Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm left handed, but throw right handed, catch left, bat right. I shoot right handed in hockey, golf right handed, but play pool (billiards) left handed, though I sometimes switch to shooting pool right handed rather shoot behind the back or get out the rake,

I'm right handed... shoot lefty in hockey, bat lefty in baseball, golf lefty, and snowboard goofy (aka "lefty").

I'm also a left-shooting defenceman who plays (and is significantly more comfortable) on the right side of the ice. Like Gonchar.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm right handed... shoot lefty in hockey, bat lefty in baseball, golf lefty, and snowboard goofy (aka "lefty").

I'm also a left-shooting defenceman who plays (and is significantly more comfortable) on the right side of the ice. Like Gonchar.

Oh, yeah, sure, compare yourself to the future hall of famer. No ego to speak of here...

Forgot to mention, I kick (soccer, and american football) right footed, though I suck close to equally at kicking with either foot.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I'm right handed... shoot lefty in hockey, bat lefty in baseball, and golf lefty, and snowboard goofy.

• Right handed
  • Shoot right, but prefer playing LD in pickup hockey; played RD and LD in Jr.A; LW/RW/RD in minor hockey. Loved playing LD on the PP.
  • Golf right
  • Bat right
  • Throw right
  • Snowboard goofy
  • Ambidextrous high-fiver

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Left shot on the right side is good the deeper you play in the offensive zone to get an angle on the net. But I find seem passes harder on the back hand but a harder dump along the boards around defense men.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Yeah I'm basically the exact opposite of this..

Left handed but I bat, shoot and swing right handed.

I do kick with the left, although my right kick is that much weaker.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm right handed, shoot right, played RW/C in Midget, and LW in JR. A + 3 game Q career lol.

Bat right and golf right also.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I'm righty almost everything. Hockey, golf, baseball throw, batting, writing, shooting (firearms), waterskiing, etc.

Except for pool, i hold a pool cue left handed, it's odd.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah I'm basically the exact opposite of this..

Left handed but I bat, shoot and swing right handed.

I do kick with the left, although my right kick is that much weaker.

I'm righty almost everything. Hockey, golf, baseball throw, batting, writing, shooting (firearms), waterskiing, etc.

Except for pool, i hold a pool cue left handed, it's odd.

I hold the pool cue in my left as well, also righty in everything else.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm left handed and do everything left handed. Playing hockey I shoot left because I am American and well, most of us Americans hold our sticks like we hold our baseball bats.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm left handed and do everything left handed. Playing hockey I shoot left because I am American and well, most of us Americans hold our sticks like we hold our baseball bats.

Which is, somewhat related to this discussion, why the Americans represent a drastically disproportionate number of right-shooting defenceman (when compared to the percentage of American NHLers) in the NHL compared to other nationalities, who generally are the opposite (ie: right handed players shooting on the left side).

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Which is, somewhat related to this discussion, why the Americans represent a drastically disproportionate number of right-shooting defenceman (when compared to the percentage of American NHLers) in the NHL compared to other nationalities, who generally are the opposite (ie: right handed players shooting on the left side).

Yeah and it's why I am a very below average puck handler in net because I am a full right goalie, but if I were to be a skater I shoot left. I've always tried to master the Cujo and Turco way of playing the puck but could never get it down. I also like to to do the ole Thomas Vokoun and kick my stick to pass the puck to a teammate.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
  • Right handed
  • Shoot right, but prefer playing LD in pickup hockey; played RD and LD in Jr.A; LW/RW/RD in minor hockey. Loved playing LD on the PP.
  • Golf right
  • Bat right
  • Throw right
  • Snowboard goofy
  • Ambidextrous high-fiver

Nice lol.

I do everything right handed although when it comes to accuracy i find using my left has is preferable. It feels slightly uncomfortable. I find i can hit, throw ect, ect harder with my right but i pull everything.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
It's always been curious to me, the handedness when it comes to sports equipment.

We can all chime in here..

I'm right handed , but when it comes to sports:

Hockey : shoot LHD
Golf : hit LHD
Baseball : bat left / throw right

I'm always found it odd for right handed people to hit/swing/shoot right handed. That's part obviously because I'm the opposite, but also because I find with all those actions that hitting /swinging/shooting/stickhandling with a left stance engaged what I felt to be the strong side of my body.

Back to topic, I've now come to rest firmly in the camp of "we need a Top 4D over anything else barring massive gift horse".

Right handed as well.

Shoot left in hockey and hit left in golf. I could switch hit in baseball as kid but gradually lost it and could only bat left when I got older.

There is something when you learn to do these things as a kid. I play beer league and I notice most of us that grew up with hockey shoot left. Newbies or people who started playing as an adult shoot right (almost exclusively).

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Righty for everything.

It was mentioned earlier, but apparently it's almost entirely dependent on what sport you learned first.

If you learn to swing a bat first (like most Americans would), your dominant hand is place closer to the point of contact than your left.

I had a friend who originally was righty for everything, but found a nice left handed road hockey stick, so he switched hands.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I play hockey/golf left and bat right but I use to be ambidextrous soo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad