Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IF (and it's a huge if) we were to have the money to re-sign Shattenkirk...
I'd be willing to do something like this (but both parts need to happen)

Step 1: Shattenkirk for Hoffman (plus pieces like picks and jr prospects to balance)
Step 2: Drouin+Carle for Prince+Cowen (plus pieces to balance salaries)

Shattenkirk can play left side, which means our PP could be Shattenkirk-Karlsson... and Methot-Shattenkirk could be second pairing, Claesson-Karlsson first pairing (which hasn't been that terrible), and Ceci anchors the third pairing with Wideman/Wiercioch.

Up front Drouin won't entirely replace Hoffman, but since Cameron likes to hassle the Hoff we're going to lose him anyway eventually, and I could see Cowen being sold as a kid who just needs a change of scenery. Plus Prince I think is still an interesting project. It's not like they're using Drouin right now anyway.

Carle is tossed in to maybe hopefully let us send Greening over the other way.

You know Steve Yzerman is the GM you think will take on
Prince, Cowen and possibly Greening. Where do you think he sees the value in this?

The (plus pieces) better be really good.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah possibly. Not sure I do that though

I'd add quite a bit to Zibanejad to get Galchenyuk, He's much more talented and he's playing good with terrible linemates right now. He's a lot more creative too, could do wonders with our other top 6 players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd add quite a bit to Zibanejad to get Galchenyuk, He's much more talented and he's playing good with terrible linemates right now. He's a lot more creative too, could do wonders with our other top 6 players.

Zibanejad and Chiasson for Galchenyuk.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Cowen for Tinordi, two big defencemen who need a change in scenery.

16436d1376331621-oil-catch-can-rqtbx.gif

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Cowen for Tinordi, two big defencemen who need a change in scenery.

Seriously though Tinordi was just traded today.

Also I think Cowen might actually be better than Tinordi (if you don't take into account Cowen's contract). He's been bad his whole career and even worse since getting his bell rung early last year.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't want Shattenkirk as a solution to to the top of our PP. IMO the biggest problem with this team right now is the PP set up (and why we've been the worst offensive team in the league since mid December). The three right hand shots at the top really limit options and shooting opportunities. With Shattenkirk, we're probably legitimately looking at 5 right shots on the top unit. Not a fan of that and with our limited resources, this would predictably make poor returns on our big investments.

As good as Shattenkirk is, I think we best look elsewhere.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
But.....that's basically straight ahead speed. It's definitely great to have (and I'm definitely not knocking it), but it's also not the end-all, be-all.

For a smaller guy like Drouin, you need 'elusive' speed. Agility. The turns, pivots, stops & starts are a lot more important. It's like Gretzky....the Great One would never win (or come close to winning) a fastest skater competition, but it was extremely rare for anyone to ever get a good hit on him because of his elusiveness.

Exactly. Greening was fastest player in the league too but with the puck the man was like a sleeping giant. Drouin is fast skate line skating but with the puck and elusiveness isn't as explosive as someone his size who is a star player. I am not saying Drouin is slow im saying I unno if he's quick enough around the ice to be a star player like 70+ points.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO if it wasnt for Yzerman we would have gotten Drouin. Last time Sens been linked to a player like this we got him(Turris).

Yzerman really wants him out west and the guy seems to always get what he wants.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Lmao they closed the main thread. I didnt say i wasnt willing to add to get a deal together. I heard philly wanted to rebuild but maybe im wrong

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lmao they closed the main thread. I didnt say i wasnt willing to add to get a deal together. I heard philly wanted to rebuild but maybe im wrong

Funny thing is, even though the value favors Ottawa, that's likely the kind of deal that would be made if Giroux wants out. Realistically, Philly wouldn't get more value than that. You never win a trade when your moving the best player in the deal.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
i honestly didn't think it was thaaat bad. i mean zibby (former 1st) prince a nice/young asset on Lw + 1st for rebuilding purposes. Heck i might even add in Lazar. 3 1st and a nice lw prospect. I unno:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad