Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Did Ceci not come up and stablise that second pairing ????The kid is 22 years old and is still growing ,why on earth would we trade him ??

No our defence was terrible. He came up. And our defence was still terrible. Two years later. Our defence is still terrible

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What was wrong with his two way game? These guys aren't incompetent lol.
There is nothing wrong with Erikksons two way game ,in fact he is known to be one of the better two way wingers in the game .Playing him on his offwing would hurt his play, in the defensive zone more so than if he played his natural side .It not going to happen anyhow ,so this whole point is moot to begin with

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The defense is and has been terrible because of the lack of puck skill on the left side ,Cowen and Wiercioch are the main reason,s for this .Both looked at one time to be both locks for the top 4 have fizzled. And now are more a problem than they ever will be a solution.

This issue we have also affects our forwards ,and is a big part as to why the coach is quick to scold our young LWer,s like Hoffman,Prince Puemple etc ,when they dont pay extra attention to their defensive assignments on the left side of the ice

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There is nothing wrong with Erikksons two way game ,in fact he is known to be one of the better two way wingers in the game .Playing him on his offwing would hurt his play, in the defensive zone more so than if he played his natural side .It not going to happen anyhow ,so this whole point is moot to begin with

Guess what wing he was playing in his highest Selke finish season? Stop, you have no clue and are trying to drive your agenda.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm so confused...

Loui Eriksson is a left handed winger, that was drafted as a LW, but has played both LW (3 best years in Dallas where he developed his reputation as an top two way player) and RW (currently in Boston).

Which side are we arguing is his off wing? Which side is his natural side? Why would him being versitile enough to play both wings not be considered a huge asset?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm so confused...

Loui Eriksson is a left handed winger, that was drafted as a LW, but has played both LW (3 best years in Dallas where he developed his reputation as an top two way player) and RW (currently in Boston).

Which side are we arguing is his off wing? Which side is his natural side? Why would him being versitile enough to play both wings not be considered a huge asset?
Yep just caught that ,if anything it proves my point even more .His best season as Pillgor pointed out was on his offwing ,which technically as most hockey people would say is his natural position .In him being left handed:nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We dont need a RW playing on his offwing ,at 6mil a season .So you stop :shakehead

He was drafted as a LW, and played his best years as a LW. He's currently playing his offwing, not the otherway around....

Beyond that, I don't care whether or not he's playing his offwing or not, I just care that he provide equal or better value to us as a team. If he performs at a level in line with what should be expected of a 6 mil dollar player, and does it on his off wing, great. I'm more than happy, even if he could play a little better on the other side.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He was drafted as a LW, and played his best years as a LW. He's currently playing his offwing, not the otherway around....

Beyond that, I don't care whether or not he's playing his offwing or not, I just care that he provide equal or better value to us as a team. If he performs at a level in line with what should be expected of a 6 mil dollar player, and does it on his off wing, great. I'm more than happy, even if he could play a little better on the other side.

Very well said, as usual.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

He is listed as a RW ,even though he is a left handed player .Now that i know he shoots the same side as where he should play ,iam all in for signing him :handclap:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm not the one making up things, which have been proven made up by lots of posters, and backtracking after being called out on being completely wrong.
I havent backtraced on anything ,i believed what i read which lists him as a RW ,so naturally i assumed he would be a right shot player .Now that i have seen he actually a left handed player ,and is mistakely listed as a RW .

I can see him being a great fit ,but it also serves to show you that a winger playing on his natural side is often far better than playing on his off wing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I havent backtraced on anything ,i believed what i read which lists him as a RW ,so naturally i assumed he would be a right shot player .Now that i have seen he actually a left handed player ,and is mistakely listed as a RW .

I can see him being a great fit ,but it also serves to show you that a winger playing on his natural side is often far better than playing on his off wing.

You are so stubborn it is ridiculous, actually blowing my mind.

You quite clearly don't understand the simple concept of backtracking either :laugh:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Google Loui Eriksson ,then go to Hockey DB .He is listed as a Left handed shooting RW ,does that make any sense to you ??

Yes, it makes a gigantic amount of sense. Look up Pavel Bure, Dave Andreychuk, etc. does that make sense, or will you use mental gymnastics to convince yourself that you are right and everyone else is wrong?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes, it makes a gigantic amount of sense. Look up Pavel Bure, Dave Andreychuk, etc. does that make sense, or will you use mental gymnastics to convince yourself that you are right and everyone else is wrong?
You make it sound common place ,when in fact its rare.Usually in hockey if you are a winger ,which way you shoot determines which side you are going to play .Right shooter =RW left shooter =LW .Dont know why its so hard for you to understand ,or why you choose to try and make yourself seem like iam the one that has no knowledge here

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You make it sound common place ,when in fact its rare.Usually in hockey if you are a winger ,which way you shoot determines which side you are going to play .Right shooter =RW left shooter =LW .Dont know why its so hard for you to understand ,or why you choose to try and make yourself seem like iam the one that has no knowledge here

And you're acting like it's absolutely bizarre to play the off wing.its not. Some players actually prefer it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

You are the one that is mistaken, I've played long enough and at a high enough level that I know how positions work, I honestly can't believe you are still defending this.

I'm sorry to tell you, you do seem like you have no idea. I'm certainly not over admitting I'm wrong, I am wrong many, many times. This is not one of them, you are 100% wrong.

You can say you learn things in peewee, that's fine. You also learn that things that you learn in peewee don't apply at higher levels.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Is there a rumoured asking value for him? I think a first plus would be were Boston is at though so, not sure he's within our reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad