Salary Cap: 2015-2016 Payroll

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Condra,Smith,Neil, Gryba,Hammond,Legwand, Phillips and Greening .Save Greening he is the only one with a multi year deal .All of them will be gone within a year at most.Greening gets bought out .Dot see the panic tbh:nod:

Because Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Condra, et al all need to be signed now.

My issue is Will there be a "quiet time" where Murray makes a decision to go now or stay the course as long as he can. What are Murray's markers?

And if he does go now, who do we sign to replace him. Dorian is obvious by Murray will not want a knee jerk reaction; he'll want the "best" guy who see the light the way he does.

Make a difference to the Draft, Contracts and Trades all down the line. I hope Murray is able to announce very quickly he is staying at least into next year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Idk... doesnt bother me. The players played when they got their contracts.

Phillips, Neil and Legwand have one year left.. Do we really want to complain about having salary tied up in them for one year?

Only one i hate is Cowen's because it was totally undeserved and based on no evidence he was going to be good.

lol ya you can even argue these contracts helped us reach the floor this year...Not worth getting upset about one year that looks like the cap was slightly mismanaged

Gryba and Boro are not worth complaining about Boro. Boro makes less then he should based on how hes played. Gryba makes the correct amount of money. Were talking about a few hundred 1ooo dollars with Gryba and Boro
You're right. Some of these contracts will be done soon. Boro though? Making less than what he's worth? How much do you think a 6-7 should make?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You're right. Some of these contracts will be done soon. Boro though? Making less than what he's worth? How much do you think a 6-7 should make?

I think Boro is a potential 4-5. A guy you'd rather have in your pairing but can play top 4 in short spurts.

I know im in the minority but ive always been high on Boro after watching him in the AHL. I think he's better then people think and i think he rarely looked poor this season. Gryba was not good and Boro covered for him a lot.

I have no problem with what Boro is and much rather have him then Cowen.

Boro not only played well this season but added an element to the sens they didnt have and showed he could adjust his game to not be an idiot in the playoff and regular season. Were lucky to have Boro and i think hes a very attractive piece to a lot of teams.

Its encouraging that it looks like he got better the more he played too. Slow start and then got better.

He took 42 minutes in minor penalites. Karlsson took...? 42 minutes in minor penalties.

Boro took quite a few rouging calls though. Probably based on reputation but when you get called for roughing its typically two players off

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Given the RFA situation, and the fact that most teams won't take our bad contracts with the cap being at 70mil one of two things will happen this off season

1) The whole budget talk gets put to rest, sens pay up and retain assets on bridge deals, this puts the sens in the later 60 million in terms of spendning. Fans are happy.

2) Sens have a budget in the high 50's low 60's they can not move the bad contracts (Legwand, Phillips, Cowen, Smith) out as a result they have to trade away some of their RFA players (Hoffman, Stone, Zibanejad, Pageau) In this case fans are rightfully pissed.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Given the RFA situation, and the fact that most teams won't take our bad contracts with the cap being at 70mil one of two things will happen this off season

1) The whole budget talk gets put to rest, sens pay up and retain assets on bridge deals, this puts the sens in the later 60 million in terms of spendning. Fans are happy.

2) Sens have a budget in the high 50's low 60's they can not move the bad contracts (Legwand, Phillips, Cowen, Smith) out as a result they have to trade away some of their RFA players (Hoffman, Stone, Zibanejad, Pageau) In this case fans are rightfully pissed.

3rd option make everyone except Hoffman hold out because hoffman has arbitration

play the bingo kids in their place and pray lol

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

One thing people need to keep in mind is this there was some who said Ottawa won't be able to sign Ryan/Methot/Lehner/Clarke/Milo because of the cap now they did my point is people use the word cap to much and maybe don't understand it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad