2015-2016 Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I can definitely see Tallon swinging a deal for Sharp...sort of like the Campbell deal at the draft years ago. Not sure if it'll make sense cap wise though. I also don't think Chicago will dump him in the same fashion as Campbell, but we'll see.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
T

I can definitely see Tallon swinging a deal for Sharp...sort of like the Campbell deal at the draft years ago. Not sure if it'll make sense cap wise though. I also don't think Chicago will dump him in the same fashion as Campbell, but we'll see.
There was talk at the trade deadline that the Hawks had interest in Petro but it never happened. They have around $5M in cap space. Saad and Kruger could eat up $7 or $8M, then they have to either sign or replace Richards or Oduya. Maybe they get them for a song, but I doubt it. Teuvo I believe has been playing on the wing in the playoffs, but he is a possibilty as the 2nd line C. That is a big if as he is not a solid F/O guy. Oduya could command close to $4M and Richards could get $2.5 in UFA. Timonen is probably done + they need one or two more guys for their d corp depending on what happens to Oduya. Pukka may be ready, but that is conjecture.

Sharp is definitely gone and Teuvo or Panarin will probably take his spot. Bickell's $4M may be tough to trade with only 11 and 14 goals his last 2 years. They need someone still on an ELC or small RFA contract in the Sharp trade and that could be either Tro or Petro. I'm not sure if Sharp gets his choice of teams in a trade, but I doubt he would be interested in the Coyotes. Is Seabrook an option if Bickell is untradeable?....yes.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Thanks, so I guess we can expect something to be done? Before I was just assuming it because it was obvious, but DT said he's looking.

Edit: but listening closely, he says "in the draft we're strong up the middle, looking for speed and scoring on the wings" That's why I thought he meant draft.

Tallon has to be ready for the draft regardless. If a trade doesnt happen, he still needs to do his homework. I think Tallon will address the scoring winger in the offseason, but it might be after the draft. IMO, he probably likes Kessel, but doesnt like that bonus that needs to be paid July 1st. Our biggest chip, the 11th OA, would be gone by then, and Kessel would cost us a lot more IMO (as in a more significant player).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Campbell like deal isn't possible under this CBA. Hawks cant just dump a bad contract in minors anymore

Everything above 950k would count towards cap

There was talk at the trade deadline that the Hawks had interest in Petro but it never happened. They have around $5M in cap space. Saad and Kruger could eat up $7 or $8M, then they have to either sign or replace Richards or Oduya. Maybe they get them for a song, but I doubt it. Teuvo I believe has been playing on the wing in the playoffs, but he is a possibilty as the 2nd line C. That is a big if as he is not a solid F/O guy. Oduya could command close to $4M and Richards could get $2.5 in UFA. Timonen is probably done + they need one or two more guys for their d corp depending on what happens to Oduya. Pukka may be ready, but that is conjecture.

Sharp is definitely gone and Teuvo or Panarin will probably take his spot. Bickell's $4M may be tough to trade with only 11 and 14 goals his last 2 years. They need someone still on an ELC or small RFA contract in the Sharp trade and that could be either Tro or Petro. I'm not sure if Sharp gets his choice of teams in a trade, but I doubt he would be interested in the Coyotes. Is Seabrook an option if Bickell is untradeable?....yes.

Sharp has modified NTC so he can block deal to a few teams

As for Seabrook ,, I think if preliminary talks between him and his agent show he isn't affordable longterm that Hawks need to shop him because losing him for nothing next summer would be bitter pill to swallow

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
As for Seabrook ,, I think if preliminary talks between him and his agent show he isn't affordable longterm that Hawks need to shop him because losing him for nothing next summer would be bitter pill to swallow
I think Edmonton would luv to grab him for Darnell Nurse and Anton Lander. Would only make sense if Bickell's contract is untradeable. Bickell contract is probably more viable if they take $1m back. Seabrook will be 31 when the new contract goes into effect. Can he get 7 years as a UFA @$6M per?.....probably. The Hawks would probably have to go 8 to make him happy. Not sure they want two aging defensemen at that kind of a cap hit.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I doubt their fans would want to move him.

Yeah I doubt it as well.

Nurse might be the most overrated prospect by a specific fan base.

I guess when they don't really have many good defensemen, a decent prospect for them must look like the second coming of Bobby Orr!

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
sry but imma have to agree with IM Clutcm. i think he'll be the first offensive call-up tho. at least he should be imo

Last edited by a moderator:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
sry but imma have to agree with IM Clutcm. i think he'll be the first offensive call-up tho. at least he should be imo

+1.

Wingers look like:
Huberdeau-Jagr
Jokinen-Boyes
Pirri-Hayes
(FA or guys like Howden or Brickley)

I don't see a spot where Grimaldi fits this year. Especially if Tallon trades or signs another top 6 winger. Next year, Jagr and Boyes are slated to be UFA, and Hayes IIRC could be if he signs a 1 year deal. That's when I think Grimadi can have a good possibility of making the team straight out of camp. This year he'll really have to impress the coaches that he is worth a starting role over Boyes/FA*/Hayes.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
+1.

Wingers look like:
Huberdeau-Jagr
Jokinen-Boyes
Pirri-Hayes
(FA or guys like Howden or Brickley)

I don't see a spot where Grimaldi fits this year. Especially if Tallon trades or signs another top 6 winger. Next year, Jagr and Boyes are slated to be UFA, and Hayes IIRC could be if he signs a 1 year deal. That's when I think Grimadi can have a good possibility of making the team straight out of camp. This year he'll really have to impress the coaches that he is worth a starting role over Boyes/FA*/Hayes.

yepp i agree.
i know this is waaaaaay to early to start talking about but anyways, you guys remember how good the jokinen - bolland - boyes was for awhile at the end of the season? i would like that line to stay intact acually. pirri on the second with bjugstad and mabye we'll see some of "the good"-hayes. don't really know who'd adding the playmaking skills to that line tho :laugh:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Olsen requires waivers to get sent down though no? so probably SOB first

I highly doubt he'd be claimed, but if management thinks that it would be Kampfer that is sent down and Olsen as the #7. SOB won't be back.

And even if he was claimed, so what? Olsen isn't going to be back after this season anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad