also savvy player and 2 way guy who can play both winger positions.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Eriksson
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone

Look at those 3 lines babes.

Eriksson would be a great addition. I really think that we need to become a 4 line team.

The 4th line could look like some combination of Lazar, Paul, Dzingel, Puempel.

The only thing I think we're missing is grit and I dont mean an enforcer. I mean a couple solid two way guys who can hit and fight if they have to, but also play offensively.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Adding Erickson without subtracting anybody means diminishing returns. The improvement we get is offset by no longer giving somebody, say MacArthur, ice time in offensive situations. Then we're wasting the money we're paying him by not using him properly, as we watch his meagre trade value erode instead of rebuilding it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think a clever UFA forward and D acquisition can go a long way.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Hudler
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Paul/McCormick-Lazar-Chiasson/Dzingel

That's deeeep

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Chabot-Polak/Lovejoy
OR
UFA-Wideman

Deeeep.

I feel like a Red Light district worker saying deeep so much, but that's very deep.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Adding Erickson without subtracting anybody means diminishing returns. The improvement we get is offset by no longer giving somebody, say MacArthur, ice time in offensive situations. Then we're wasting the money we're paying him by not using him properly, as we watch his meagre trade value erode instead of rebuilding it.

I’m with you on this.

If we’re going to be adding, that player must bring something that we don’t have. Cup experience, toughness on top 6 or LH centre

Otherwise it’s similar to adding Bondra to our 2004 roster that was already full of skilled, soft, parameter players.

Othello*

Would be down for Hudler. He's a left hand shot so that's a plus.
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Hudler - Turris - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar
Smith - Paul - Neil (sigh)

Last edited by a moderator:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Eriksson would be such a good addition, depending on cost of course. Plus it would add a LH shot to the PP, which should really help.
I like him ,but with Mac and Hoffy ,he might be a bit expensive .For a top 9 winger

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
When asked about trades he mentioned that it is unlikely that they go for a big trade and that they are most likely targeting role players.

Two points here:

1) "Unlikely they go for a big trade" seems to insinuate that Hoffman will not be dealt. I mean, maybe he still will be, but this leans the discussion more towards the "we're keeping him" side of things, and

2) I hope "most likely targeting role players" is referring to our 3rd pairing. Preferably a RD with effective PK experience on the regular.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Two points here:

1) "Unlikely they go for a big trade" seems to insinuate that Hoffman will not be dealt. I mean, maybe he still will be, but this leans the discussion more towards the "we're keeping him" side of things, and

2) I hope "most likely targeting role players" is referring to our 3rd pairing. Preferably a RD with effective PK experience on the regular.
And maybe a good 3rd line RW to replace Stone with JGP and Smith??

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Who is putting Mark Stone on the 3rd line?

I think he was referring to these:

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Hudler
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone

That's deeeep

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Chabot-Polak/Lovejoy
OR
UFA-Wideman

Deeeep.

I feel like a Red Light district worker saying deeep so much, but that's very deep.

I think we definitely target Eriksson.

Him and Karlsson are BFFS. Eriksson provides MUCH needed puck-possession and scoring touch on the PP. He's also savvy player and 2 way guy who can play both winger positions.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Eriksson
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone

Look at those 3 lines babes.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Hudler
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone

That's deeeep

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Chabot-Polak/Lovejoy
OR
UFA-Wideman

Deeeep.

Maybe swap Stone and Hudler ,but yes i like that alot :handclap:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
2 weeks ago I might have called you crazy for suggesting we had a chance at Eriksson... but honestly, with all of the buzz around the Boucher hire, and Crow added as an assistant (who used to coach Eriksson), and all of the talk from our new coaches about this team being on the cusp of something really good, plus Eriksson's relationship with Karlsson....

... yeah. Yeah. I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it. :nod:

The only stumbling block is $$$. Let's see how committed we are.

Did anybody catch Crawford specifically mentionning Eriksson as one of the great swede's he's coached?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/crawford-explains-why-he-joined-boucher-in-ottawa~868344

See 18:50 ish mark

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For a decent 3rd line RW how about Dale Weiss??

Mac/turris/ryan

hoff/zib/stone

smith/jgp/weiss

Pretty solid top 9 :handclap:

Othello*

I'm worried about MacArthur tbh.

My bet is that we sign P.A Paranteau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad