Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I think coach Caneron is only interested in McCormick and Robinson from that group. Those other guys are too skilled

For real though, I would like to see McCormick-Pageau-Robinson as a 4th line, with Colin White centering our 3rd line in a couple years.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I really want to get Russel, I feel like he would fit in really well with Ceci.

Probably wouldn't be crazy expensive, 3rd + a mid prospect or a 2nd + a low prospect. Plus we have a trial to see if he fits in with us for next season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really want to get Russel, I feel like he would fit in really well with Ceci.

Probably wouldn't be crazy expensive, 3rd + a mid prospect or a 2nd + a low prospect. Plus we have a trial to see if he fits in with us for next season.

I'm on board with trying to get Russell. He is an upgrade for sure on at least 3 of our D. Ideally like to send them a D back the other way in the package.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Can we send Calgary Cowen for Russell?

I feel like Cowen is the kind of guy a Brian Burke team would like.

I'm sure some teams would take a chance on him but it won't be Calgary since they're trying to trade a defensemen because either they know they won't be able to re-sign Russell due to their financial situation on defense or they'll trade someone in order to resign Russell. With Wideman, Giordano, Brodie, Hamilton, Engelland and Smid all making over 3M they would be crazy to add another defensemen making over 3.

The Flames have already nearly 30M commited next year for 6 defensemen, that's quite a bit :laugh:.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Ryan Johansen might be a scratch tonight.

Looks like the Tortorella experiment is already starting to fail. Surprise surprise..

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ryan Johansen might be a scratch tonight.

Looks like the Tortorella experiment is already starting to fail. Surprise surprise..

RyJo has been terrible this year, he's half-assing it most games, he's legit out of shape, slow... disinterested.

I think Torts can over-Tortorella things from time to time, but honestly, Johansen deserves to be scratched.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
RyJo has been terrible this year, he's half-assing it most games, he's legit out of shape, slow... disinterested.

I think Torts can over-Tortorella things from time to time, but honestly, Johansen deserves to be scratched.

The Tortorella comment was partially unrelated to RyJo, in the sense that they have lost 8 of the last 9

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Tortorella comment was partially unrelated to RyJo, in the sense that they have lost 8 of the last 9

They have potentially the worst blueline in the league, and their starting goalie at the moment is Curtis McElhinney.

I'm no Torts fan, but there is only so much a coach can do.

Slightly related: I am still amused at people who thought Columbus was going to not only be a playoff team this year, but be a borderline top team in the east. LOL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm sure some teams would take a chance on him but it won't be Calgary since they're trying to trade a defensemen because either they know they won't be able to re-sign Russell due to their financial situation on defense or they'll trade someone in order to resign Russell. With Wideman, Giordano, Brodie, Hamilton, Engelland and Smid all making over 3M they would be crazy to add another defensemen making over 3.

The Flames have already nearly 30M commited next year for 6 defensemen, that's quite a bit :laugh:.

I think Engellend is just shy of 3 mil, but yeah, I don't see them interested in Cowen. Maybe Boro, but not Cowen.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

I watch every CBJ game and was a big fan of Ry-Jo before, he look like a superstar the last 2 seasons. But this season he has been awful. He's been incredibly slow and lazy, I only notice him on the powerplay where he can float around and still be effective.
With his current form I wouldn't care if he gets traded. Hope he turns it around and that doesnt happen though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Everyone says a top pairing D has to be coming back in any Johansen trade, but that's just not logical. When's the last time a top line center returned a top pairing defenseman in a straight up swap? And are any of these guys even available? Finding a young top pairing D to acquire is like trying to find a unicorn. When underachieving problem players like Johansen are traded it is almost always a package of lesser players, prospects and picks coming back in return.

And if the BJ's trade Johansen, it's not only the defense that needs to be fixed, but a huge hole is opened up down the middle. Jackets fans are kidding themselves if they are okay with Dubinsky and Jenner as their top 2 centers. If Johansen is traded don't be shocked if a lesser center like Zibanejad is the centerpiece (pardon the pun).

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Everyone says a top pairing D has to be coming back in any Johansen trade, but that's just not logical. When's the last time a top line center returned a top pairing defenseman in a straight up swap? And are any of these guys even available? Finding a young top pairing D to acquire is like trying to find a unicorn. When underachieving problem players like Johansen are traded it is almost always a package of lesser players, prospects and picks coming back in return.

And if the BJ's trade Johansen, it's not only the defense that needs to be fixed, but a huge hole is opened up down the middle. Jackets fans are kidding themselves if they are okay with Dubinsky and Jenner as their top 2 centers. If Johansen is traded don't be shocked if a lesser center like Zibanejad is the centerpiece (pardon the pun).

Zibanejad, one of Prince, Wiercioch or Cowen, and Wikstrand. Up to them to upgrade the potential but it is there.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Not that they'll necessarily be able to get a defensemen within their criteria but it's also very hard to find a top line centre, especially a young one that already had a 70 point season and that's RFA at the end of his contract at just 4M. Look at Nashville who's been trying to acquire one for one for years and haven't been able to land one even after some tries with Spezza a couple years back. I don't know all about the Johansen situation but it looks like he's not in shape this season? It happens that some players play bad hockey for periods of time, like Ryan last season but this situation has got a little out of hand for little reason IMO. I don't get why they would already be looking to trade their best player for something like this after he had such a good season last year. It's just 30 games and the whole team has been horrible.

I could see a team with a very good defense try to pry him out. Maybe a team like Calgary since they have a couple of good defensemen that aren't playing to their full potential right now or again Nashville makes sense. You may be right, pretty hard to tell but I don't think Johansen's situation is like Kessel or Kane. They'll get a good deal out of it IMO and if they find a fit with let's say Nashville it could work out.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Not that they'll necessarily be able to get a defensemen within their criteria but it's also very hard to find a top line centre, especially a young one that already had a 70 point season and that's RFA at the end of his contract at just 4M. Look at Nashville who's been trying to acquire one for one for years and haven't been able to land one even after some tries with Spezza a couple years back. I don't know all about the Johansen situation but it looks like he's not in shape this season? It happens that some players play bad hockey for periods of time, like Ryan last season but this situation has got a little out of hand for little reason IMO. I don't get why they would already be looking to trade their best player for something like this after he had such a good season last year. It's just 30 games and the whole team has been horrible.

I could see a team with a very good defense try to pry him out. Maybe a team like Calgary since they have a couple of good defensemen that aren't playing to their full potential right now or again Nashville makes sense. You may be right, pretty hard to tell but I don't think Johansen's situation is like Kessel or Kane. They'll get a good deal out of it IMO and if they find a fit with let's say Nashville it could work out.

From reading around at CBJ fans and some other stuff, it seems RYJ's problem has been attitude/lack of effort for quite a while now. Most if not all CBJ fans seem content with benching RYJ for his lack of effort

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think I would like it if they moved Zibanejad for RyJo, Zibanejad is pretty decent and tbh he still hasn't broken out. Asset value wise IMO not worth it, Zibanejad is getting better slowly and tbh he's pretty solid as our second line centre for a long time.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I don't think I would like it if they moved Zibanejad for RyJo, Zibanejad is pretty decent and tbh he still hasn't broken out. Asset value wise IMO not worth it, Zibanejad is getting better slowly and tbh he's pretty solid as our second line centre for a long time.

That's the exact problem.

Ryan Johansen has proven he can produce and score as a #1/#2 centre.

Z-bad hasn't yet.

I like Zibanejad. I like his potential. It would take a lot for me to consider moving him. Johansen is that kind of 'alot'.

Compare that to the Duchene rumours with Zibanejad. You are giving up your big centreman for the pure skill guy, and hoping you don't get burned by lack of size in a playoff series one day.

Zibanejad for a Johansen is a different comparison.

So when opportunities like this come up.. you are left with a hard choice which is what the GM and staff get paid the big bucks for. Hard objective look at whether "your guy" will ever be as good as the guy potentially available.

But I just see Johansen as the same size frame, the same age, with better hands and more scoring upside.

So you are then left comparing Zibanejad's unknowable potential upside, to Ryan Johansen's question marks and if he can be that guy that scored 30G and put up 63 and 70 pt seasons.

It's just one of the more interesting and realistic possibilities to think about. Johansen and Bobby Ryan on the same line?

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
what i want over the holidays is a different defenceman, i dont care who anymore since its clear that the ones we have outside of our top pairing arent working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig