Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
getting scandella would be pretty good too. Wild need to shed Salary.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I have a feeling we're gonna land Edler.

A 2 way mid aged top pairing guy who'll improve the defense and Ceci's development tremendously while also playing with Karlsson when we need a goal.

Canucks also sliding down the standings and aren't gonna compete any time soon so he'll likely be made available.

I'd presume the price would be 1st+Lazar or something like that.

Methot-Karlsson
Edler-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

or

Edler-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

That's a contending top 6 d-corps imo.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Gross. He's Patrick Wiercioch with hair. Hate him as player.

He's definitely, definitely better than Wiercioch. I mean, Del Z can actually skate faster than molasses falling downhill, so right there he's got a massive leg up on Wier.

Not saying he's good, but given that Cowen and Del Zaverage have roughly the same salary, if you are giving me a choice between the two, I take Del Z 100/100 times.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
That's the exact problem.

Ryan Johansen has proven he can produce and score as a #1/#2 centre.

Z-bad hasn't yet.

I like Zibanejad. I like his potential. It would take a lot for me to consider moving him. Johansen is that kind of 'alot'.

Compare that to the Duchene rumours with Zibanejad. You are giving up your big centreman for the pure skill guy, and hoping you don't get burned by lack of size in a playoff series one day.

Zibanejad for a Johansen is a different comparison.

So when opportunities like this come up.. you are left with a hard choice which is what the GM and staff get paid the big bucks for. Hard objective look at whether "your guy" will ever be as good as the guy potentially available.

But I just see Johansen as the same size frame, the same age, with better hands and more scoring upside.

So you are then left comparing Zibanejad's unknowable potential upside, to Ryan Johansen's question marks and if he can be that guy that scored 30G and put up 63 and 70 pt seasons.

It's just one of the more interesting and realistic possibilities to think about. Johansen and Bobby Ryan on the same line?

What would it take for Zibanejad to prove that he's producing like a 2nd line center if producing lke a 2nd line center isn't good enough for you?

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
What would it take for Zibanejad to prove that he's producing like a 2nd line center if producing lke a 2nd line center isn't good enough for you?

You are right, I'm wrong.

Zbad is pacing 50+ pts which is good for a 2nd line centre.

Johansen has shown he could fill the #1 spot, Zibanejad has not.

Talking about swapping them is not crazy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
From reading around at CBJ fans and some other stuff, it seems RYJ's problem has been attitude/lack of effort for quite a while now. Most if not all CBJ fans seem content with benching RYJ for his lack of effort

That is a massive red flag for me. For the fans in Columbus saying ok to healthy scratch their top player and only real star, especially a fanbase with few legit stars in franchise history....that is freaking huge.

I don't Johansen will turn out like Seguin (a misunderstood guy who suddenly matured after a big trade). This kid is trending the opposite way. He got a nice contract after holding out, now he's floating.

As talented as he is, I don't feel comfortable trading any assets for that kid. It feels like that kid is too toxic for a young team like ours.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have a feeling we're gonna land Edler.

A 2 way mid aged top pairing guy who'll improve the defense and Ceci's development tremendously while also playing with Karlsson when we need a goal.

Canucks also sliding down the standings and aren't gonna compete any time soon so he'll likely be made available.

I'd presume the price would be 1st+Lazar or something like that.

Methot-Karlsson
Edler-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

or

Edler-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

That's a contending top 6 d-corps imo.

That would have to be lotto protected.

In all honesty, if we had Elder on the team, a lot of folks here would be very disappointed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That would have to be lotto protected.

In all honesty, if we had Elder on the team, a lot of folks here would be very disappointed.

that's how I feel about a lot of trades proposals... elder has be kinda crappy. while he used to be quite good, many want him. Del zotto has seemingly created a good thing for himself now, but used to be crap, most posters don't want him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Zibanejad + 1st plus middling prospect for Joey...would be an unreal pick up

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol, we're trying shore up a number 3 defender not a bottom pair one.

Look we have 3 D that are very lucky to be in the NHL. We are hurt by these guys every time we play them. We need D with some hockey ability, sense and hands.
Even if they are on par with these guys speed wise. But speed helps as well.

LfnOL.
A top 4 would be great, also expensive.
So maybe we should make a list of 4,5,6 NHL Defensemen better than these 3 guys. Lets get better. I am so tired of seeing the bobbles and missed passes and poor decisions and lack of strength on the puck and inability to exit our zone cleanly... Its embarrassingly bad.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Agreed.

All I was saying was that if you are going to give me a choice between Del Zotto, Cowen and Wiercioch (and only those three) I'll take Del Z.

Del Z takes a lot of heat when in reality he does bring an over average offence and can hit.

He's stronger on his skates than Wier so that's an easy call. I would take early season Cowen over Del Z but if the choice was today id take Del Z.

Overall they are all terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad