Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Too lazy to check the last thread. Jakub Kindl on waivers. Left handed d with a fairly reasonable contract. I dint really know much about him but any good?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The only thing you get for trading a boat anchor is another boat anchor.

To get a decent 2nd pairing Defenseman (forget about getting a true first pairing), the Senators would have to give up a decent player with potential (such as Lazar or Ceci) and a high draft pick or highly valued prospect (such as Chabot or White). The Sens might get to to do a small salary dump at the same time (Greening).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wild start dangling zibanejad. Hedge all bets on white. Not that I agree with it. But sooner or later. We are going to have to place our bets somewhere.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I wild start dangling zibanejad. Hedge all bets on white. Not that I agree with it. But sooner or later. We are going to have to place our bets somewhere.

I would definitely swap him for the right 3/4 LHD. White may still be another year away (debut 2017/2018), but we can always fill the 2C hole either internally (Pageau/Dzingel) or sign a decent UFA (wouldn't mind giving Mike Richards a shot here depending on how his stint with the Caps goes, I think if he does decent he should only cost 3M max on a full 1 year deal).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would definitely swap him for the right 3/4 LHD. White may still be another year away (debut 2017/2018), but we can always fill the 2C hole either internally (Pageau/Dzingel) or sign a decent UFA (wouldn't mind giving Mike Richards a shot here depending on how his stint with the Caps goes, I think if he does decent he should only cost 3M max on a full 1 year deal).

Yeah I've said this before. I would reunite the kid line as our second line IF zibanejad is traded for a young top 4 d man. I would like to see what zibanejad could realistically return.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Very good possession numbers, but wings fans he is the worst D in the league :dunno:

Basically like Weircioch.

Fans here hate the man but he has some decent underlying numbers.

Yandle is available... Let me guess risk and expensive.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Remember when RORs asking price was zibanejad + 1st or 2nd I forget during his first hold out. In hindsight. Would you guys have paid that? Zibanejad plus 2nd I would definitely have paid. I feel like it was a 1st though. Which turned out to be Cody ceci.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Remember when RORs asking price was zibanejad + 1st or 2nd I forget during his first hold out. In hindsight. Would you guys have paid that? Zibanejad plus 2nd I would definitely have paid. I feel like it was a 1st though. Which turned out to be Cody ceci.

O'Reilly signed from age 25-33 is easily worth Zbad+a first. Was this a real life asking price, or just fans playing GM in the trade section?

I probably said it at the time, but despite Colorado getting a good return given the scenario, Buffalo STOLE O'Reilly at the price they paid for him. Look at how long Nashville spent looking for a true 1C.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
O'Reilly signed from age 25-33 is easily worth Zbad+a first. Was this a real life asking price, or just fans playing GM in the trade section?

I probably said it at the time, but despite Colorado getting a good return given the scenario, Buffalo STOLE O'Reilly at the price they paid for him. Look at how long Nashville spent looking for a true 1C.

I am almost positive that this was the asking price. 99%

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Yandle is going to be asking for a lot and plays some fairly soft minutes in NY.

He'd be a major upgrade, but we won't be able to give him those soft minutes...

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Yandle is going to be asking for a lot and plays some fairly soft minutes in NY.

He'd be a major upgrade, but we won't be able to give him those soft minutes...

Yandle was a beast for Arizona playing as many hard minutes as anyone. The money issue really is the problem, though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wouldn't have an issue giving Yandle the money. He's legit. NYR and Vigneault aren't the best fit for him. Hope he ends up somewhere he can let his wings stretch. I'd take him here any day of the week.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
According to Garrioch a few teams have expressed interest in Cowen.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've always been a big Cowen guy, but if we can move him and free up some money for next year, I'm down. I'd even take on another bad contract if it expires this year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I've always been a big Cowen guy, but if we can move him and free up some money for next year, I'm down. I'd even take on another bad contract if it expires this year.

Same.

I've been a big Cowen supporter, and I think he still could end up a solid 2nd pairing D, but it's time to move on. If I were Murray I'd take whatever I can get at this point just to get his 4.6M salary off the books for next year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Same.

I've been a big Cowen supporter, and I think he still could end up a solid 2nd pairing D, but it's time to move on. If I were Murray I'd take whatever I can get at this point just to get his 4.6M salary off the books for next year.

If he is traded and does become a solid 2nd pairing d, i hope Sens fans don't start talking **** about the trade and how Murray messed up.

Truth is he won't work here. I feel like if he goes to a team where he will be able to be properly sheltered and what not, he will start to improve.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Cowen still has a chance at becoming good: too much of an impressive tool box to give up on this early considering he's pretty much stalled in his development.

Some GM is going to think "we can get him back on track"; it's just a matter of Murray making that other GM pay up to get a crack at it.

If Cowen becomes good, he should be really solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad