Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On one hand Hejda is old and terrible. On the other hand there's a Tourigny connection from having coached him in Colorado, and apparently he was a big fan.

How do you make room on the roster? Guess they could waive Wideman.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
On one hand Hejda is old and terrible. On the other hand there's a Tourigny connection from having coached him in Colorado, and apparently he was a big fan.

How do you make room on the roster? Guess they could waive Wideman.

Cowen waived/traded/boughtout

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Given the low value of the Canadian dollar and the fact that NHL salaries are in USA bucks, I don't see the Senators making any trades that will add to the payroll this season. So, there is no hope to improve this team in the short run. The bubble has now burst. The trend is down the standings and OUT of the playoffs. I see no signs indicating potential improvement during the next half of this season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Given the low value of the Canadian dollar and the fact that NHL salaries are in USA bucks, I don't see the Senators making any trades that will add to the payroll this season. So, there is no hope to improve this team in the short run. The bubble has now burst. The trend is down the standings and OUT of the playoffs. I see no signs indicating potential improvement during the next half of this season.

Well there is wiercioches return to last seasons form. As well as Hoffman heating up again. Zibanejads return to form. Lazar may come into his own. These are all things that could potentially happen that could get us into the payoffs.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well there is wiercioches return to last seasons form. As well as Hoffman heating up again. Zibanejads return to form. Lazar may come into his own. These are all things that could potentially happen that could get us into the payoffs.

uhh...what form

the handful of games where he didnt turn over the puck like crazy and give the other team prime scoring chances

i rather we dont even give him a chance to return to form and have him watch

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wiercioch has improved...from the worst defenseman in the league the first 10-15 games to a below average bottom pairing D in the last 20.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
uhh...what form

the handful of games where he didnt turn over the puck like crazy and give the other team prime scoring chances

i rather we dont even give him a chance to return to form and have him watch

Well as oppose to what though? You rather we don't give him a chance to return to form. Okay. What's the alternative. Play cowen?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well as oppose to what though? You rather we don't give him a chance to return to form. Okay. What's the alternative. Play cowen?

Claesson/Methot-Karlsson
Claesson/methot-ceci
Boro-wideman

That looks more stable than what we are running now and our defenceman get to play on their proper sides (something that seems foreign to our management)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

They could, but I am not optimistic that they will. One miracle run to the playoffs is not going to be repeated two years in a row. There are too many "ifs" involved. And no more money to be spent due to the C$. So, prospects are bleak. I hope I am wrong but rational thought tells me otherwise.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They could, but I am not optimistic that they will. One miracle run to the playoffs is not going to be repeated two years in a row. There are too many "ifs" involved. And no more money to be spent due to the C$. So, prospects are bleak. I hope I am wrong but rational thought tells me otherwise.

I don't think things are as bad as they were last year. So a miracle won't be needed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Cowen and Weir are pretty much equal in terms of how many positives versus how many negatives they bring to the table.

Preferring one over the other at this point is silly.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Cowen and Weir are pretty much equal in terms of how many positives versus how many negatives they bring to the table.

Preferring one over the other at this point is silly.

Last few games wiercioch has clearly been the better option over what cowen was bringing before he was scratched. If he continues like this then it is very easy to prefer one over the other

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Last few games wiercioch has clearly been the better option over what cowen was bringing before he was scratched. If he continues like this then it is very easy to prefer one over the other

...and Cowen had some good games before he went over a cliff.

That's the problem with both of these guys. Neither one is truly a legit second pairing guy. Both of them are fringe third pairing NHLers. You'll get a few good games here and there, but most of the time, they're just not good enough.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Colin White and Matt Puempel for Shea Theodore.

Two potential top 6 forwards for one potential top 2 defenceman.

Does either side consider it? HF has White as an 8.0C, Puempel as a 7.0B and Theodore as an 8.0C (and #20 prospect overall).

Theodore just started regular minutes in the NHL due to Fowler's injury and quickly went from 15 minutes a night to 21 minutes a night over the course of just six games.

Sorry this is off the wall, I'm just tired of repeating the Cowen/Wier are terrible discussion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Colin White and Matt Puempel for Shea Theodore.

Two potential top 6 forwards for one potential top 2 defenceman.

Does either side consider it? HF has White as an 8.0C, Puempel as a 7.0B and Theodore as an 8.0C (and #20 prospect overall).

Theodore just started regular minutes in the NHL due to Fowler's injury and quickly went from 15 minutes a night to 21 minutes a night over the course of just six games.

Sorry this is off the wall, I'm just tired of repeating the Cowen/Wier are terrible discussion.

I think both sides would rather just keep their top prospects.

I would look at Eric gelinas. He's been getting scratched but seemingly decent numbers

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I think both sides would rather just keep their top prospects.

I would look at Eric gelinas. He's been getting scratched but seemingly decent numbers

He has an cannon of a shot, but his defence is a little lacking. I wouldn't mind him, but I don't think he's a solution. Great PP partner for EK though.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He has an cannon of a shot, but his defence is a little lacking. I wouldn't mind him, but I don't think he's a solution. Great PP partner for EK though.

If we are only gonna look at people who are guarenteed solutions then we will be looking forever.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we are only gonna look at people who are guarenteed solutions then we will be looking forever.

You know what is interesting or funny whichever way you look at it, but if Phillips were healthy he might make a pretty good partner for Wideman on the 3rd pairing but that would mean sitting out Cowen, Wiercioch & Boro which might make some on here happy.

IMO BM needs to move at least one defenceman if not two & the guys they want to trade have lost their value. And if they are not playing then how are scouts who are now travelling around NHL rinks going to be able to assess them? IMO BM needs to make a quantity for quality type deal which seems is something we talk about every yr to reduce the number of bodies in Ottawa. I also think that Cowen & Prince & maybe Chiasson could likely be part of any deal to make more room on the roster. Would Philly take those three & a 1st for Simmons or Brayden Schenn?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You know what is interesting or funny whichever way you look at it, but if Phillips were healthy he might make a pretty good partner for Wideman on the 3rd pairing but that would mean sitting out Cowen, Wiercioch & Boro which might make some on here happy.

IMO BM needs to move at least one defenceman if not two & the guys they want to trade have lost their value. And if they are not playing then how are scouts who are now travelling around NHL rinks going to be able to assess them? IMO BM needs to make a quantity for quality type deal which seems is something we talk about every yr to reduce the number of bodies in Ottawa. I also think that Cowen & Prince & maybe Chiasson could likely be part of any deal to make more room on the roster. Would Philly take those three & a 1st for Simmons or Brayden Schenn?

Scary thing for me is. The last Chris Phillips that we saw, was worse than wier or cowen right now IMO.

Simmons probably not. Brayden schenn maybe. But it's cowens salary that's the real killer. I'm sure if he were making a million there would be some team out there that would say sure I'll take him. But 4.5 million next year? That's extreme.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If Hoffman walks you get ride of the whole coaching staff and Management staff.:handclap:

You may be able to write off the whole management staff, but at least you'd be impressed with Hoffman's magician skills. Pretty impressive for an RFA to "walk" when that isn't possible

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006

No, they absolutely wouldn't. Their defence is terrible for the most part, adding Cowen would make it a total disaster. I think they already have too many defencemen at the moment anyhow. As for the rest, I don't see any NHL team taking all those parts in exchange for a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad